Should i read the book fast or slow?

Terent

So i started reading the first book and i just finished the first daenerys chapter and i was wondering if i should like read 9 or 10 or like a ton of chapters a day or should i take it slow?

Take it sloooooooooow. It look almost the month of July for me to finish all of AFFC and almost all of August to finish ADWD. Yet I savoured every bit of both. You will need the time for everything to digest so you don't accidentally forget or skip over some subtle info which could end up being important in the future. It's not a race :P. Just read at your normal pace, as I did here.

well , i think i read too slowly and i'm still reading it too slowly! I take long breaks , but i remember almost everything to be honest. Well , in fact i took me 1,5 week to read AGoT , 11 months to read AcoK , 3 months to read ASoS (and i read the 2nd half(blood and gold) in around two weeks though , best book i read in a while too) and now it's been more than 5 months and i'm in AFfC...I guess i'm taking my time...really! :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Read at a natural pace, whatever is your typical comfort level. I think most readers will gravitate to their natural speed anyway...now, if by fast or slow you mean wait and consider and ponder between chapters, maybe that's not a bad idea, rather than reading chapter after chapter, in super speed, so that you now have 4, 5 or 6 chapters to reflect upon during your non-reading time.

I'm on my first re-read right now, near the end of AGOT, and I'm only reading 1 to 2 chapters a days, give or take. And I'm reading them slower than the first time (slightly), so I only spend about 45 minutes a day to read. Then I can consider and ponder what I've read, compare it to what I knew or thought I knew about the first read, and then can come here and read people's opinions on things...etc.

Anyway, do whatever "feels" right to you!

Archived