[spoilers] Nitpicking with Impunity

Nami

I've re watched the scene with Margery and the Queen of Thorns . I understand how people are annoyed at Margaerys apparent innocence

in regards to Joffrey's death while coming across as very scheming and savvy at other times in the story. I was thinking about it and came

to the conclusion that even the most emotionally detached schemer or social climber might be taken aback by the fact their grandmother

had killed a king on their wedding day, especially if she had just assumed along with most people in kings landing that it was Tyrion.

The kill the masters graffiti being in the common tongue was meant to have been the obvious work of an increasingly angry and disillusioned

greyworm.

- Nothing about the Jaime rape. They should have inserted a scene between Cersei and Jaime to show that showed it either being okay between them to im[ply that ultimately Cersei considered it consensual, or had a scene between them where she was scared and upset and mentions it. You can't just throw rape into Jaime's redemption arc and act like it never happened.

You are right. Fortunately, there was no Jaime / Cersei rape scene, so acting like it never happened is appropriate. Seriously, the people making the show said it wasn't intended to be rape, so it's not unreasonable that the later episodes don't deal with it as such.

If you are looking for some sort evidence to show that Cersei was ok with what Jaime did, you could consider the fact that they don't mention it to be in line with it not meaning anything. Alternately, based on her behavior this episode (ignoring Jaime when he knocks, sounding bitchier than normal, brushing him away when he tries to get close to her), she's clearly upset about something. Whether it's with Jaime for what happened in the sept, with Jaime because he won't agree to kill Tyrion (and seems to be taking his side), or somebody else and he's just the "lucky" guy who gets to deal with her sh*t, or some combination isn't stated explicitly, but I'd feel safe going with all three.

To be honest, I do think that Cersei was worried about being caught, and I think she didn't want to have sex with Jaime because she was trying to use their relationship (as a whole, not just sex) as leverage to get him to kill Tyrion. I think that this episode continues to show that.

My personal belief is that Cersei wasn't upset by the physical act itself, but what it represented -- a loss of control over Jaime when she feels like she needs him the most.

Right....

Like his brother...

Being right there...

In front of him...

In a freaking trap...

Right, not a single reason. <.<

Maybe you are right. He started howling BEFORE his brother got captured. Actually it makes some sense since one of the reasons wolf elicit a howl is to rally the pack together. But then it would seem he actually helped to lure his borther into a trap...

While I agree completely with the idea of them keeping Ghost alive making no logical sense and is completely stupid, why does everybody think that the mutineers are the ones who held him down and built a cage for him?

I just assumed Mormont or Sam put him in there for the night last season, and then the mutiny happened.

Stay tuned. I think they're going to do a complete roller coaster ride with Tyrion. We're just about to hit the drop point.

I think you're totally wrong on this. In the show (for some good reasons) they didn't do Shae like book-Shae and they're not going to end her in the same way either. The baddest thing Tyrion is gonna do is get mad and do one rebellious little killing. It's fine, in the show he's a good guy. And D&D have this show pretty neatly divided between the good guys and the reprobates.

While I agree completely with the idea of them keeping Ghost alive making no logical sense and is completely stupid, why does everybody think that the mutineers are the ones who held him down and built a cage for him?

I just assumed Mormont or Sam put him in there for the night last season, and then the mutiny happened.

That is actually a reasonable point. They don't make it look that way, and the feeding makes it hard to intuit that conclusion. I think they should've just had a starved wolf in a cage - if they had to cage them at all for their little pointless made for TV story arc.

That is actually a reasonable point. They don't make it look that way, and the feeding makes it hard to intuit that conclusion. I think they should've just had a starved wolf in a cage - if they had to cage them at all for their little pointless made for TV story arc.

Again, I agree. Ghost being here is such a stupid fucking plot point, but I also never got the impression that these idiot mutineers ever "captured" him. I just assumed that he was put in there for safety reasons, much like Grey Wind was caged up during the Red Wedding.

The part that I don't understand is why he wasn't treated the same way as Grey Wind was. Wasting food on an extra mouth makes no sense to me, because none of these guys can control him and they have no practical use for him.

I would love to be in the writers room with D&D just so I could point out how fucking stupid and nonsensical their fan fiction is.

We should have had a scene in episode 1 with Jon standing on top of the Wall and seeing Ghost running out from the woods towards the Wall and have the reunion then, and then Ghost could have accompanied him on this murder mission.

But that would have made too much sense for D&D.

I got the impression that karl was keeping ghost alive because he was arrogant enough to think that he could somehow train ghost and use him as a weapon. Maybe he had no respect for jon snow and though if he could train a dire wolf there should be no reason karl couldn't either.

