The Other Revelation Part II: Ice Scream Edition

I just noticed Old Nan was full of shit:

They hunted the maids through the frozen forests, and fed their dead servants on the flesh of human children.

Well, no, they fucking turned them into Others!

I have a small theory. I think what we know about the Northern myths is inversed; that is, the Night's King was not a bad guy and the Last Hero was the true villain

We know that the Others never attacked Craster. Why? Because he gave them the babies as sacrifice (Didn't Doran Martell said something like princes are the coin they must pay, talking about giving Quentyn to pacify the Yronwoods? That could be a theme), and the show pretty much confirms this:

Edd: "All the other wildlings have gone. Craster's still here. He must be doing something right"

Well, what if the Night's King had to made whatever sacrifices and offerings he made at the Nightfort to keep the Others away from the Wall, like an obviously distasteful but necessary pact (Davos: "And I know a king protects his people or he is no king at all")?

And the Last Hero? Well, Nan says he went North with 12 companions to look for the Children, and then she's interrupted. Well, what if he found them? I still can't shake the feeling that the Children are the true evil. What if they somehow unleashed the Others on the realm and the Last Hero went to them, not the ask their help against the Others but to ask them to basically command the Others to stop or something?

And then there's something else: Aemon says "that ice preserves" and we kind of think it's a good thing because it gave him longevity, but there's another side to that coin. I think the Last Hero and his 12 companions became kind of corrupted by the Children, maybe asked for immortality of some kind and voila! Those were the 13 dudes in the episode

Also, about the Starks and all that: I think their superstition to place a sword in the tombs started as a custom related to the Others, since Valyrian Steel is effective against them the Starks of the Age of Heroes probably placed the swords to keep not the evil spirits at bay as the superstition goes, but the actual walking dead inside.

Re: Whitetree. There are burned bodies in the tree's mouth. We know that the Northerners used to offer bloody sacrifices to the trees as well. Craster's offerings are different: he gives the babies alive. I think that means that the Others are definetely not the Old Gods that the rest of the North seems to follow

There are bones in the weirwood tree....

not sheep's bones, it appears.

Did they place sacrifice in the weirwood tree?

That could be a link between the Children Of The First Men, and The Others. This would link the usage of weirwood to The Others.. eventually uniting Bloodraven down the line, who also appears to be undead, but aware. There's no blue to him though, no ice. Can targaryen blood counteract first men blood? Can targaryen blood...cure? First Men blood?

I don't think it matters that the boys are Craster's or not. I doubt Craster is the only one providing the WW with boys, willingly or not. The Others won't be running a DNA test. As much, they might need the blood of the First Men and the daughters are also wildlings and have Craster's blood, being his daughters.

Maybe not, but come on, the Others are totally keeping tabs on that place. They knew that girl was pregnant and there was one last Craster boy. An Other (Baby Buggy) was totally chillin' (hue) there the whole time scoping out and waiting for that kid to come. Craster himself likely made the pact but the Others expected the girls to uphold the vow as long as Craster's seed was happening. Cuz our pal Baby Buggy pretty much vacates the premises after he takes the baby. Its likely that the Others will not care too much about the highly unfortunate situation going on at the Keep cuz Craster's seed, therefore the oath, has depleted.

So even if there are babies as a result of the rapings, they arent a part of the oath, therefore not going to be come for. Unless, Baby Buggy lets Night's King know whats going on. I think a new oath would have to be crafted for the girls remaining at the Keep to stay safe.

Which bring us to...

The title of that episode is chilling.

I really didnt think about it until you pointed it out. BUT HOLY SHIT YER RIGHT!

Well, no, they fucking turned them into Others!

I have a small theory. I think what we know about the Northern myths is inversed; that is, the Night's King was not a bad guy and the Last Hero was the true villain

We know that the Others never attacked Craster. Why? Because he gave them the babies as sacrifice (Didn't Doran Martell said something like princes are the coin they must pay, talking about giving Quentyn to pacify the Yronwoods? That could be a theme), and the show pretty much confirms this:

Edd: "All the other wildlings have gone. Craster's still here. He must be doing something right"

Well, what if the Night's King had to made whatever sacrifices and offerings he made at the Nightfort to keep the Others away from the Wall, like an obviously distasteful but necessary pact (Davos: "And I know a king protects his people or he is no king at all")?

And the Last Hero? Well, Nan says he went North with 12 companions to look for the Children, and then she's interrupted. Well, what if he found them? I still can't shake the feeling that the Children are the true evil. What if they somehow unleashed the Others on the realm and the Last Hero went to them, not the ask their help against the Others but to ask them to basically command the Others to stop or something?

And then there's something else: Aemon says "that ice preserves" and we kind of think it's a good thing because it gave him longevity, but there's another side to that coin. I think the Last Hero and his 12 companions became kind of corrupted by the Children, maybe asked for immortality of some kind and voila! Those were the 13 dudes in the episode

Also, about the Starks and all that: I think their superstition to place a sword in the tombs started as a custom related to the Others, since Valyrian Steel is effective against them the Starks of the Age of Heroes probably placed the swords to keep not the evil spirits at bay as the superstition goes, but the actual walking dead inside.

Re: Whitetree. There are burned bodies in the tree's mouth. We know that the Northerners used to offer bloody sacrifices to the trees as well. Craster's offerings are different: he gives the babies alive. I think that means that the Others are definetely not the Old Gods that the rest of the North seems to follow

per: http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/First_Men

First Men, & The Children of The Forest, united to fight The Others. Ok, i get that.

