How would you rate episode 405?

Ran

How would you rate episode 405?  

576 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

5/10. Felt slow and plodding for most of the episode, with some truly stupid scenes (Jojen the pyromancer? What?) and a rather unengaging feel. The ending was admittedly fun and I liked the Eyrie save for the really inelegant exposition about Lysa's misdeeds, but overall it was by far the worst ep of the season.

At least the effects were decent?

Edited by Jamie Lannister

(Jojen the pyromancer? What?

Assuming it was a visual metaphor for his deteriorating condition, no? Like a vision of himself only he sees? Served well enough, I thought.

Anyway, I appreciate the show best when it combines the longer sequences with the "catching up" exposition episodes. Wolf and Hound scenes made me lol. Gave it a solid 8.

5/10. Felt slow and plodding for most of the episode, with some truly stupid scenes (Jojen the pyromancer? What?) and a rather unengaging feel. The ending was admittedly fun and I liked the Eyrie save for the really inelegant exposition about Lysa's misdeeds, but overall it was by far the worst ep of the season.

Jojen was having a vision of a burning hand, he wasn't making fire just seeing it, like he was seeing the tree. You may have gotten a rather large reaction from everyone had he actually created fire.

I thought it was Jojen seeing his death, but slowly deteriorating makes more sense. He definitely knows hes going to die, since he said to Meera it doesn't matter, so thats good. He is aware of his mortality, which wasnt hinted at atall in the show yet.

Anyways, I thought this filler stuff could have been good even if it mean Coldhands was gone, but overall it was a waste of time, nothing even came out of it. If like maybe we learned something new(and the White Walker stuff could have been done last season with no difference) or new character something that would make the change worth it, but looking back at it, Coldhands would have been better.

7/10 Good episode, but nothing really big happened.

My only complains are all small ones, like Rast death (I know all the CGI budget goes to the dragons, but we deserved to see some direwolf badassery) or Dany scene feels to rushed again, like they could have explain her reason to stay a bit better, and how the hell the news of Joff's death arrive so fast LOL

I loved this episode and gave it a 10. I thought it was fabulous that Locke got what was coming to him, Jon and the NW got rid of those vipers at Crasters, Bran/Hodor/Summer/Meera and Jojen were on their way.....and the "good guys" finally won something. It was nice to finally see the good guys win at Crasters. HODOR!!! That was a great scene with him killing Locke.

I get so tired of evil winning over good in this series. I really liked this episode.

HODOR!!!

I gave it an 8 could of done without the cersei Margaery scene , found it a bit hard to believe locke could sneak in take a look around and report back and then that Bran and the scooby gang could escape it all without any of the nightswatch seeing them. What was the point in that change anyone have a clue??

It was a 6 or 7. An average episode and I kind of expected it after watching the preview. The scenes at the Vale were some of the best parts and contrary to what some are thinking, I feel that the Jon Arryn reveal was timed fine.

Most scenes were solid but uneventful and that while Craster's Keep was good it was also pretty predictable that there would be no reuniting, that the bad guys get wiped out, Jon kills Carl, Ghost kills Rast. Easy to see coming.

Don't have a issue with some slower episodes amidst the chaos. Next week should be excellent.