[spoilers] Nitpicking with Impunity

Nami

Meereen:

Even if that's how it's written in the books, the whole thing felt so easy when seen on screen.These cities have been around for thousands of years and it's that easy to invade them?

"Kill the masters" looked super dumb. All I could think of was "Life of Brian"

Dany on top of the pyramid looked really cheap.

King's Landing:

I find AG atrocious usually but he was alright last night. Almost S1-level (but then again, that's not saying much)

QoT: good riddance, her lines are about as subtle as Littlefinger's voice.

Jaime/Cersei: well we expected that from the whole "it was consensual" nonsense but Jaime being back to being a super nice guy felt especially jarring.

Tyrion bores me.

Wall/North

The guys at Craster's Keep are just painful to watch. How one-dimensionally evil can they be? Drinking out of Mormont's skull? Oh and let's throw in another rape scene for good measure, can never have enough of those eh?

Direwolves getting captured. Dumb.

Jon Snow's face.

The long horse ride leading up to the final scene looked absolutely fantastic but the Night King's [sic] looked like Picolo in Dragonball Evolution.

Also, WHERE IS VARYS?

So you basically don't like the show.

a growing Bran somehow acquiring "highborn leather" in his size along the way to the Wall. I wouldn't have even noticed it if Burn/Karl hadn't stupidly outed Bran for being highborn...based on that. Such a silly thing, I know, but there is no way Bran could have gotten his measurements made for highborn leather after he left Winterfell.

The same thing has kind of bugged me about Arya too. She's still in the same clothes from S2.

Ugh, please can we at least have some realistic fashion changes for the young actors?

So you basically don't like the show.

Yet they keep watching. And i keep laughing.

a growing Bran somehow acquiring "highborn leather" in his size along the way to the Wall. I wouldn't have even noticed it if Burn/Karl hadn't stupidly outed Bran for being highborn...based on that. Such a silly thing, I know, but there is no way Bran could have gotten his measurements made for highborn leather after he left Winterfell.

The same thing has kind of bugged me about Arya too. She's still in the same clothes from S2.

Ugh, please can we at least have some realistic fashion changes for the young actors?

Ahaaha. Im actually getting tired of seeing Dany in the same outfit to be honest. Hopefully next week (if shes featured), she gets a change of clothes. Arya's clothes make sense though. She seriously didnt change them until like...she gets to Braavos or something. Ok i think she changes them when at Acorn Hall but i think she changes back into the old clothes after that.

As for Bran, maybe Meera had some packed away? /shrug

Bran not just warging one of the mutineers

No way he could accomplish that at this point. Bran was only able to take over Hodor because what's going on in his brain is like the game Pong.

Varamyr couldn't get control of Thistle and he was a lot more experienced at warging.

Ghost isnt silent in the show. That was established in season 1.

I think it was in the DVD commentaries, already in season one, they made Ghost vocal because it works better on TV. The CGI wolf wouldn't look as menacing without sound.. or something like that. A shame for Ghost, but true because a lot of the effects depend on sound.

I can understand if they have to make Ghost growl from time to time, to look, well, scarry (however, I think a silent/quite threat is sometimes more frightening, see Roose Bolton). It's also OK, if Ghost howls in Jon's dream BECAUSE he is warged by Jon at that time. I think the only reason Ghost is normally silent in the books is to indicate for the readers/characters when Jon is warging him (probably after his "death").

But in this scene there was no definite reason for Ghost to howl. Not a single one.

The fact that Craster's Keep is only 60 miles from Castle Black. That's only 2 days ride/3-4 days march!!! The Night Watch is really a bunch of wussies. Weren't they all completely exhausted and needed a few days rest once they reached the Keep at the beginning of ACoK.

Also Bran's wig :stunned:

Exactly, Jon has been back for weeks, long enough for him to heal from his wounds. In that time Bran and his crew have only gone 60 miles!

Exactly, Jon has been back for weeks, long enough for him to heal from his wounds. In that time Bran and his crew have only gone 60 miles!

Well, to be fair: Bran has to be carried, Jojen is sick, we don't know how far is Craster's Keep from wherever Bran and co crossed the Wal, and it is not as if they have a GPS and follow a direct line. And they may had some weather days when they just stayed in camp.

Anyway, I still find it odd that Craster's would be that close to Castle Black.

The worst part of this ep was the "Kill the Masters" thing. I also wish the white walkers were a bit scarier or something.

I actually prefer GRRM's rendition of the whitewalkers, where he describes them as being beautiful. I think, giving what we know about them, THAT would make them even more creepier. The show turned them into ugly things.

Not sure if someone pointed this out already but anyone notice in the Meereen scene, the Great Master had two guards with him and then when he saw the slaves coming after him all of a sudden the guards disappeared?

I haven't noticed but my guess would be that the gurads are slaves themselves so they joined the mutineers.

Not sure if someone pointed this out already but anyone notice in the Meereen scene, the Great Master had two guards with him and then when he saw the slaves coming after him all of a sudden the guards disappeared?

They ran away. You could see them press themselves against the wall and slip away just as the slaves swarmed the master.

I couldn't stand how between a direwolf, a greenseer, a warg and a skilled huntress, not one of them could figure out how close they were to Craster's, Ghost and a White Walker. I mean, really, how did Summer not know that Ghost was right there?

And the Kill the masters. I know it's been mentioned a hundred times before, but how are illiterate slaves who barely speak the common tongue going to write that? Even Grey Worm needed reading lessons.

And the baby. So would have frozen to death before the White Walker ever so leisurely strolled into Ice Henge.

I couldn't stand how between a direwolf, a greenseer, a warg and a skilled huntress, not one of them could figure out how close they were to Craster's, Ghost and a White Walker. I mean, really, how did Summer not know that Ghost was right there?

And the Kill the masters. I know it's been mentioned a hundred times before, but how are illiterate slaves who barely speak the common tongue going to write that? Even Grey Worm needed reading lessons.

And the baby. So would have frozen to death before the White Walker ever so leisurely strolled into Ice Henge.

Re Ice Henge did anyone see the interview with the creator of this on Throne Cast,turns out its the same dude that created supermans place,take a look again and you'll see the connection,I thought it was quite poor.

Don't like what they've done with Jamie,one minute he's in rape mode and the next he's like Bamby,in the books there's an obvious change in Jamie but at no point would one call him nice as such,I hope they don't skip the Edmure scene though nothing would surprise be now.

Archived