Random thought about Asshai and the Red Priest-ish-people

In Brans first three-eyed crow dream he looks to asshai and sees "dragons stirring beneath the rising sun" (not the actual quote but pretty close to it)

so the worshipers of the Red god come from asshai right?

and they have a habit of sacrificing people to the flames...

and the recipe for hatching dragon eggs is blood and fire...

so.... im not sure... potential plot twist?

not saying any of the characters we've seen so far have dragons or anything, (aside from the obvious)

but the people of asshai sound like a recipe brewing for badassery.

good point. maybe they've been there for a while. asshai is pretty isolated, and theres no reason to believe asshai has motivation to get the iron or any other throne. they could just be living in their own little kingdom and whatnot, with dragons, and no one knows because they dont have any desire to leave or those who do leave arent believed.

also, one of my person theories is that Dany is going to go to asshai on her way to westeros. ("go west go to east, north to go south, back to go forward" whatever the quote, you want to go somewhere, do the opposite) I think she's going to Magellan this shit and take westeros from the other side. you know, circle around the earth, go so far east that she ends up west.

i think she might end up closer to winterfell. if you go diagonal, southeast from mereen to asshai, then you'd come up in the northwest. maybe she'd even find a land mass kind of like russia/alaska that leads her beyond the wall. I haven't exactly done extensive research but this map i found makes it seem possible http://gameofthrones.net/images/Westeros_Maps/a-game-of-thrones-world-map-westeros-essos.jpg

also, one of my person theories is that Dany is going to go to asshai on her way to westeros. ("go west go to east, north to go south, back to go forward" whatever the quote, you want to go somewhere, do the opposite) I think she's going to Magellan this shit and take westeros from the other side. you know, circle around the earth, go so far east that she ends up west.

This may have been Martins original plan, but a lot changed when he scrapped the five year time gap between Storm of Swords and Feast for Crows. He has said since then that we will only see Asshai in flashbacks, if at all.

This may have been Martins original plan, but a lot changed when he scrapped the five year time gap between Storm of Swords and Feast for Crows. He has said since then that we will only see Asshai in flashbacks, if at all.

oh. I didn't know he said that. GAH i wanted to see her go to asshai. oh well.

Martin has stated in an interview that the books will never physically take us to Asshai. maybe in visions but never will we see Dany or anyone else there.

Archived