Targaryen sigil

ymaface

"Now, draw our House sigil 50 times. NO MISTAKES!"

"50 times?"

"YES OR ELSE YOU'LL WAKE THE DRAGON!"

"Oh maaan...."

"Now Dany, tell me the names of all the dragons of our House, and their riders. While you're at it, tell me in chronological order the years in which the Targaryen Kings reigned."

"...(whispers) fml..."

"EXCUSE YOU ARE YOU TRYING TO WAKE THE DRAGON?!"

One of the critics in the recap collection up on wicnet complained about how dogy the CGI flag looked - I have just watched again and I thought it looked really good.

I have seen a few complaints as well.

One reviewer I have some trust in said "The best CGI they have done is when it is small scale to match the small screen - specific items (direwolves, dragons), back drops when it isn't the main focus of the shot (additions to scenery, buildings), or in the case of Blackwater a night scene when the focus is entirely on the CGI and you don't see much of the real world at all. Dany's shot at the top of the pyramid with the banner didn't fit in with the above 3 categories and I feel didn't work as well on the small screen."

That argument seems valid and may be the reason some people saw it as not 'quite right'.

One reviewer I have some trust in said "The best CGI they have done is when it is small scale to match the small screen - specific items (direwolves, dragons), back drops when it isn't the main focus of the shot (additions to scenery, buildings), or in the case of Blackwater a night scene when the focus is entirely on the CGI and you don't see much of the real world at all. Dany's shot at the top of the pyramid with the banner didn't fit in with the above 3 categories and I feel didn't work as well on the small screen."

That argument seems valid and may be the reason some people saw it as not 'quite right'.

I thought the Targ 'flag' looked just fine.

You are right the concept of the scene was just fine, the framing good, but there seemed to be a lack of CGI - 'detailing', plus the long shot seemed to cut off too soon. We had already seen Meereen's scale, this was a perfect place to really hammer down on WOW factor, sort of like the final 'helicopter' shot in S3E4.

I mean it looks good , as it is, but could have been pumped CGI-wise to good effect.

Archived