Who wants Bran to meet Jon? [ Book Spoilers ]

TheBadboy

I can't see Bran ever warging Ghost, let alone warging Ghost before Show!Jon does. I also can't see Bran warging a human being other than Hodor, not just because warging another human being is wrong, but because I suspect that the effects of warging go both ways; ie. the warg and the wargee (if you will) may both experience changes. I don't think a sweet soul like Bran would want to warg into a nasty piece of work like Rast (or Karl!) anyway. He might contract the equivalent of a warging STD! :P

LMAO! :rofl:

I can't see Bran ever warging Ghost, let alone warging Ghost before Show!Jon does. I also can't see Bran warging a human being other than Hodor, not just because warging another human being is wrong, but because I suspect that the effects of warging go both ways; ie. the warg and the wargee (if you will) may both experience changes. I don't think a sweet soul like Bran would want to warg into a nasty piece of work like Rast (or Karl!) anyway. He might contract the equivalent of a warging STD! :P

Hey, desperate times call for desperate measures. And besides, how is Bran supposed to warg a dragon if he doesn't move on from Hodor and weirwoods?

Hey, desperate times call for desperate measures. And besides, how is Bran supposed to warg a dragon if he doesn't move on from Hodor and weirwoods?

I suspect that Bloodraven will provide Bran with plenty of training before (or if) that happens. That being said, while I adore Bran, but I am not certain whether he'll be a part of the three-headed dragon (I'm leaning towards Jon-Dany-Tyrion, myself). I think Melisandre will mistake Bran for an antagonist (as she already has in her visions) and that those two will have more to do with each other during TWOW, rather than Bran warging a dragon. That's just the way I see things playing out, but I would love to be proven wrong, so c'mon GRRM - we'd all like our copies of TWOW ASAP. :drool:

My money is on Bran warging Rast and killing Karl in a swordfight. In the Chaos, Craster's wives have their own backstabbing mutiny (more satisfying revenge) against the raper mutineers, and Bran et al. escape in the commotion, freeing Hodor, Summer, and Ghost on their way out. All but Ghost head north. Ghost reunites with Jon who then arrives at the now free house of Craster, whose wives want little to do with more Night's Watch, other than to tell them their brothers are already dead as a warning. Mance's army is then sighted, causing them to make tracks back to the wall.

The only problem I see with this is that we see Jon and Co. fighting against the mutineers in the "First of His Name" promo. Would love for some Craster's wives revenge though

I like this change... mainly because Bran's story is just warging and walking... its important, but it would be filming the same scene over and over again...

Agreed, I like the change too because we get something more substantial. I'm sad to say that my Unsullied mother still finds it boring and pointless so far, even though theres more going on. She doesn't believe me when I try to hint his importance :frown5:

Agreed, I like the change too because we get something more substantial. I'm sad to say that my Unsullied mother still finds it boring and pointless so far, even though theres more going on. She doesn't believe me when I try to hint his importance :frown5:

Maybe, unsullied Mom would enjoy it all more if she could read the books?

I wouldn't like it (not in Craster's keep at this point in the show, at any rate) and I don't think it's gonna happen.

I think what will happen is exactly as in TLotR, when Aragorn and co. were coming to Merry and Pippin's rescue in the 2 Towers.

Bran and co. will take advantage of the commotion created by Jon's arrival and will slip away from Craster's Keep while the battle's raging on (after freeing Hodor and being reunited with Summer, of course).

I predict Jon WILL meet up with Bran - he already knows about him heading North, which is a huge deviation from the book. Otherwise, Bran's only other way to get out of this mess is to warg into Hodor and go to town Conan-the-Barbarian-style on the Night's Rapists. Since Hodor was getting skewered when last we saw him, even if Bran were to warg him, he's probably in no condition to fight.

I could see Jon replacing Coldhands by saving his brother and getting him to the three-eyed raven safe and sound, and I predict that Jojen will tell Jon who his parents are. Or perhaps Coldhands will actually make an appearance, save Bran, and destroy the rapists, at which point Jon won't meet them and never find out that Khal Drogo is his nuncle by marriage.

