Who wants Bran to meet Jon? [ Book Spoilers ]

TheBadboy

Bran and Jon at same place!!!!!

I desperately want to see a Stark Reunion!

And some people are complaining that why will Jon let Bran go if he meets him

Possible reasons

1. Locked is there. He tries to kill Bran and Co. Jon realises that Bran isn't safe at the Wall or even In the south.

2. Bran saves the day by some of his magical prowess and warging abilities.

Ensuring Jon that he can take care himself.

3. Possibly Bran faces a Wight and manages to overcome it and makes Jon believe that his ultimate goal that is to defeat the others requires him to go north.

4, Jon is bound by duty to wall and with the upcoming wildlings war, he can't possibly abandon it.

5. Bran promises to find out the truth about others and what happened to the Craster's babies.

6. Tells him Rickon is alive and is going to the Umbers, and asks Jon to go protect him instead.

And tells Jon that even if something happens to him a Stark will still be alive

So why can't Jon meet Bran already!!!! :)

it would be a nice moment since the starks have been through so much but i can't see why jon would let bran travel north in harm's way of white walkers and mance's army. i agree with you it would def be cool but in the books jon thinks bran is dead so i think that bran and co. might escape during the chaos at crasters so jon will probably never know he's even there. but you never know D&D could switch it up and give the audience something good to feel about we'll just have to wait and see.

I desperately want one too, especially seeing as the 'damage' has already been done with Jon knowing Bran is alive so what harm can catching a glimpse of each other do?

This might be the closest thing Bran gets to Stark reunion... :crying:

Who says their interaction has to end with Jon letting Bran go North?

It might just be Jon seeing Bran amongst the chaos and telling him to get the hell out of there, creating a distraction for him to escape. I don’t think he’s going to get the chance to sit down and chat with Bran when surrounded by fighting.

Also, Jon’s line in this episode about finding it difficult not to go after Bran has undertones of duty vs love and acceptance in it.

Either way, I’ll be very disappointed if the whole point in Bran being captured was just to tease the audience with another near miss.

I'm more worried about Jon meeting the Reeds. Too early for that reveal, IMO.

I'm also assuming this will be another Stark-meetup miss. Which is what they're setting up for Sansa and Arya, too.

I want it to happen too, but it's impractical. Jon isn't traveling alone. Even if he lets Bran continue with his quest, are any of the NW who survive Craster's with him going to swear to secrecy that one legitimate Stark is very much alive? I've always questioned GRRM's plotting that lets Sam know Bran's alive with no mention to Jon, but it's more practical than to have them meet and then Jon lets Bran slip away. I'm also going to completely ignore how the show's meanderings nullify the possibility of Jon being legitimized as a Stark the way Robb or Stannis intended.

It probably won't happen, but I could see how it would work. Jon hasn't had any prophetic dreams or is able to warg into Ghost yet, where in the story, Bran helped him in his dreams. Maybe they could use this as a way to remedy that in the show? Who knows, but I'm excited to see it.

I'm more worried about Jon meeting the Reeds. Too early for that reveal, IMO.

I'm also assuming this will be another Stark-meetup miss. Which is what they're setting up for Sansa and Arya, too.

Hmmmmmm, that is a good point, the Reeds and will they or won't they run into Jon and have some information for him? I hadn't even thought of that, probably because I'm too busy half the time wondering what is the point of some of these changes. I'm thinking there might not be a meeting for Jon and Bran, maybe this is about course correction. I'm starting to suspect that the show didn't want Sam to have to keep such a secret and now we have the setup for Jon to just come to the conclusion, perhaps, by things done at Craster's Keep, that Bran dies before or during this mess?

The Reed question is interesting, though.

Hmmmmmm, that is a good point, I hadn't even thought of that, probably because I'm too busy half the time wondering what is the point of some of these changes. I'm thinking there might not be a meeting for Jon and Bran, maybe this is about course correction. I'm starting to suspect that the show didn't want Sam to have to keep such a secret and now we have the setup for Jon to just come to the conclusion, perhaps, by things done at Craster's Keep, that Bran dies before or during this mess?

I don't think they can have Jon and Bran meet. Hey, by the way, I can warg into my wolf, you should try it too, and I have prophetic dreams and I'm heading to the far North to fulfill my destiny that I see when I touch the weirwood trees....that is WAY too much information for Jon to have going forward.

Hmmmmmm, that is a good point, the Reeds and will they or won't they run into Jon and have some information for him? I hadn't even thought of that, probably because I'm too busy half the time wondering what is the point of some of these changes. I'm thinking there might not be a meeting for Jon and Bran, maybe this is about course correction. I'm starting to suspect that the show didn't want Sam to have to keep such a secret and now we have the setup for Jon to just come to the conclusion, perhaps, by things done at Craster's Keep, that Bran dies before or during this mess?

A lot of this is course correction...without CH, someone has to kill the mutineers. This also sets up Jon being a commander better than him moping in an ice cell, so I don't mind it that much. Interesting about Bran maybe faking his own death (or Jon assuming he dies). That could help sew these plot holes closed.

Truthfully everything about this plot is stressing me out; this is why I read the books! I'm really worried about Meera being surrounded by Rapey McRapers, Locke's function is confusing me, and then there's the whole Ghost is in a cage and Summer is in a pit. The Reeds likely carrying the R+L=J bomb is just another element that's concerning me. Not that I don't want to know, but for Jon to know before becoming LC? Huge huge change.

