[Spoilers] Lady Stoneheart

Kaspiro

Maybe the last scene of one of the upcoming episodes: A POV of a direwolf coming up to a river and seeing Cat beneath the shallows, then turns around startled seeing a group of men (The Brotherhood) and runs away. Then cut to Arya opening her eyes.

Last episode, last scene, epilogue of ASoS or close.

I am really torn on what the best way to reveal her would be. On the one hand I think the final scene of the season should be BwB with a mysterious hooded person hanging Freys, and the very final shot being LS dropping the hood for the massive reveal. Tywin dying is huge and that story can take a large part of either ep9 or 10, but the Stoneheart reveal is the bigger lasting impact for a viewer I think. Brienne's final scene of this season should be narrowly escaping Biter and Rorge, then early next season the noose with LS.

However, for that to be the final shot, the viewer would be left in limbo on how it is that LS came to be for like 9 months. There would need to be mention of or a scene involving Beric using his last revival up on 'someone' beforehand, but then that would lesser the impact of the reveal considerably because i'm sure it would get figured out by the viewers.

As long as they spend about 8 - 10 minutes on the scene, they can include a small dialogue (spoken by Anguy, or Thoros of Myr, or anyone really) of how she came to be. It would be powerful, and it would be true to the book.

As long as they spend about 8 - 10 minutes on the scene, they can include a small dialogue (spoken by Anguy, or Thoros of Myr, or anyone really) of how she came to be. It would be powerful, and it would be true to the book.

Having thought of this a while, I don't think they'll end the season with the Brotherhood hanging Brienne. Rather, I think they'll end it with Brienne seeing Stoneheart for the first time, then cutting to black, which allows them to do the hanging scene next season, along with the accompanying exposition.

And I don't think they need to bother with explaining it this year. It's a significant WTF moment that should be enough to keep people speculating all through the summer. They can do the expository scene to open next season where they explain how she was brought back, although I expect most viewers would be smart enough to do the math given their familiarity with Thoros.

Wasn't it confirmed that Richard Dormer (Beric Dondarrion) is going to be in this season? So I feel like they're going to show us how she comes to be.

I don't think they'll show us, they'll probably just have Thoros explain in few lines, hopefully with 'she remembers' thrown in there.

Think you're right...turns out it I was wrong about Richard Dormer, but Philip McGinley (Anguy) deleted a tweet about filming S4, so I think he and Thoros were the ones confirmed.

She bites off Vargo Hoat's ear, he was replaced with Locke, who is now at the wall so that wont happen.

Its to soon for Brienne to run into her. I suspect, the reveal will be the last scene of S4 after Stannis rides in.

We cut to a row of bodies hanging from a tree with Frey or Bolton signias on their chests. Brotherhood Without Banners standing around chanting/yelling something about the north and then as the camera pans out we see Cat Stark from behind. She turns around, screams and Lady Stoneheart.

This lays the foundation for next season where the North remembers.

Gwendoline Christie (Brienne) has stated that she bites off someone's ear this season. It's also worth saying that the same interview (which I presume was on set), was filmed where they film the Riverlands scenes so she definitely gets some scenes in the Riverlands this season which leads to the ear biting scene which ultimately results in her hooking up with LS. Who's ear does she bite off? Maybe just a random soldier, maybe not.

I have a feeling that Tywin dies in 9th episode. Mountain vs. Viper duel is in 8th episode according to the episode name, so i don't think they delay the father-son talk to the last episode because it happens before next morning.

i could see that as the ending for episode 9 then. if MtVsV is 8, how much longer would they wait before you see varys do his thing.

but 10... 10 is for The Lady.

I wonder how theyre going to make her up. Im so fuckign excited for this. Id assume she wont have the clawmarks running down her cheeks, as she didnt go batshit crazy before getting her throat cut like in the books.

Gwendoline Christie (Brienne) has stated that she bites off someone's ear this season. It's also worth saying that the same interview (which I presume was on set), was filmed where they film the Riverlands scenes so she definitely gets some scenes in the Riverlands this season which leads to the ear biting scene which ultimately results in her hooking up with LS. Who's ear does she bite off? Maybe just a random soldier, maybe not.

Oh thats interesting then, havent seen that interview. Wonder who she needs to maim this season then.

Oh thats interesting then, havent seen that interview. Wonder who she needs to maim this season then.

Biter, he straddles her before a sword impales him throught he back fo the head. She may get a bite in, before he overtakes her.

9 will contain Tywin's demise don't you think?

Doubt it :/ Episode 9 should deal solely with the Wall, and if it doesn't only minor-ish things should be included. Cuz if they offed Tywin in the beginning of the episode, audiences would be too caught up in that to focus on the stuff going down at the Wall, and if they ended with offing Tywin, it would draw too much attention away from what just happened with Stannis' rescue etc etc

This was in the 15 minute foreshadowing video they posted a month before the season started. They also asked her what she misses from season 3 and she said Richard Madden, Oona Chaplin, and Lady Catelyn. I found it odd that she said the two actors and then a character, as if the actress was still around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5iS3tULXMQ

I think episode 10 will just be jammed pack full of stuff, because my theory is that episode 9 is going to pretty much only be the Wall.

I agree they compared ep. 9 to the Blackwater episode several times in the preview interviews. They even specifically hired the same director because they loved how the Blackwater looked so well.

Doubt it :/ Episode 9 should deal solely with the Wall, and if it doesn't only minor-ish things should be included. Cuz if they offed Tywin in the beginning of the episode, audiences would be too caught up in that to focus on the stuff going down at the Wall, and if they ended with offing Tywin, it would draw too much attention away from what just happened with Stannis' rescue etc etc

All said, I would not be surprised if Lady Stoneheart does appear at the end of episode 9 after all. They could do a strong 3-5 minute scene at the very end of the episode without doing the hanging and not touch it again in episode 10. Wouldn't cut out too much time from the battle. Leave it as a cliffhanger. Just have her wake up get dragged out to face her accuser and when the veil falls and you can see who it is, leave it just long enough for recognition and cut to black.

Ep 10, is going to have Bran and BloodRaven, the aftermath at the wall, Tyrion's escape, Tywin's death, Cersei's reaction, Arya getting on the boat with the coin, Something with Ramsey/Reek, the Dornish leaving KL after the trial, and most importantly every season, EVERY season, ends with Dany. That is really packed in there.

Not particularly about this episode, but seeing this picture a few days ago on Winter is Coming brought Lady Stoneheart back to the front of my mind. Have there been any updates on whether she's been cast or not? Is this confirmation?

Cast? That's an odd question. She is Catelyn. They will use the same actress, plus some effects and makeup.

Archived