No matter what happens, if the show kills off Hodor, I'm going to lose my shit, along with about 99 million other fans.

With that being said, it would still be utterly badass if Bran convinces the rapists to leave Hodor alone and let him take care of their horses, then wargs into him at night and goes all Rambo on the rapists by freeing the direwolves. Then he'll declare his Bran's love for Meera, and the poor actor playing Hodor will actually have to memorize some lines.

Hodor the Barbarian, raper of rapists and breaker of direwolf chains.

I think the meet up between Bran and Jon will never happen.

I imagine Bran will warg into Hodor or his wolf and manage a timely escape. Or Coldhand will show up and save the day just before Jon arrives only to find almost everyone's dead or dying. I'd like to see Hodor wield a sword ans take out Rast for example.

I don't see Jon and Bran meeting up because Jon wouldn't let Bran loose north of the wall for the same reason He came to bring back the mutineers: Manse must not know of the NW actual strength. And to let Bran go would mean he accepts losing him to the enemy.

I find myself thinking as I do when I watch a show I know nothing about what's next. I like that. Everything's possible.

Please let it be Coldhands. Coldhands is one of my favourite parts of Bran's story; I would be sad if they skip him altogether.

As for Jon even knowing about Bran's existence, I was rather upset to find that Sam told him.
Isn't it a big deal in the novels that Sam keeps his promise to Bran and doesn't even tell Jon of his whereabouts or existence?

Please let it be Coldhands. Coldhands is one of my favourite parts of Bran's story; I would be sad if they skip him altogether.

As for Jon even knowing about Bran's existence, I was rather upset to find that Sam told him.

Isn't it a big deal in the novels that Sam keeps his promise to Bran and doesn't even tell Jon of his whereabouts or existence?

Sam never made that promise to Bran in the show. In the books, the only thing that really makes him keep his promise is Coldhands' threat to him if he breaks it. Since there isn't any Coldhands nor any promise to anyone, it only makes sense that Sam tells Jon.

I really don't know why people keep advancing the possibility that Jon will get there and find all the mutineers dead when we see him fighting people in the trailers. Do you really think they sent Jon up there with a sword just not to use it? Come on now!

Whoops sorry- hadn't watched the trailer, just saw it. Looks like Jon and Rast are locking swords, Jojen's tied up with rope, and Hodor is in chains, but getting pumped to do something. Okay, revised prediction:

Jon and company provide the distraction for Bran to warg Hodor to do something more than just shut up and go to sleep like he did in the tower at Queenscrown. This time, he has Hodor break his chains (more plausible/fun than breaking rope) and untie them, maybe carry Bran out of Crasters/stomp some minor mutineer on the way to an exit. The shot of Bran crawling in the promo is probably him looking back and seeing Jon fighting as they go.

Jon and Co. will win the fight; Locke will learn that it was Bran of Winterfell who escaped the mutineers, deserting the NW to go in pursuit while Jon and the rest head back to the wall- with Ghost.

I really don't know why people keep advancing the possibility that Jon will get there and find all the mutineers dead when we see him fighting people in the trailers. Do you really think they sent Jon up there with a sword just not to use it? Come on now!

I haven't seen the trailer and even if I would think it odd that Jon had not much fighting to do I could understand it.

My point was just that by the time he gets there, bran will be gone. In fact I believe there will be some sword fights but they will not be to save Bran. But then again this is only what I think.

see

edit : I still haven't watched the trailer and won't as I never actually watched them.

I haven't seen the trailer and even if I would think it odd that Jon had not much fighting to do I could understand it.

My point was just that by the time he gets there, bran will be gone. In fact I believe there will be some sword fights but they will not be to save Bran. But then again this is only what I think.

see

edit : I still haven't watched the trailer and won't as I never actually watched them.

I think you're right there. Bran will be gone by the time Jon arrives.

Mmmh, I don't know. I can't really think about it, because I'm fairly sure they'll tease the audience with it, but it ultimately won't happen. It would be too big a change, and both characters still need to do their book arcs, so I don't see it.

Would I want it? Probably not, because I think it would change the story too much.

Archived