How would you rate episode 405?

Ran

How would you rate episode 405?  

576 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I gave it a 7. Lowest grade so far for me. I did enjoy most of the episode. This was just one of those episodes to set up future storylines. The trial and Vale plots specifically. Some of the exposition was kinda clunky, could do without that Cersei-Margarey scene.

I really liked Sansa-Lysa. Thought that was really well done scene that will pay off down the line. Particularly enjoyed Sansa manipulating Lysa. Enjoyed most of what happened at Crasters alot as well. Wished Jon would have killed Karl without any interference though...

An all around interesting episode, a little slow, but a lot of info that moved the plot along. Most interesting tidbit was that the Lannister gold mines are not producing anymore. Interesting, I wonder if this diverges from the books or if the same factor is at work as well? Sort of backs my thoery that the Lannister incomes are dependent on the throne repaying the loans Tywin made to it. Never understood Tywins all or nothing attitude but if the base of Lannister power has failed it makes sense. I gave it a 7.

Definitely the weakest of the season so far. It just had a weird feeling throughout, and all of the scenes felt like they were just thrown together haphazardly. The long Cersei scenes just didn't do anything for me. I understand they are showing she is trying to persuade the judges but they just all felt unnecessary and they all fell flat to me. Same goes for the Brienne and Pod scenes which were just meh to me.

I did really enjoy all of the arya/houn and sansa/littlefinger/lysa scenes. With the exception of her spoiling the murder of Jon Arryn, which I don't understand why they felt the need to reveal it early. Its such a integral part of one of GRRM best chapters, and yet they just wasted it in the middle of a middle season episode like it was no big deal. I have no problem with changes but this one I just don't get.

On the bright side the next episode should be best of the season. A Bryan Cogman written trial scene is sure to be phenomenal.

Edited by Ser Blake

I am so pissed about them bumping up the Jon Arryn reveal that I want to give this episode, like, a 2. But I thought Thomas Brodie-Sangster was totally on point tonight. The way his voice got very low when he was telling Karl how he saw him die was brilliantly creepy. So much malice. And I loved Pod burning the rabbit. There were other good moments too but those are the ones that stick out at me enough to bump up the score to a 6.

9/10 Best episode since the season opener. Great episode.

9/10 Solid episdoe

1. Great Acting, great writing.

2. Good fight scenes, I loved not knowing what was going to happen with Jon and Bran.

3. Locke's death shocked me. I thought he was going to be Bowen Marsh, but that would have been too obvious . . .

4. Locke had to kidnap Bran and kill him somewhere else. Then bring his corpse or his flayed skin to Roose. Roose would need proof of the kill.

5. It reminded me of the scene in, "Boardwalk Empire" when the lady stabbed Karl in the back. Just like it happened when Mr.Whatever fought Chalky White. Same scene but not as intense as the BE scene.

6. Lena Headey acted great, E. Clarke struggles with real dialogue, Iain Glen acted very well. Dany made the mistake now we are in the, "Mereenese Knot."

7. Next week is going total fan fiction with Davos in Braavos, The Ironborn at the Dreadfort, that is going to be something.

Bring it on Dave an Dan! Great TV!

Are you guys nuts? Weakest episode of the bunch? IT was great!

Everything Vale/Arya/Jon/Oberyn was pretty fantastic.

Just because it's the weakest of the season doesn't mean it was bad. I think this has been the best first half of any season so far. Episodes 1-4 were all 9's or 10's IMO. We were due for a kind of average affair. Just by viewing the promo I can already tell next week will be far better: trial, Yara vs. Ramsey, etc. Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

An all around interesting episode, a little slow, but a lot of info that moved the plot along. Most interesting tidbit was that the Lannister gold mines are not producing anymore. Interesting, I wonder if this diverges from the books or if the same factor is at work as well? Sort of backs my thoery that the Lannister incomes are dependent on the throne repaying the loans Tywin made to it. Never understood Tywins all or nothing attitude but if the base of Lannister power has failed it makes sense. I gave it a 7.

nah....

They are rich as always in the books. Tyron doesnt worry about how he is paying the Second sons...and Kevan worries he has to start paying the crown debts with Lannister money...

And they got the Reynes mines.

I gave it a 4. Lots of filler conversations. I did laugh for a while when Sansa had to endure Lysa s screaming. That was ridiculiously funny. As for the end, way too predictable! How many fans were waiting for Hodor to warg into Bran and free everyone. I usually stay up to watch a second time but not this episode. Good to see Arya waterdancing again!

Loved it. Even better than last week's episode. Arya's water dancing, Lysa showing her insanity, the Lannisters are broke and finally, the ending that had everything I ever wanted in it. 10/10.

7/10 Good episode, but nothing really big happened.

My only complains are all small ones, like Rast death (I know all the CGI budget goes to the dragons, but we deserved to see some direwolf badassery) or Dany scene feels to rushed again, like they could have explain her reason to stay a bit better, and how the hell the news of Joff's death arrive so fast LOL

Dothraki Express!!!

I gave it a 4. Lots of filler conversations. I did laugh for a while when Sansa had to endure Lysa s screaming. That was ridiculiously funny. As for the end, way too predictable! How many fans were waiting for Hodor to warg into Bran and free everyone. I usually stay up to watch a second time but not this episode. Good to see Arya waterdancing again!

Well, given that the show is often full of unpredictability, I think that a more predictable ending is actually quite unpredictable.

Locke's death was definitely unpredictable, but I was very glad to see Tanner and Rast get their just desserts.

It was a 9 for me.

I disliked the Margaery-Cersei and the changes to Sansa storyline. The reveal of Lysa killing Jon made say out loud "WHAT?" but I'm ok being surprised by the show (like last week).

I see the show with my Unsullied wife, and we enjoyed very much the Arya-Hound and Pod-Brienne parts. We got some good laughs there.

I didn't liked very much how they were changing Bran storyline but I guess it's ok how they handled it today. The show doesn't show a lot of magic stuff and they have to create a bridge so show watchers can assimilate what is next. I expected Locke to have a confrontation with Jon and I was pleased they didn't.

I don't know why people say nothing happened in this episode. I explained my wife a lot of stuff between scenes (Oberyn's daughters to name an example). Non book readers need to understand and get familiarized with the Iron Bank of Braavos, they need to understand Dany's forces are still laughable compared to anything in Westeros.

I usually re-watch each episode between 3 to 4 times the week it airs, this one is gonna be one of those that makes to 4-5.