[Spoilers] Lady Stoneheart

Kaspiro

you are right her last POV was with LSH, but it was in AFfC...given the fact that they will not get to Dorne this season, this is only remaining part to show of hers...unless they buy more time by showing Ser Hugh and Randall Tarly and all of that travelling...then it is possible that they will push LSH to next season...but didnt they confirm that M Fairley shot one scene this season? It wouldnt make sense to show her with just BwB and no Brienne....

Why couldn't her one scene be the exact scene from the book? Shes with the BwB in that scene and she kills a frey which gives the viewers an idea of what her mission is. Leave the Brienne scene for next season where other AFFC material will be.

I don't know if Cat was resurrected for a specific reason, and it would be cool if it were the case, but even if it isn't I loved the Lady Stoneheart reveal, not just because it's a resurrection (which otherwise would suck, in a way) but because I see her as THE vengeful mother. You hurt my babies, I'll become your worse nightmare, I'll hunt you down, you, your family, and anyone closely or loosely associated to you. Love the concept. Tiger mommy gone real bad.

I guess I wasn't aware that Brienne definitely meets up with Rorge and Biter this season. Now it makes a little more sense to me why everyone is predicting her to meet with LS this early. However, I still would prefer that the Rorge and Biter scene occur later this season and then she doesn't meet with LS until early next season. I just really like the idea of ending the season just like the book with the big LS reveal and her hanging of a Frey.

On another note is there anyway Gendry gets recycled into the mix still, despite his deviation from the books? I really liked him saving Brienne by killing Biter.

I guess I wasn't aware that Brienne definitely meets up with Rorge and Biter this season. Now it makes a little more sense to me why everyone is predicting her to meet with LS this early. However, I still would prefer that the Rorge and Biter scene occur later this season and then she doesn't meet with LS until early next season. I just really like the idea of ending the season just like the book with the big LS reveal and her hanging of a Frey.

On another note is there anyway Gendry gets recycled into the mix still, despite his deviation from the books? I really liked him saving Brienne by killing Biter.

We don't definitely know Brienne meets up with Rorge and Biter, do we? It's been confirmed they're in this season, but I think it would make more sense for them to encounter Arya and The Hound, seeing as how there's actually some sort of connection there (Rorge and Biter being at Harrenhal with Arya). It could be how The Hound gets his "fatal" wound. But then that also the begs the question of whose ear Brienne bites off.

We don't definitely know Brienne meets up with Rorge and Biter, do we? It's been confirmed they're in this season, but I think it would make more sense for them to encounter Arya and The Hound, seeing as how there's actually some sort of connection there (Rorge and Biter being at Harrenhal with Arya). It could be how The Hound gets his "fatal" wound. But then that also the begs the question of whose ear Brienne bites off.

I'm not sure what we know. There were just several people on this thread talking about her meeting up with Rorge and Biter so I wasn't sure if they knew something I didn't. Is it confirmed then that she definitely bites someone's ear off?

Gwendoline Christie said she bites off someone's ear and spits it back in their face this season.

Gwendoline Christie said she bites off someone's ear and spits it back in their face this season.

If in this season, it was the last chapter of Brienne in the fourth volume, that will make the writers for the next season? GRRM said he wanted to include chapters for Brienne in the sixth novel, but it is not yet available. This becomes complicated.

I hope that we will see Lady Stoneheart, but with Gendry for example, but before his meeting with Brienne and his companions.

Thanks for this information Chebyshov :)

^^ very cool! i didn't think about that...though Thoros' flaming sword was just light coat of wildfire :( i remember the first time i read berric/hound fight i was convinced that Berric was Azor Ahai...then second reading i noticed the wildfire part...

still would be fascinating if Ice > Oathkeeper > Lightbringer! only question then is how to get it to Dany/Jon :dunno:

Well my theory is not that Oathkeeper, at least alone and in its current form is the new Lightbringer, but that the division of Ice was part of the process of forging it. But that is for a different thread.

