The Kindly Man, the Elder Brother, Barbrey Dustin ?

Pod The Impaler

i highly doubt the elder brother will be in the show...i guess brienne will meet stoneheart at the end of season 4 and they will quickly move their story to the jaime-brienne-stoneheart confrontation at the end of season 5...

barbrey dustin could also be cut in the tv show...if she is in her role would be a minor one i assume

i highly doubt the elder brother will be in the show...i guess brienne will meet stoneheart at the end of season 4 and they will quickly move their story to the jaime-brienne-stoneheart confrontation at the end of season 5...

barbrey dustin could also be cut in the tv show...if she is in her role would be a minor one i assume

My guess is the show will somehow combine the Elder Brother and Septon Merribald. I see a lot of reasons why there has to be one of those two characters making an appearance, as well as something about Saltpans / The Quiet Isle, all to spur Brienne's story to where it eventually must go (Lady Stoneheart). Of the two characters, I think it is the Elder Brother who is more important, since her ties two existing storylines together, and also serves as a way for the viewers to get a better glimpse into Brienne's character.

There are literally thousands of great, northern British actresses who could play Barbrey Dunstin but I'm going to go with Siobhan Finneran. I think Barbrey has to have that outspoken/telling people off quality. Julie Waters has it but she is maybe not the right age.

• 4 weeks later...

(From another thread...)

When reading I had Polly Walker stuck in my head for Lady Dustin. Not sure if she even fits the description but think she would be good anyway

Yeah, I could agree with that. (I'll migrate the comment to the other thread. as well.)

I like the idea of Rene Auberjonois as the Kindly Man. Not that big of a name, which I think is pretty important with such a mysterious character.

Father Mulcahy? He was the voice of Chef Louis in The Little Mermaid too. He's done all kinds of things, even Star Trek. His name may not be well-known but the guy gets around.

Archived