... No. Thats a laaaarge stretch. Even at castle Black Ghost basically roamed free. Now all of a sudden they put him in a cage!? And i don't think Ghost would even be at Crasters. Snow wasn't there anymore. He would either be with jon, or out hunting in the wood.

Again, I agree. Ghost being here is such a stupid fucking plot point, but I also never got the impression that these idiot mutineers ever "captured" him. I just assumed that he was put in there for safety reasons, much like Grey Wind was caged up during the Red Wedding.

The part that I don't understand is why he wasn't treated the same way as Grey Wind was. Wasting food on an extra mouth makes no sense to me, because none of these guys can control him and they have no practical use for him.

I would love to be in the writers room with D&D just so I could point out how fucking stupid and nonsensical their fan fiction is.

We should have had a scene in episode 1 with Jon standing on top of the Wall and seeing Ghost running out from the woods towards the Wall and have the reunion then, and then Ghost could have accompanied him on this murder mission.

But that would have made too much sense for D&D.

Only thing is Rob caged Grey Wind. Not somebody else. Jon didn't cage ghost up.

I would like to be there as well. sometimes the show seems to add too much filler.

I don't see any logical reason for Ghost to be alive (yet). Plot-wise, I'm speculating it's so that Jon can start warging. Bran will activate it or it will happen "naturally". Seems like the perfect time to showcase Jon's ability since his storyline is crossing with Bran's.

It's overdue for the other Starks to warg unless the writers have decided Bran is the only one that can do it so as to keep his storyline special or something.

Who cares if jon wargs ghost??? It's kinda a lame superpower and I could do with less warging altogether . I could run through the woods behind my house holding a camera , record myself growling , put them together and upload it as "leaked nymeriA scene" and errrebody be like awwwhh shiz you see that new fuhtage? Season 5 daawg

I think Jon might have put him in a cage for the night so he wouldn't be tempted to eat all Craster's pigs in the night. I'm worried about Ghost because I didn't actually see any sign of them giving him any food or water. How long has it been since Jon or Sam were there?

They are probably keeping Ghost as a kind of watchdog. He'll make noise if someone's out there he doesn't know, which is helpful for them for now. And then he'll starve and they won't have to worry about him. They're creeps and I hope he eats them all.

Well "kill the masters" in English was absolutely ignorant

Bran ending up at Crasters... I'm not sure about that. I was surprised, but I can absolutely understand why they would do it. I'm just not sure they can pull it off. So far it was a little stupid.

Ghost... While it's somewhat odd to keep the direwolf in a cage, admittedly the show must explain why Ghost didn't return to the Wall.

Bran and the Reeds were kinda boring as always.

Apart from the english text in Meereen, my other serious problem was the White Walker scene... so the White walkers actually have a civilized society with high ranked White walkers in fancy black dresses and the own Stonehenge and Mordor that met Queen Elsa. And how did the naked baby even survive the ride? The whole scene was completely ridiculous.

And I missed Varys and Roose Bolton and Oberyn

Well "kill the masters" in English was absolutely ignorant

Bran ending up at Crasters... I'm not sure about that. I was surprised, but I can absolutely understand why they would do it. I'm just not sure they can pull it off. So far it was a little stupid.

Ghost... While it's somewhat odd to keep the direwolf in a cage, admittedly the show must explain why Ghost didn't return to the Wall.

Bran and the Reeds were kinda boring as always.

Apart from the english text in Meereen, my other serious problem was the White Walker scene... so the White walkers actually have a civilized society with high ranked White walkers in fancy black dresses and the own Stonehenge and Mordor that met Queen Elsa. And how did the naked baby even survive the ride? The whole scene was completely ridiculous.

And I missed Varys and Roose Bolton and Oberyn

IMO the Other protected him from the cold. They seem like they can control it.

IMO the Other protected him from the cold. They seem like they can control it.

Yep as scathing as I've been about the episode to have a scene with wights and go on about the baby dying of cold seems odd,maybe craster would have had the babes wrapped up more but it is fantasy after all.

I think Jon might have put him in a cage for the night so he wouldn't be tempted to eat all Craster's pigs in the night. I'm worried about Ghost because I didn't actually see any sign of them giving him any food or water. How long has it been since Jon or Sam were there?

They are probably keeping Ghost as a kind of watchdog. He'll make noise if someone's out there he doesn't know, which is helpful for them for now. And then he'll starve and they won't have to worry about him. They're creeps and I hope he eats them all.

It can't have been Jon. Ghost went with him when he went ranging with Qhorin. He ran off in the middle of their expedition which caused Qhorin to start with that weird speech about Wild Things and the like.

Archived