(Book Spoilers) Jon Snow's Ability

TheNorth's1stKnight

Might be they first want to establish it further. So far it's sort of thought to be a special ability for Bran, but maybe Bran at some point will learn that this is something that has to do with his heritage and once they have established this as the cause of the ability you see it coming up also in the other Starks. I think it might be an easier transition for the viewers and Jon could for example learn it from wildlings once he is in contact with them again or when he really has the "need" for it.

Same for Arya, she might just notice her ability when she is somehow under pressure to use it.

Might be they first want to establish it further. So far it's sort of thought to be a special ability for Bran, but maybe Bran at some point will learn that this is something that has to do with his heritage and once they have established this as the cause of the ability you see it coming up also in the other Starks. I think it might be an easier transition for the viewers and Jon could for example learn it from wildlings once he is in contact with them again or when he really has the "need" for it.

Same for Arya, she might just notice her ability when she is somehow under pressure to use it.

Possibly next season? After chilling with Bloodraven and the CotF for awhile the topic could come up and then we slowly start to see the impact on Jon and Arya

Possibly next season? After chilling with Bloodraven and the CotF for awhile the topic could come up and then we slowly start to see the impact on Jon and Arya

I'm bad at guessing the timing, but I think it makes sense. Jon can learn it from the wildlings when they start to be around and Arya will discover it in Bravoos once she is alone and needs "support" in some way.

Just from the "flow" it seems to make sense to me. Warging is not that new but it's pretty specific for Bran at the moment and he is also the only one that really "needs" it for his story right now. So I think it sort of does make sense to make people more and more used to warging, the rules and possibilities of it and then at some point it's revealed why Bran can do it (because he is a Stark) and I think then it will be easier to introduce it to the other storylines without explaining much where it comes from and how it works.

What got me in this episode was how the hell did those NW mutineers catch a Ghost, and why would they give a dam about a Direwolf? Does it feed them?No!Does it protect them? No, difficult to protect anyone in a cage. However I dont think we are going to see Jon ever have warging abilities, unless he does warg into Ghost. But I think that may confuse the unsullied as look he havnt seen Arya warg at all in the series, cause then they will say why cant Sansa warg into animals. So think they will make only Bran have 'magical abilities' from the Starks

Same way they caught Summer- in a trap. They may not be ordinary wolves, but they aren't immune to capture, injury or death. I wondered why the mutineers would even keep him alive, but there are several good reasons to keep Ghost alive.

1. Hostage - they know that he's Jon's wolf and how much he cares about Ghost, so he makes a good hostage

2. Alarm - Ghost can warn them when enemies are coming (yes, I know he's mute in the book, but he's not in the show)

3. Food - sort of a 'last resort' sort of thing, but they'll run out of food eventually and it's better to keep him alive until then

I think Jon will accidentally warg and he'll hate it and it will freak him out but it won't be a major part of his story on the show. I hope it happens in the next episode during the Craster's scene.

I agree I sort of feel like it's being set up for this next episode with both of them there and both wolves.but could be too early.

Also someone pointed out in the " who wants bran and jon to meet" thread that jojen & meera are with bran so if R+L=j holds any truth can't really even see them crossing paths with jon and not saying anything. So maybe jon will have just missed bran.

When they were reunited in the book, almost as soon as Jon passed under the wall his connection to Ghost was reestablished. Maybe the next episode can open with that. He walks through the gate, has a brief dizzyspell/eye roll and a glimpse through Ghosts eyes. not much, just enough to see that he's in a cage and with Summer.. then Jon re-awakens with a new sense of urgency to get to Craster's... *shrug* at least that's how I'd write it.

I agree though, it makes almost no sense for the mutineers to keep ghost around. I chalk that one up to TV drama.

edit: oh ya, and coldhands shows up, kills everyone and frees bran and co. so that Jon and Bran never actually meet.

2 scenarios...

Either the writers needed the mutineers to have ghost locked up, to give summer a reason to not be around when bran & co were captured

Or!

They need jon,bran,summer & ghost all in the same place to set up for some warging...or even if no jon warging into ghost takes place maybe ghost is going to still save jon at some point.

And BTW, Ghost is not mute in the books, he is just quiet. He does specifically growl and bark at times.

in the books when they first found the dire wolf pups only jon snow could hear ghost even tho there was a whole group around ,Thought that was interesting. I think that jon was the first to be "magically connected" with his wolf and that's how he heard him and the others didn't. I'll take your word for it that he barks and growls other times but is it from Jon's perspective or someone else's?

2 scenarios...

Either the writers needed the mutineers to have ghost locked up, to give summer a reason to not be around when bran & co were captured

Or!

They need jon,bran,summer & ghost all in the same place to set up for some warging...or even if no jon warging into ghost takes place maybe ghost is going to still save jon at some point.

Bran warging into Summer, which then is revealed to Jon who wargs into Ghost would be pretty epic for the coming Craster fight scene I have to admit. I don't think it's going to happen (at least not Jon into Ghost) but we'll see I guess.

I guess I never really felt like Jon's ability to warg into Ghost was as important in the books as Bran's ability was. For Jon it seemed like a side thing he denied and maybe that itself was important for some of his character development much later after the ending we're left with in the last book.

Bran warging into Summer, which then is revealed to Jon who wargs into Ghost would be pretty epic for the coming Craster fight scene I have to admit. I don't think it's going to happen (at least not Jon into Ghost) but we'll see I guess.

I guess I never really felt like Jon's ability to warg into Ghost was as important in the books as Bran's ability was. For Jon it seemed like a side thing he denied and maybe that itself was important for some of his character development much later after the ending we're left with in the last book.

Lol I'll be honest most of me wanting to see jon warg in the show comes from me personally just wanting to witness unsullied reactions. I have a couple of moments like this the other being when stannis reaches the wall and when lady stoneheart is revealed. Lol I'm counting in it being epic lol

Also someone pointed out in the " who wants bran and jon to meet" thread that jojen & meera are with bran so if R+L=j holds any truth can't really even see them crossing paths with jon and not saying anything. So maybe jon will have just missed bran.

Just because their father would know doesn't mean they would. It's a pretty big deal. Ned never even told Jon, so it's not hard to imagine it's less important in the Reed family.

Just because their father would know doesn't mean they would. It's a pretty big deal. Ned never even told Jon, so it's not hard to imagine it's less important in the Reed family.

Even if Howland does know I doubt he would tell Jojen because of the repercussions that come with a surprise Targ. However, Jojen see's a lot through his green dreams and has explicitly stated that he has seen some of Roberts Rebellion as well, so it's no where near out of the realm out possibility that he is aware of R+L=J

I agree though, it makes almost no sense for the mutineers to keep ghost around. I chalk that one up to TV drama.

1. Hostage - they know that he's Jon's wolf and how much he cares about Ghost, so he makes a good hostage

2. Alarm - Ghost can warn them when enemies are coming (yes, I know he's mute in the book, but he's not in the show)

3. Food - sort of a 'last resort' sort of thing, but they'll run out of food eventually and it's better to keep him alive until then

I think, out of the remaining Stark children with surviving wolves, Nymeria is the least likely to be warged on a regular basis. Arya shoo'ed her away to protect her. She has now established herself as the matriarchal head of her own wolf pack, tearing up the Riverlands. She, of all the wolves, will remain mostly an individual.

Archived