[Spoilers] Lady Stoneheart

Kaspiro

In some tabloid "Game of Thrones Spoilers" video on Youtube they interviewed the actors asking for hints on what's to come. They were asked questions about the series and while the actors tried to make it sound like they were just guessing (except for Tywin, he straight up spoiled his death and laughed) it's pretty obvious as a book reader that they're just telling the future.

Notably, when asked "If you could bring any character back to life, who would it be?" With a smile, every single one of them said "Catelyn." Haha, as if. They clearly know.

Yeah filming her scene would be on the downest of lows and probably would only need her for the reveal of her face as they could use a body double with a hood up for the rest. She'll most definitely be one of the last scenes in the finale if not the last scene.

Until recently, I've been very unsure about Stoneheart's appearance on the show. In the early days, I assumed she wouldn't be used because of the large of amount of unused book material at the time. However, the show is clearly running full speed ahead at this point, and I have no idea what the producers plan on doing with Jaime and Brienne moving forward. It seems as if their only two options are either a big deviation from the books, or have Brienne meet Stoneheart quite soon. I feel like the show has some potential to make those interactions a bit more epic than they were in the books too. (i'm referring to the fact that we barely ever see Stoneheart in the books in the first place). My only worry is that we have yet to see nor hear anything regarding The Brotherhood without Banners this season. If we ever get a pov scene from Beric and Thoros in the show, that confirms Stoneheart in my eyes.

They made at least two mentions of Catelyn Stark the last episode. One in particular where Jaime points out that she's dead.

That seems like a future set up

This. Think about how many mentions of the Iron Bank we got before Davos's light bulb moment to write to them last episode. They're purposely peppering in these mentions, just like they're subtly laying the groundwork for other reveals.

Well apparently Brienne bites someone's ear off so it would be fair to suggest that she will hook up with LS by the end of the season.

I'm more hopeful that the LS reveal is the hanging of a Merrett Frey. I'm not so sure they're giving up Brienne to a noose, yet. Or putting her that close to a noose?

I'm more hopeful that the LS reveal is the hanging of a Merrett Frey. I'm not so sure they're giving up Brienne to a noose, yet. Or putting her that close to a noose?

Personally, I think it would have had more of an impact if we got some mentions (from Tywin maybe) of certain Freys being hanged in the Riverlands and then in the final episode have Brienne come face-to-face with her.

And Sansa mentioned in the premiere that they slit her throat and tossed her in the river. Not sure why you would include that piece of information unless you were setting something up for later.

Yep. The moment this happened, Stoneheart's eventual appearance was confirmed in my eyes.

Personally, I think it would have had more of an impact if we got some mentions (from Tywin maybe) of certain Freys being hanged in the Riverlands and then in the final episode have Brienne come face-to-face with her.

That could work. One way or another, I hope they don't just jump straight to her scene with Brienne without first establishing how she and the BwB are hunting down RW conspirators.

I've always thought Stoneheart would be the last scene of Season 4 as the final WTF moment following a string of them (Moon door, RV vs Mountain, Tywin on the privy). It would blow people's minds if her face was simply the final shot of the season...it would also be the highlight of the series for the casual "twist-driven" fan, a group that will surely lose some interest following this insane season.

Archived