New Series High

Westeros

Last night’s episode, “Oathkeeper”, now takes its place as the highest-rated episode of the series to date, with a tremendous 6.9 rating according to HBO, as reported by EW’s James Hibberd. The premiere and the third episode each tied for the previous highest mark, of 6.6 million viewers, so that’s approximately a 5% increase. Hibberd also adds that across three viewings, the episode reached the 8.4 million mark viewing it on the day.

Visit the Site!

Very interesting. Could the fall out from the Cersei and Jaime scene really be that big a deal to viewers? It seems like it, as there was no other compelling cliffhanger from the previous episode.

I came here expecting a spinoff: Westeros High, a new show that sets your favorite GOT characters as high school kids, coming this fall to the CW

There was a written version of this up a while back type it into the search bar and you should find it

On topic very impressive stuff indeed is a 7.5-8 million high a possibility by the end?

There was a written version of this up a while back type it into the search bar and you should find it

On topic very impressive stuff indeed is a 7.5-8 million high a possibility by the end?

I could see that. If HBO was also willing to remove the cable pay-wall and have a more Netflix-ish model for HBOGO, I could see those numbers almost doubling. Wishful thinking though...

I came here expecting a spinoff: Westeros High, a new show that sets your favorite GOT characters as high school kids, coming this fall to the CW

That's pretty awesome. Now that you mention it everyone in the story seems to have a perfect high school stereotype to step into.

I could see that. If HBO was also willing to remove the cable pay-wall and have a more Netflix-ish model for HBOGO, I could see those numbers almost doubling. Wishful thinking though...

HBO should at the very least put the first 2 seasons on Netflix. Allow people who haven't watched the series to get into it. Hook em on it. And probably get more subscriptions that way.

Which specifically excludes Game of Thrones.

Damn. But I think I'm ok with this. I want 8 seasons (which I think is almost all but guaranteed). But the ratings are more than good enough to keep it around, and if they can get lots of dvd sales then that gets a chance for a bigger budget for the winds and dream seasons which seem like they might have lots of expensive battles.

I'm not going to lie, it would be pretty disturbing if the last few eps only get a 6.8 and the rape controversy goes down in history as giving GOT its highest ratings ever.

Hopefully future seasons will go even higher but you never know.

Don't we get information on last night's ratings, today?

The ratings have been posted a few minutes ago. Game of Thrones topped the 7 million mark for the first time with 7,16 million viewers. The second airing reached another 1,23 million.

Juggernaut!

As soon as we got the premiere numbers I thought it was clear the series would hit 7 million by the midpoint. I'm not sure why anyone thought it still might be overly optimistic for the end of the season. I stand by my prediction that it'll top 7.5 million this season.

Incredible news. I remember how excited we were when the series first topped a mere 3 million viewers. It's now legitimately one of the most watched shows in HBO history.

Not sure which is the clearer indication of the show's smashing success, these ratings numbers or the fact that President Obama made an Iron Throne joke. :lol:

Archived