For this thread I was responding more to people saying resurrecting Catelyn served no purpose in the books and they hope it gets cut. I think it does serve a purpose. She is part of a necessary chain of events related to the forging of the new Lightbringer.

There are divergent theories on how and which swords are involved of course. However the fact remains that Thoros was the first character of the books introduced with a flaming sword, and seems to have a bit of a fixation on flaming swords. It is pretty much his mission for R'hllor - to guide the process of creating the sword. Sure, his swords early in the books were a gimmick. He did use wildfire. But when he resurrected Beric, he passed on the flaming sword prophetic mission it seems, and Beric's sword really did burn more authentically. So that was the next step in the process.

Brienne's arrival with Oathkeeper is another step in some way, and without Catelyn's resurrection, Brienne would not have been captured by the Brotherhood. Oathkeeper itself may now be plunged into the heart of a Lion (Jamie) if you want to interpret it that way. But I think it is more likely that Jamie will live (or be resurrected) and will be tasked by Lady Stoneheart with retrieving Widow's Wail.

I don't understand what's all the fuss with Brienne biting someone's ear off. In the show this happens in Harrenhal, right? That ship has sailed, so they've clearly transposed that to a new situation. I can see why you would think of Biter, since he does bite HER cheek off in the show, but it's really just random guesswork, right? unless I missed something?

As far as Gendry is concerned, the way I see it, he could pop back up just about anywhere I guess. But if he's to join the brotherhood again to catch up with his book counterpart, I don't think he'd do it willingly (they sold him to Melisandre). It would have to be the consequence of a random encounter, so since I don't see D&D showing us the adventures of Gendry all on his own, he'd have to meet Brienne first. If that doesn't happen, it might be that D&D are going to do something completely invented for him, since I don't see them dropping off this character entirely after the way he was saved.

I don't understand what's all the fuss with Brienne biting someone's ear off. In the show this happens in Harrenhal, right? That ship has sailed, so they've clearly transposed that to a new situation. I can see why you would think of Biter, since he does bite HER cheek off in the show, but it's really just random guesswork, right? unless I missed something?

As far as Gendry is concerned, the way I see it, he could pop back up just about anywhere I guess. But if he's to join the brotherhood again to catch up with his book counterpart, I don't think he'd do it willingly (they sold him to Melisandre). It would have to be the consequence of a random encounter, so since I don't see D&D showing us the adventures of Gendry all on his own, he'd have to meet Brienne first. If that doesn't happen, it might be that D&D are going to do something completely invented for him, since I don't see them dropping off this character entirely after the way he was saved.

They might warp him into Edric Storm some more and have him wrapped into the Aegon storyline. One very likely theory going around is that Edric Storm is how Aegon manages to take Storm's End "by guile". So Gendy might encounter Varys in KL who will whisk him off to somewhere, to use again later in the Edric Storm plot line for the conquest of the Stormlands for Aegon.

That's interesting, though for now I can't imagine why Varys would want to send a Baratheon bastard to his Targaryen/Blackfyre protégé.

But I don't want to pollute this thread. Do you think you could point me to a thread that discusses this?

That's interesting, though for now I can't imagine why Varys would want to send a Baratheon bastard to his Targaryen/Blackfyre protégé.

But I don't want to pollute this thread. Do you think you could point me to a thread that discusses this?

To win the loyalty of the Stormlands of course! For Varys, bastards are much safer than legitimate children. And ones that look exactly like their dad are perfect for the job of bringing people onside.

Remember, Edric was almost burned. So Gendry as Edric in the show was also in danger of burning. He has no Stannis loyalty and the Stormlands will know Myrcella and Tommen are not Baratheons.

Don't you hate it when people don't bother to read earlier posts in the thread and assume the later posts are providing original information not mentioned before in the thread?

