[Book spoilers] About Jon and Locke

unrecorded

In the first 2 seasons yes, I agree. But as someone else pointed out his storyline in season 2 was crap, especially compared to what he had in the books. I think that once his storyline improved so did the acting. I think KH did really well this last episode.

My point is that you can't blame the writing for his season 2 performance, because the other actors have done much better with iffy material. Stannis fans hate some of his scenes but admit that the actor is nailing it. Jon's storyline in season 1 was fine, yet his performance was not good. I agree that he's been good so far this season, because he's dedicated to the role and has been improving with experience. But he was never a natural talent like Maisie Williams. It's just a shame that my favorite POV character is only now getting interesting in the 4th season of the show, because up until now I haven't seen Jon Snow, only a mediocre actor trying really hard.

My point is that you can't blame the writing for his season 2 performance, because the other actors have done much better with iffy material. Stannis fans hate some of his scenes but admit that the actor is nailing it. Jon's storyline in season 1 was fine, yet his performance was not good. I agree that he's been good so far this season, because he's dedicated to the role and has been improving with experience. But he was never a natural talent like Maisie Williams. It's just a shame that my favorite POV character is only now getting interesting in the 4th season of the show, because up until now I haven't seen Jon Snow, only a mediocre actor trying really hard.

BIB: none of the other actors have been given a storyline in which for 4 episodes all they had to do was sulking while a girl made fun of him about not knowing how to do it. It was that cringeworthy, what could he do? I doubt any actor could have made that work. Do you think Charles Dance's delivery of "I know how to do it" (that's all I remember him saying btw, I removed from my memory the rest of the visual fart his storyline was in season 2) would have been better?

I get what you're saying, like I said he's also one of my faves in the books, yet in the show I was shaking my head for 2 seasons and a bit. In season 3 as well, his storyline was all off and weird, until about episode 7. And I agree, it's a shame he's getting interesting only now, but hey better late than never. If it continues to go well, the rest of the season and the next (I've been looking forward to Jon/Stannis/Mel since forever now) are going to be great for Jon.

Locke as a replacement for Rattleshirt?

We'd get to see him die as Mance then Noah Taylor could be Mance infiltrating Winterfell as Locke instead of as a random bard

I know Rattleshirt has already appeared, but he could be portrayed as one of the semi-good wildlings

Archived