[Spoilers] Lady Stoneheart

Kaspiro

Well my theory is not that Oathkeeper, at least alone and in its current form is the new Lightbringer, but that the division of Ice was part of the process of forging it. But that is for a different thread.

For this thread I was responding more to people saying resurrecting Catelyn served no purpose in the books and they hope it gets cut. I think it does serve a purpose. She is part of a necessary chain of events related to the forging of the new Lightbringer.

There are divergent theories on how and which swords are involved of course. However the fact remains that Thoros was the first character of the books introduced with a flaming sword, and seems to have a bit of a fixation on flaming swords. It is pretty much his mission for R'hllor - to guide the process of creating the sword. Sure, his swords early in the books were a gimmick. He did use wildfire. But when he resurrected Beric, he passed on the flaming sword prophetic mission it seems, and Beric's sword really did burn more authentically. So that was the next step in the process.

Brienne's arrival with Oathkeeper is another step in some way, and without Catelyn's resurrection, Brienne would not have been captured by the Brotherhood. Oathkeeper itself may now be plunged into the heart of a Lion (Jamie) if you want to interpret it that way. But I think it is more likely that Jamie will live (or be resurrected) and will be tasked by Lady Stoneheart with retrieving Widow's Wail.

my friend, i swear you blow my mind! i will admit i have given very little thought to Bw/oB, UnCat and Berric and their stories in the big picture..but the idea of Oathkeeper being plunged in to Jaimes heart as a step further to creating Lightbringer is amazing! so by that thought, oathkeeper should somehow be destroyed or lost symbolically atleast and Widows's Wail might be the last step at becoming Lightbringer...there might be some who will say this theory is ludicrous, and it might very well not happen...buts its damn interesting to think about!

They do seem to have skipped Nymeria fishing her from the river. Which is sad.

But that should have happened three days after the red Wedding, and clearly we are long past that by now.

they have not shown Nymeria's exsistence since s01...98% of my unsullied friends think only Ghost and Summer are alive, and possibly Shaggydog....but they think "all the rest of the wolves are dead anyway"...because of the fact they havent shown Jon's or Arya's warging/dreams at all, most are under the impression that Bran is the only one with "super powers" which is what makes them sure that he will warg in to one of the dragons and control one of them...barely any of them have given any thought to how come only Bran has warging abilities...

of all the things cut from the show, Dany's prophecies at the House of the Undying and Jon and Arya's warging i feel are the most critical...im hopeful that D&D have discussed this with GRRM and come up with a plan on how to introduce this later in to the show...if not, im not sure how that would fit in with Arya's future story line at all...but i digress, probably for a different thread

my friend, i swear you blow my mind! i will admit i have given very little thought to Bw/oB, UnCat and Berric and their stories in the big picture..but the idea of Oathkeeper being plunged in to Jaimes heart as a step further to creating Lightbringer is amazing! so by that thought, oathkeeper should somehow be destroyed or lost symbolically atleast and Widows's Wail might be the last step at becoming Lightbringer...there might be some who will say this theory is ludicrous, and it might very well not happen...buts its damn interesting to think about!

Thank-you. I am glad you like it. We'll see if it's true in the end as with all theories. :D

Oathkeeper has it's own story though. I'd actually hate to see Oathkeeper become Lightbringer, believe it or not. Oathkeeper has it's own history, transformation, and future. I wouldn't soil it with religious fanaticism.

Let Oathkeeper be Oathkeeper.

Lion's Tooth, should become Lightbringer, when it's found by Elder Brother after washing down the river, and given to Sandor, as the gravedigger.

what future? what makes you think so?

As Ned Stark's blade, it's the deciding factor for Brienne and Pod to survive, not even Pod so much but Brienne. That's if Brienne lets The Lady know what Oathkeeper really is (i HAVE to believe it appears as a normal valyrian steel blade, and that The Lady wouldn't recognize it's new form unless Brienne told her, which she probably did).

Knowing The Lady, if i were her I'd want to place that blade with Eddard's remains. While she's so vengeful, part of me believes either she, or one of her men would travel to winterfell's crypts and leave the blade with Eddard's statue, but only, once Sansa has been saved.