I don't think they can have Jon and Bran meet. Hey, by the way, I can warg into my wolf, you should try it too, and I have prophetic dreams and I'm heading to the far North to fulfill my destiny that I see when I touch the weirwood trees....that is WAY too much information for Jon to have going forward.

Good points. Though I am hoping Jon wargs in the next episode to help with the attacks.

I do agree with you, but here's a weird thought I had perusing the board just now. The next episode is called: The First of His Name. While I suspect it is about Tommen, you know how it goes......many times the show title has more than one meaning. Jon Snow Stark Targaryen, The First of His Name?? I doubt it, but just seeing the title of that episode on the board just now has me wondering and worrying, LOL

I do think this is a way to absolve Sam of such secret keeping (as stupid as that is, rme). I suspect Jon will know of Summer's existance, and just like in the books, think perhaps the wolf is the only one left? Maybe?

Jon Snow Stark Targaryen, The First of His Name??

I think that reveal itself officially might be earlier on the show than it will be in the books, but Jon already knowing, that would be a huge, like more than double Hodor huge (! :D ) difference.

I do agree with you, but here's a weird thought I had perusing the board just now. The next episode is called: The First of His Name. While I suspect it is about Tommen, you know how it goes......many times the show title has more than one meaning. Jon Snow Stark Targaryen, The First of His Name?? I doubt it, but just seeing the title of that episode on the board just now has me wondering and worrying, LOL

I do think this is a way to absolve Sam of such secret keeping (as stupid as that is, rme). I suspect Jon will know of Summer's existance, and just like in the books, think perhaps the wolf is the only one left? Maybe?

Eh. Let's admit it: it was a bad choice. Jon knowing Bran is alive is wrong on many levels of character development...unless they have him think that Bran dies a second time, which is like Dallas level melodrama...it's a bad choice that undercuts much of what Jon does in the future. Book Jon wouldn't let his brother go North like that, at a minimum he would send some rangers or go himself...which he can do now, since he's not LC, Thorne would be happy to get rid of him in such a way, nor would he do nothing to find Rickon if he thought he was alive also. It's asinine.

I don't think it has anything to do with Sam, TV audience doesn't pay attention to that level of stuff...it's just about cranking up the drama.

I'm guessing D&D are going to provide show watchers with a heartbreaking near miss and not an actual meetup. But who knows? The show has been full of surprises lately.

I agree but I also think that seems kind of pointless considering Queenscrow was less than 10 episodes ago..the whole converging of plotlines with Locke thrown in (that part I like at least the general idea of it) baffled me..

-Mutineers at Craster's Keep is fine - Even Karl painted up for someone you want to hate on TV is fine for a short-term plot

But jumping from one episode of 'We have to capture or kill them for strategic reasons' to 'Where could Bran have gone?' 'Wildling villages are empty maybe he went to Crasters' and 'Let's take this new guy with us'... I'm not saying it may not work out in the end as good television but it's not clever or good writing in the slightest (this isn't the episode writer it's probably more a function of bringing Jon back too early because they felt like they had to and now needing 4-5 episodes to keep that plot building towards the condensed battle.

I was REALLY disappointed that

(1) Sam told Jon about Bran - in the books, Sam knowing that Jon's brother, any other Stark at this point, is living, but being oath-bound not to tell him, is one of the most poignant moments in the entire series

(2) even worse, the fact that Jon was told about it was just mentioned in an off hand way - if D&D were going to reveal it, at least they should have made it a significant scene!

From that starting point, I honestly fear what comes next and that we'll have some underwhelming reunion between Jon and Bran...

This, it seems to me, is a second major botch up by D&D on in relation to Bran - the first being how they handled Bran & Rickon's supposed murder in Season2/3: (1) Cat and Rob were informed at the beginning of Season 3 not that Bran and Rickon are dead, killed by Theon, but that they are merely missing and (2) worse yet, Cat had already released Jaime at the end of Season 2, i.e. before she got this information. To me, this both detracted from Cat's character (in the books she only released Jaime thinking her two younger sons dead and thus desperately focusing on saving her girls) and somewhat dulled the horror of the Red Weddins - in the books, the dying Cat thinks it is her last, her only remaining, son that is being killed at the Twins.

So all in all not impressed with that one....

I think that reveal itself officially might be earlier on the show than it will be in the books, but Jon already knowing, that would be a huge, like more than double Hodor huge (! :D ) difference.

Not sure if this got lost in all the other happenings this episode, but in Jon's conversation with Locke concerning his high-born-ness, they seemed to make a point in mentioning his mother. "My father was highborn. My mother was... not."

Just another R+L=J drop this season. What's that make, four now? They're gearing up for it.

A lot of this is course correction...without CH, someone has to kill the mutineers. This also sets up Jon being a commander better than him moping in an ice cell, so I don't mind it that much. Interesting about Bran maybe faking his own death (or Jon assuming he dies). That could help sew these plot holes closed.

Truthfully everything about this plot is stressing me out; this is why I read the books! I'm really worried about Meera being surrounded by Rapey McRapers, Locke's function is confusing me, and then there's the whole Ghost is in a cage and Summer is in a pit. The Reeds likely carrying the R+L=J bomb is just another element that's concerning me. Not that I don't want to know, but for Jon to know before becoming LC? Huge huge change.

Good points. Though I am hoping Jon wargs in the next episode to help with the attacks.

Wait wait hold the fuck up! No CH? I seriously was hoping to see him. If they are omitting him then I see why they are writing Jon to kill them all. But also CH, is the one who helps Bran to his destination, right? Damn,

Archived