Bran the Builder, a First Man, builds the wall.. Then Winterfell, claims himself King In The North. The FIrst Men found The Night's Watch when Bran moves into Winterfell.

It then immediately states that the Children of the Forest's numbers dwindle.. Now wait a minute. Stop right there. We may be on to something. Why?

Did they seclude them beyond the wall? Blocked out by the wall? Force them out, drive them out, and then seal it with a weirwood door? Hmm... Now, I know weirwood supposedly amplifies their powers, however, you cant walk through a closed door (that only opens supposedly for people who take the oath) Last I checked no Children Of The Forest have taken the Night's Watch Oath. You may be able to possess it, see through it, as well as other weirwood in existence, but a door is a door. A blockage.

That fucking cunt. I fucking knew it. The whole goddamn time?!

I laughed out loud to reading that originally.

Which bring us to...

I really didnt think about it until you pointed it out. BUT HOLY SHIT YER RIGHT!

Right?

And by the by, all these thoughts and ideas, are all spurred from, by the way, D&D's interpretation. The show. Never thought i'd be this fascinated with something that was spawned from the show before i read it on my kindle first. Way to go, D&D

Maybe not, but come on, the Others are totally keeping tabs on that place. They knew that girl was pregnant and there was one last Craster boy. An Other (Baby Buggy) was totally chillin' (hue) there the whole time scoping out and waiting for that kid to come. Craster himself likely made the pact but the Others expected the girls to uphold the vow as long as Craster's seed was happening. Cuz our pal Baby Buggy pretty much vacates the premises after he takes the baby. Its likely that the Others will not care too much about the highly unfortunate situation going on at the Keep cuz Craster's seed, therefore the oath, has depleted.

So even if there are babies as a result of the rapings, they arent a part of the oath, therefore not going to be come for. Unless, Baby Buggy lets Night's King know whats going on. I think a new oath would have to be crafted for the girls remaining at the Keep to stay safe.

Maybe those Others feel their own blood. The mothers are the same blood either.

This is so confusing... look, a kitten: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152435501079095

:D Yes. Especially given the info we have about the mutineers. Why do i feel like that baby got rescued?

Karl Tanner THE FOOKING LEGEND OF GIN ALLEY 's Mission Statement (on his business card and everything!) is apparently "Fook 'em till they're dead!"

I imagine that has SOMETHING to do with it. :)

He also initially assumed -- and was willing to follow suit -- that Craster simply killed off the boys before they could grow up and become competition, like Cronus Only On A Diet.

But even without these things White Walker On A Horse (White Rider?) is already the de facto Westeros Father Of The Year due to the dearth of worthy candidates, so yeah Baby Blue Eyes is unquestionably in better (not to mention colder) hands.

I'm sure it's already been discussed here but what do you guys think about bran the builder being the nights king?

Meh. Bran built the wall. TNK is 13th... we don't know how long each LC reigned.. I'd assume he'd be long dead at that point

Given the info we have on Craster, and the info we have on the WW, I've got to believe that the baby is now in much better hands.

LOL. I laugh because it's true.

Best post I'v read in a while. :thumbsup:

This is from George's blog, how he responded:

How do you define "spoiler?"

If something happens on the show before it happens in the book, I suppose one could call that a spoiler.

If something happens on the show, but happens very differently in the books, is that still a spoiler?

If something happens on the show, but never happens in books, what precisely was spoiled?

He will not give anything else.

Meh. Bran built the wall. TNK is 13th... we don't know how long each LC reigned.. I'd assume he'd be long dead at that point

hey what would you have if you built the wall? ......... Cold halnds hehe just thought that one up

So the Others are running an orphanage for abandoned wildling babies. How thoughtful of them!

I find it highly unrealistic, though, that a baby half-wrapped in a very thing blanket would have survived a long trek north cradled in the arms of an ice-being that turns everything around it into a blizzard. It must have been 80 °F on the set, otherwise, they should have bundled the kid up better.

I don't know if this already has been brought up:

I was in the camp that could see, that what matters is that boys are sacrificied. They're given freely away, a ritual we don't here being practised anywhere else. Someone made the comparison to vampires, who can not enter a house unless you invite them. So I thought that maybe whatever the Others do with the babes only works this way.

But I think this theory got debunked (at least for the show) by the scene where the mighty Sam stabbed the Other when it tried to take the baby from Gilly. If the Other had gotten the boy, it would not have been given away freely and why would they do that if it won't work?

This suggest that there really seems to be something important about Craster's blood, the place or maybe the whole incest thing. Yikes.

Not necessarily. If the pact had been long standing, or made by Craster, or still not up for amendments. The WW would still take the baby, even if an interloper NW fella wished to intervene.

It was the baby that drew the WW, we still don't know why.

So the Others are running an orphanage for abandoned wildling babies. How thoughtful of them!

I find it highly unrealistic, though, that a baby half-wrapped in a very thing blanket would have survived a long trek north cradled in the arms of an ice-being that turns everything around it into a blizzard. It must have been 80 °F on the set, otherwise, they should have bundled the kid up better.

It's odd to me that that when people are watching a scene like that, the fact the baby isn't cold is what they find unrealistic. The whole scene relies on a lot of suspension of disbelief.

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume the WW had a way of keeping the baby from getting cold.

Archived