Brienne has a lot of talking to do, and not a lot fo time to do it, it seems.

If you're insinuating Oathkeeper become Lightbringer to save Sansa, and then my theory of honoring Eddard's grave to come afterward with said blade, then by all means it suits both of our purposes. But Oathkeeper means so much more, than becoming just Azor Ahai reborn's sword. Lightbringer has it's own history, id hate to see Oathkeeper's get forgotten.

Think of the logistics -- Oathkeeper is made from Ice. Now while I acknowledge it becoming Lightbringer would make a flaming sword with Ice, and would typically make it the balance of Ice & fire, should it? When tales are told of the fabled Lightbringer, you don't think of Eddard's tragedy, the melting of his sword, and given a noble purpose, do you?

^^ im beginning to agree with you on all counts except one....oathkeeper cannot go to the crypts, if that was the case, it would have been with Rickard Stark or some other Stark ancestor...they only put bronze/steel swords down in the crypts with the dead starks...

following your logic, Oathkeeper should go to Rickon (as long as he survives) and given the kids history, he'll probably rename it to something silly...

do we know what happened to Widow's Wail? I doubt Tywin would allow a precious Lannister Valyrian steel sword to be buried...does it go to Tommen? Do you think Jaime's going to take it as the last Lannister male?

^^ im beginning to agree with you on all counts except one....oathkeeper cannot go to the crypts, if that was the case, it would have been with Rickard Stark or some other Stark ancestor...they only put bronze/steel swords down in the crypts with the dead starks...

following your logic, Oathkeeper should go to Rickon (as long as he survives) and given the kids history, he'll probably rename it to something silly...

do we know what happened to Widow's Wail? I doubt Tywin would allow a precious Lannister Valyrian steel sword to be buried...does it go to Tommen? Do you think Jaime's going to take it as the last Lannister male?

Youre actually right, be it iron, but your right. His ancestral blade would be passed, I'd think, not buried with him. He should be buried with iron.

I guess we're going to have to live with the lifelong tragic history behind the great valyrian ancestral Stark blade, StabbyStabStick

Youre actually right, be it iron, but your right. His ancestral blade would be passed, I'd think, not buried with him. He should be buried with iron.

I guess we're going to have to live with the lifelong tragic history behind the great valyrian ancestral Stark blade, StabbyStabStick

this is likely the reason Tywin decided to melt it down and reforge it so it doesn't keep reminding everyone of ned stark...

also hopefully the reason why GRRM chose to name it Oathkeeper, something positive...i see the potential for it saving some Stark's life, thereby redeeming some of its honor/glory and continuing to be passed down the Starks

this is likely the reason Tywin decided to melt it down and reforge it so it doesn't keep reminding everyone of ned stark...

also hopefully the reason why GRRM chose to name it Oathkeeper, something positive...i see the potential for it saving some Stark's life, thereby redeeming some of its honor/glory and continuing to be passed down the Starks

Also, the blade has a name already. Rickon may not rename the blade, if it has a name, already. If he received it from Tywin, we'd be looking at StabbyStabStick or SharpyOwchSword.

It's a hopeful name, it's a promise Brienne made to Jaime, with Catelyn in mind. The irony is that shes being held captive for the Oath she's attempting to keep. The oath says nothing about keeping Jaime alive.. Just rescuing Sansa. Not even Arya at this point, the oath was made to rescue Sansa with Arya presumed dead.

Also, the blade has a name already. Rickon may not rename the blade, if it has a name, already. If he received it from Tywin, we'd be looking at StabbyStabStick or SharpyOwchSword.

