(Book Spoilers) Jon Snow's Ability

TheNorth's1stKnight

I just posted something like this. I'm sad to say that though I'm really really really hoping they will show jon and aryas warging abilities I don't think they will, they may just keep that for bran also I read a post on here a couple days ago about someone seen in a interview that it's been cut...which will really suck!

I just posted something like this. I'm sad to say that though I'm really really really hoping they will show jon and aryas warging abilities I don't think they will, they may just keep that for bran also I read a post on here a couple days ago about someone seen in a interview that it's been cut...which will really suck!

...it seems pretty important that Jon gain the ability to warg in the stories. I don't see how they can cut it. Is there a source?

To me, Bran being so near to Jon seems the perfect opportunity to awaken that ability, but we will see.

...it seems pretty important that Jon gain the ability to warg in the stories. I don't see how they can cut it. Is there a source?

To me, Bran being so near to Jon seems the perfect opportunity to awaken that ability, but we will see.

They've been distancing Jon from Ghost since last season. While he's with the Wildlings Ghost is nowhere to be seen and not until this season do we even find out that Ghost is 'imprisoned' all this time at Craster's (which to me seems stupid). In the books Jon has a very close bond with Ghost (as did most all of the children to their wolves) - seems pretty lame they've not even mentioned Ghost all this time or had Jon think about or mention him. This distance, to me, shouts loud and clear there's no warging bond between them, not even in dreams.

In the books Jon was the one most often denying his warg abilities even when Sixskin tells him to his face what he is.

I don't know why they want to drop it for Arya and Jon - it really helped define their "Stark side" whereas Sansa and Robb seemed so much more Tully and less warg-like.

I can't remember where I read it but I believe it was in the breaker if chains thread. BUT I said the same thing as you I'm hoping that jon somehow wargs soon even next episode lol. Like jon gets knocked out or injured in battle then somehow wargs into ghost to save his own life lol idk I just really hope they don't cut it, because that would suck.

They've been distancing Jon from Ghost since last season. While he's with the Wildlings Ghost is nowhere to be seen and not until this season do we even find out that Ghost is 'imprisoned' all this time at Craster's (which to me seems stupid). In the books Jon has a very close bond with Ghost (as did most all of the children to their wolves) - seems pretty lame they've not even mentioned Ghost all this time or had Jon think about or mention him. This distance, to me, shouts loud and clear there's no warging bond between them, not even in dreams.

In the books Jon was the one most often denying his warg abilities even when Sixskin tells him to his face what he is.

I don't know why they want to drop it for Arya and Jon - it really helped define their "Stark side" whereas Sansa and Robb seemed so much more Tully and less warg-like.

Yea exactly, I was thinking maybe D&D feels like it would be to much "magic" going on or whatever but they haven't hinted at it, he hasn't had any dreams or nothing, like WHY would they not include jon and aryas warging abilities? I believe aryas may be important down the road.

I can't remember where I read it but I believe it was in the breaker if chains thread. BUT I said the same thing as you I'm hoping that jon somehow wargs soon even next episode lol. Like jon gets knocked out or injured in battle then somehow wargs into ghost to save his own life lol idk I just really hope they don't cut it, because that would suck.

I'll believe it when I see it. Even in the books, Jon doesn't gain the ability to warg until Bran 'opens his eyes' so to speak. That's why it seems like such a prime opportunity in the show with everyone together in the same place (and the wolves, too).

Yea exactly, I was thinking maybe D&D feels like it would be to much "magic" going on or whatever but they haven't hinted at it, he hasn't had any dreams or nothing, like WHY would they not include jon and aryas warging abilities? I believe aryas may be important down the road.

Well yeah - imagine a trained assassin who can also warg. Wow. ;)

I'll believe it when I see it. Even in the books, Jon doesn't gain the ability to warg until Bran 'opens his eyes' so to speak. That's why it seems like such a prime opportunity in the show with everyone together in the same place (and the wolves, too).

That's makes sense. Hope I'm not getting my hopes up or ahead of myself. Lol but yea I can see that happening BUT I can also see D&D letting me down or even saving it for down the road when he dies. I'm just being impatient i guess.

That's makes sense. Hope I'm not getting my hopes up it ahead if myself. Lol but yea I can see that happening BUT I can also see D&D letting me down or even saving it for down the road when he dies. I'm just being impatient i guess.

I think we're all impatient to a degree XD I know I was upset that they didn't kill Joffrey last season...but when it came so early this season, I was so, so happy. I feel the same about Jon and all of his story, too...I can't wait to see his rise to leadership and ultimate betrayal (and whatever comes after that, if anything), and the suspense just kills me sometimes, lol.

