Any Owen Teale (Alliser Thorne) appreciation?

The actor's doing a very good job of being hate-able. The show doesn't get into the backstory of why he's so hateful, especially towards Jon (for being a Stark), which is a shame. But I think he might be one of those characters whose role on the show gets expanded compared to the books.

I've never been a huge fan of Ser Alliser in the books, but Teale's portrayal has been absolutely brilliant. I hope we get a couple more scenes this season that balance his asshole-itude with some humanizing. More moments where he and Jon are in agreement, for instance, while keeping up the antagonism Alliser is known for.

The actor's doing a very good job of being hate-able. The show doesn't get into the backstory of why he's so hateful, especially towards Jon (for being a Stark), which is a shame. But I think he might be one of those characters whose role on the show gets expanded compared to the books.

Even though they didn't give the backstory, I thought his speech about what happened to him when he was beyond the wall and what will happen to Jon and Sam when winter comes was brilliant and helped to give better insight into why he's the way he is with recruits, even if it's not an advisable strategy.

You have to feel sorry for the character. A Targ loyalist, who has lost everything. Then a stark comes to NW voluntarily. He is harsh on all new recruits but especially someone he pereceives as a spolit rich boy like jon.

Wonder what he will think if he ever finds out Jon is also a Targaryen.

Wonder what he will think if he ever finds out Jon is also a Targaryen.

And a legitimate Targaryen to boot! :drool:

I have to say I appreciate the way Neale makes Show!Thorne one magnificent son-of-a-bitch! Just the way the words "bastard" or "traitor's bastard" or "Lord Snow" roll off his tongue, dripping with contempt, is awesome. I do wish we could have seen Tyrion torment him while they were both at the Wall. I also would have loved to see Thorne in KL's presenting himself to Tyrion. It is kinda too bad that Thorne saw the inside of a black cell and Tyrion didn't see the hand moving in the jar for himself!

He's doing what Gleeson did to Joffrey. Making you almost hate the actor because he is portraying him so well. He's got the arrogant ass thing down perfectly, he doesn't say "Lord Snow" in a really snarky way but you can feel the contempt.

He's doing a great job. He's an asshole.

He appeared on a UK morning TV show today chatting about playing Dylan Thomas in Under Milk Wood, opening soon I think. He came across as a really nice guy. GoT was mentioned a few times in passing, and they asked if it had changed his life. He says if he gets noticed now in a pub because of the speed of Twitter he gets decended on by crowd of GoT fans within a heartbeat.

Never thought how ironic Throne's dislike of Jon would be if R plus L does in fact equal J

Archived