When Is 'The World of Ice and Fire' Coming Out, Vol.3

And there is an Ib section and then there is the Shivering Sea and East of Ib section. My question is, why? The only thing that matters in the Shivering Sea is Thousand Isles (par Ib, which has its own section) but it can be mentioned in East of Ib section. Is that a mistake? Shouldn't be there a Jade Sea section instead of Shivering Sea? I mean Jade Sea is far more populated and settled than Shivering Sea.

Or is there something that makes Shivering Sea more important?

Obvioisly I'm not an authority on the matter, but i'lp offer my opinion. Ran said that this extract wasn't finalised (particularly the Stark Tree) so we should probably view the Contents with caution for now, as there could be errors or changes

Obvioisly I'm not an authority on the matter, but i'lp offer my opinion. Ran said that this extract wasn't finalised (particularly the Stark Tree) so we should probably view the Contents with caution for now, as there could be errors or changes

Yeah I thought that too.

Let me list my thoughts :idea:

All Free Cities have their own section.

Jogos Nhai and N'Ghai --> Plains of Jogos Nhai section.

Grasslands--> Dothraki, Lhazar, Qarth, Sarnor, Kingdom of Ifequevron, Adakhakileki?

Yi Ti and Leng have their own sections.

Asshai by the Shadow--> Asshai, Stygai, Shadowlands, maybe the around of Carcosa?

Ib, well Ibben lol

East of Ib--> Thousand Isles,Mossovy?

Bones and Beyond--> Patrimony of Hyrkoon

Rise of Valyria and Valyria's children?--> Valyrian cities and Ghiscar?

I cant really place Bleeding Sea, K'Dath, Grey Waste etc. and cities and islands in Jade Sea.

/geek out

And there is an Ib section and then there is the Shivering Sea and East of Ib section. My question is, why? The only thing that matters in the Shivering Sea is Thousand Isles (par Ib, which has its own section) but it can be mentioned in East of Ib section. Is that a mistake? Shouldn't be there a Jade Sea section instead of Shivering Sea? I mean Jade Sea is far more populated and settled than Shivering Sea.

Or is there something that makes Shivering Sea more important?

I guess the shivering sea section is about sarnor and the ifequevron.

Here's the link Steelborn

http://static2.hypable.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/WOIAF1.jpg

Ran

Will we learn more about the various religions of ASOIAF in the world book? I'm really interested in learning more about how the Faith used to deal with the various kings and nobles back when it had the right to perform trials and possessed an army it could field against its enemies.

Ran

Do we get pics on the main cities of Westeros?

Ted Naismith has done pictures of the main castles of Westeros: the Red Keep (and King's Landing), the High Tower (and Oldtown), the Twins, Winterfell, Storm's End, Highgarden, the Eyrie, Pyke, Sunspear, Casterly Rock, Dragonstone, Harrenhal and Castle Black. I've heard that there may be one or two new ones as well.

Ted Naismith has done pictures of the main castles of Westeros: the Red Keep (and King's Landing), the High Tower (and Oldtown), the Twins, Winterfell, Storm's End, Highgarden, the Eyrie, Pyke, Sunspear, Casterly Rock, Dragonstone, Harrenhal and Castle Black. I've heard that there may be one or two new ones as well.

Thanks!

Archived