I understand there is a cost of doing the CG for the wolves and that is a reason they are not around alot but a simply line of "Oh I wonder what Ghost is up too" or something like that wouldn't cost anything. Jon just doesn't seem to notice or care about Ghost

Not only that but it is extremely relevant to their character arcs and not just their personalities. Arya constantly seeing through Nymerias eyes in Braavos is important during her FM training. With the exception of Needle and her hit list, Nymeria is the only connection to her past and her identity as a Stark. Because of these things she can't commit herself completely to the Faceless Men.

But also I can see them not including Jon's warging because of what another poster said. Browsing through some of the Unsullied forums and the comments on some other internet articles, there were many Unsullied who became annoyed at the Oathbreaker episode with baby-turned-icicle simply because there was too much magic. A lot of these people watched GoT for the political drama and are testy at the use of "funky fantasy voodoo". But hello, you should have known there was magic the moment dragons were mentioned. But that could possibly be a reason D&D havent branched out into the other Starks warging abilities: they are trying to retain Unsullied viewers and focus on the politics

Not only that but it is extremely relevant to their character arcs and not just their personalities. Arya constantly seeing through Nymerias eyes in Braavos is important during her FM training. With the exception of Needle and her hit list, Nymeria is the only connection to her past and her identity as a Stark. Because of these things she can't commit herself completely to the Faceless Men.

But also I can see them not including Jon's warging because of what another poster said. Browsing through some of the Unsullied forums and the comments on some other internet articles, there were many Unsullied who became annoyed at the Oathbreaker episode with baby-turned-icicle simply because there was too much magic. A lot of these people watched GoT for the political drama and are testy at the use of "funky fantasy voodoo". But hello, you should have known there was magic the moment dragons were mentioned. But that could possibly be a reason D&D havent branched out into the other Starks warging abilities: they are trying to retain Unsullied viewers and focus on the politics

I think it's one of those things that you don't introduce until it becomes necessary to the plot. It hasn't been necessary to the plot yet for Jon OR Arya. It's not so much about magic, it's about keeping the story as simple and streamlined as possible. There's only an hour to tell several different concurrent stories, and if you try to push too much too soon, you drive viewers away. Arya's not even left for Braavos yet, and Jon's warging abilities were not even important until he became LC in the books, so I don't think there's any rush.

They could introduce Jon's ability to warg Ghost this season. The situation is actually set up for it. Ghost imprisoned and Summer there and Bran. Jon needs a little poke in the Third Eye and BAMMO.

So who knows! Maybe thats how Ghost gets out of the cage for all we know. Its gotta come up eventually cuz its a pretty big part of Jon's story.

I think it's one of those things that you don't introduce until it becomes necessary to the plot. It hasn't been necessary to the plot yet for Jon OR Arya. It's not so much about magic, it's about keeping the story as simple and streamlined as possible. There's only an hour to tell several different concurrent stories, and if you try to push too much too soon, you drive viewers away. Arya's not even left for Braavos yet, and Jon's warging abilities were not even important until he became LC in the books, so I don't think there's any rush.

:agree: Bless you. This line of thought seems to be something many book readers who watch the show seem to ignore. Sort of like the Blackfish in my opinion. Everybody was all in a rage when he wasn't cast in Season 1, but at that time he wasn't extremely necessary and there were other characters and plotlines that needed to be fleshed out first. Just because something doesn't happen right away in the show does not mean that D&D forgot or chose to ignore it, it could simply mean that with a limited budget and time-frame one has to make priorities for the story as a whole

While I think that it sucks that they won't be showing their warging abilities or the dreams, I feel that it makes sense for the show. They already have so much information and character building that they have to portray within a small amount of time, that including something that isn't a major plot point in the books is just too much. I have some friend who haven't read the books and after each episode they have to ask me to clarify some stuff because the tv show moves so quickly. They could understand it if they re-watched the episodes but 'aint nobody gto time for dat!'

I often thought the same...they want this to just be Bran's special skill. Makes me disappointed, but what can you do?

What got me in this episode was how the hell did those NW mutineers catch a Ghost, and why would they give a dam about a Direwolf? Does it feed them?No!Does it protect them? No, difficult to protect anyone in a cage. However I dont think we are going to see Jon ever have warging abilities, unless he does warg into Ghost. But I think that may confuse the unsullied as look he havnt seen Arya warg at all in the series, cause then they will say why cant Sansa warg into animals. So think they will make only Bran have 'magical abilities' from the Starks

Archived