It's a hopeful name, it's a promise Brienne made to Jaime, with Catelyn in mind. The irony is that shes being held captive for the Oath she's attempting to keep. The oath says nothing about keeping Jaime alive.. Just rescuing Sansa. Not even Arya at this point, the oath was made to rescue Sansa with Arya presumed dead.

i always thought the oath brienne referred to while naming it was the one they swore Cat when she Jaime go...i think she mentioned Sansa is a must and Arya if possible...at that time I believe there was no news of Arya at all and Cat still hoped she was in KL just locked away by Cersei..

now to throw a wrench in to the works...is it mentioned anywhere that Lightbringer must be valyrian steel? or is that the assumption made since only dragonsteel affects them? If it doesn't have to be valyrian steel, then possibilities are limitless :eek:

i always thought the oath brienne referred to while naming it was the one they swore Cat when she Jaime go...i think she mentioned Sansa is a must and Arya if possible...at that time I believe there was no news of Arya at all and Cat still hoped she was in KL just locked away by Cersei..

now to throw a wrench in to the works...is it mentioned anywhere that Lightbringer must be valyrian steel? or is that the assumption made since only dragonsteel affects them? If it doesn't have to be valyrian steel, then possibilities are limitless :eek:

true, it's not specified in the wiki. it theoretically could be anything, id assume itd be valyrian steel, but your right, it's not specified otherwise.

With the next few Brienne scenes will have a better idea of whether LSH will actually make an appearance with Brienne this season...though more and more I think about it while they might reveal her this season, her scene with Brienne comes at the very end of book 4...makes sense they will focus the rest of the season on meereen, KL, Eyrie and ofcourse the Wall...

It will be very interesting to see how they advance the Dorne story line without leaving the other characters behind

With the next few Brienne scenes will have a better idea of whether LSH will actually make an appearance with Brienne this season...though more and more I think about it while they might reveal her this season, her scene with Brienne comes at the very end of book 4...makes sense they will focus the rest of the season on meereen, KL, Eyrie and ofcourse the Wall...

It will be very interesting to see how they advance the Dorne story line without leaving the other characters behind

Next season, i have to believe. Oberyn/Mountain has to happen first.

Im curious too, the hound is still alive and well, are they going to just skip quiet isle altogether? they could.. but that would totally negate the gravedigger controversy

Brienne will meet LS, but she will not be hanged. It will just be a mix of the Frey hanging scene and Brienne meeting her. Freys will probably already be hanged as Brienne approaches LS. Thoros introduces her (cut her throat but she remembers) then LS turns around, pulls down her hood, whammo. Look of shock on Brienne's face, look of stone cold fury on unCat's. Cut to black. Credits.

I haven't read the whole thread yet, so idk if this has been mentioned already. But in one of the interviews with the actress who plays Brienne (I'm having a brain fart, can't remember her name) is asked if about who'll she will miss. And if i remember correctly says she'll miss Richard and Catelyn. Not Michelle.

I haven't read the whole thread yet, so idk if this has been mentioned already. But in one of the interviews with the actress who plays Brienne (I'm having a brain fart, can't remember her name) is asked if about who'll she will miss. And if i remember correctly says she'll miss Richard and Catelyn. Not Michelle.

Yes it was mentioned but not really discussed, so no biggie :) I'm in love with your avatar btw

Yes it was mentioned but not really discussed, so no biggie :) I'm in love with your avatar btw

I feel like we are gonna get more than we expected this season, they practically promoed the crap out of Joffrey dying with those roast videos and tags. They've got something up their sleeves. [spoiler?] The Nights King thing caught me by surprise.

Lol thanks. Game of Desks is too hilarious. Medieval funtime land is way more funny though.

I feel like we are gonna get more than we expected this season, they practically promoed the crap out of Joffrey dying with those roast videos and tags. They've got something up their sleeves. [spoiler?] The Nights King thing caught me by surprise.

Lol thanks. Game of Desks is too hilarious. Medieval funtime land is way more funny though.

Medieval Funtime Land straight up makes me lose my shit, I get abs in under a minute from that gem. And the Nights King threw me for the biggest loop, its been days and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. I'm excited and reallyyyy hesitant for getting more than we expected this season though. It was exciting with the White Walker/Nights King ending we got, knowing that indeed book readers would be getting tidbits that turn us into Unsullied. Its exhilirating, for once, to not know what is coming around the corner

Archived