I'd say we need to hear about the Brotherhood hanging Freys sometimes this season. Brienne or Arya can even possibly hear that the Brotherhood got themselves a new leader, and who knows maybe a Lady Stoneheart namedrop.

Then last scene of the season: Frey about to be hanged, sees LS but we only sees her back, his eyes widen in horror/surprise and Thoros or Anguy casually explain, oh yeah, we found her in the river, Beric gave her the kiss of life, she can't speak, but she remembers, Frey hanged, LS drops the hood, big shock.

I can totally see that.

And I think it would be a mistake to have Brienne meet LS this season. Save that for the beginning of next season instead. I do believe we need to have faith in LS's vengeance and really root for her and expect great things before we realize she's wayyyy too vengeful and getting in the way of our other beloved characters.

This is really the only scenario I could imagine. That epilogue was the strongest chapter in my opinion and it'd be a shame to deviate too far from it.

The Red Wedding is still fresh in viewers' minds, as it was while reading A Storm of Swords and, if we want that GoT shock for the audience, I believe that's where we're gonna' get it.

All these suggestions of Brienne's hanging this season bewilders me. That would suggest we're skipping A Feast of Crows content in the series.

I understand abbreviating her story by introducing Pod to her from the start, but she has a journey to undertake before they're hanged.

What is indicating to me they'll have Brienne meet her is the amount of times she mentioned Catelyn and we were reminded of her oath to her. Also D&D were never fond of Cat so it makes sense to me they take away 'Holy shit she's back!' moment and turn it into 'oh no what will happen to poor Brienne?!' moment for the audience.

i was initially thinking along the same times, since last ep name is Children, clearly its going to be about Tyrion/Tywin, then most likely Dany locking up the dragons, or at least finding out drogon is killing children...and finally LSH and Brienne hanging with her screaming "arya!"...perfect cliffhanger, like the books

however, iv been going over the books again...Brienne has quite a bit of story line prior to meeting UnCat, but after, she only appears for one scene much further down the road while Jaime is bringing peace to the riverlands, where she whisks him away ...so showing her with UnCat now, would force D&D to cut out lot of her story, and then have very little to almost nothing next season...while i wud definitely love to see that cliffhanger this season i think it might end up differently...

rest of this season is going to be about Brienne's journey...

bonding with Pod,

training him,

finding Gendry,

Ser Hugh,

Randall Tarly,

more depth of her character and the reveal about the bet and all (or did that sort of happen when she was transporting Jaime?)

finally end with her fight with Biter where she bites off his ear and spits it back on his face. during that fight she gets pretty injured, almost like Tyrion at Blackwater, we'll be left wondering whether she will survive or not...

since M.Fairely confirmed to have shot a scene, it might actually be Bw/oB finding her body and berric giving her his gift, final moment could be - her eyes snap open which looks almost gray/blue like the wights and everyone is left "Holy shit! berric turned her into a wight south of the wall!" and go in to a frenzy over the possible implications of that...

or she gets up and has a Dany moment "WHERE ARE MY CHILDREN!!"

What's up with everyone bein all "Where's Lady Stoneheart? Is she even gonna be in the series?"

Its not time yet! She makes one appearance in the books, and they are obviously not there yet. What makes you think she would appear before she is written?

They will, though, probably show Beric offering his life to deadCat. Since Beric is cast in this season, I am assuming they will spoil the surprise with Beric doing that. I don't know though. I haven't seen the episode yet.

What's up with everyone bein all "Where's Lady Stoneheart? Is she even gonna be in the series?"

Its not time yet! She makes one appearance in the books, and they are obviously not there yet. What makes you think she would appear before she is written?

They will, though, probably show Beric offering his life to deadCat. Since Beric is cast in this season, I am assuming they will spoil the surprise with Beric doing that. I don't know though. I haven't seen the episode yet.

They do seem to have skipped Nymeria fishing her from the river. Which is sad.

But that should have happened three days after the red Wedding, and clearly we are long past that by now.

Archived