[Book spoilers] About Jon and Locke

unrecorded

This is my fear and it would be really lame. It could have worked if Locke was genuinely sent to the NW and he actually got into it, but as he's a double agent it sort of takes away from the assassination to kill Jon because he's evil, rather than because he thinks he's helping the greater good.

I can see Locke gaining some respect/admiration for Jon, but still ultimately going through with the job despite not getting any satisfaction out of it like he did with Jaime. That would add a similar level of reluctance that was in the books.

Or he's just an evil bastard that doesn't give a shit.

What would Roose Bolton want with the Stark boys, anyway? They completely knock out his position as Warden of the North and eventual Lord of Winterfell. Bolton only told Locke to find the Stark boys, he didn't say bring them back. I think Locke's job is to kill them. Which means if Bran lives, Locke dies.

has he been there this season? if he has i haven't noticed.

Yes the actor is there, but he had cut his hair very short, and I read somewhere that the directors changed his character, so he is now credited as Othell Yarwyck i think?

"Et tu...Locke."

Seriously though, I would prefer if D&D actually had the Night's Watch stab him instead of it being some Bolton conspiracy. It's worth saying that at the end of the day, stabbing Jon isn't going to get Bran and Rickon back so it's still possible he won't be the one who stabs him.

GUYS! I just figured something out!!!

Jon just became buds with a guy named Locke.

John Locke was a character on a show that took place on an island with a smoke monster.

R'hllor is a fire god.

Fire creates smoke.

The island on Lost is surrounded by salt water.

Azor Ahai is born amidst salt and smoke.

JON SNOW IS AZOR AHAI CONFIRMED!

GUYS! I just figured something out!!!

Jon just became buds with a guy named Locke.

John Locke was a character on a show that took place on an island with a smoke monster.

R'hllor is a fire god.

Fire creates smoke.

The island on Lost is surrounded by salt water.

Azor Ahai is born amidst salt and smoke.

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!

Fixed.

I'd like to see Locke go up against the 'legend of gin alley' Karl Tanner, but I suppose Jon Snow will kill him, unless the wolves get him

Agreed, though I was hoping Brienne would get to do the honors, especially since we know she bites off someone's ear this season. Ah well.

I don't think so. Like Jon above me said, it loses something if it's from an enemy rather than a brother. Also, to keep Locke around for so long doing nothing about taking care of Jon Snow makes him look ineffectual. It would get really boring having him hang out and do ... nothing until the time comes seasons (a season?) from now.

I think he will try to get to Jon during the battle at the Wall and won't succeed. My fervent hope is that Ygritte's arrow takes him as he gets close to Jon.

I absolutely see this as being the most plausible outcome for Locke. That's why it won't happen. :laugh:

So now when Jon Snow and this Locke guy go to Craster's Keep and do their thing when they leave we her Jon Locke yell WE HAVE TO GO BACK!!!!!!

Puh-lease. That was Jack. I am liking the "Jon Locke" theme running through these threads though :D

Unless he takes on a Marsh role, it seems like his involvement is ultimately pointless. Is he just going to be another guy for Jon, the greatest swordsman alive, to defeat?

If he is just offed in the whole convoluted Bran/Craster's filler plot, I would rather not have that character be there. He just becomes a filler character.

I think the show writers are smarter than this, and he will serve some actual meaningful purpose.

And he is a badass. I want a Locke action figure.

Archived