How would you rate episode 405?

Ran

How would you rate episode 405?  

576 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

It was my lowest rate for this season so far (7), but there were some nice parts and others that really bothered me.

I don't like this nice Cersey at all and the fact that she didn't react at all to Marg's comments was too much for me. I also didn't like this news that the Lannisters are broke, where they wanna go with this? On the up side, I really liked that they managed to solve the Jon / Bran situation in a good way, I also enjoy Arya and The Hound scenes as well as Pod and Brienne. However I do think that they are going too far with Pod's stupidity. The highlight was of course having crazy Lysa back, she rocked on this episode and really screamed for all Westeros to listen - but it gave me the impression that she was giving birth to a giant!!

I disliked the Margaery-Cersei and the changes to Sansa storyline. The reveal of Lysa killing Jon made say out loud "WHAT?" but I'm ok being surprised by the show (like last week).

I swear that was already in AFFC...

OT 6/10. Not very good imo. Vale scenes were good but the filler was off the scale.

King's Landing was BORING and Cersei whitewashing is very evident. Lysa was entertaining (plus how cool was the Bloody Gate?). Craster's was cool, although the swordfighting was subpar (par for the course with this show). Dany's scene was the worst. Brienne and Pod were fun.

Weakest episode of the season, definitely. Not bad exactly, but disappointing. I'm gonna rewatch before voting but my initial rating is 6/10.

OT 6/10. Not very good imo. Vale scenes were good but the filler was off the scale.

Damn, Then I need to reread AFFC and ADWD... this time in Spanish so I do not miss things like that. That was embarrassing.

Hard to judge. Had some great scenes. Loved the Lysa scenes, the Northern scenes, Arya/Hound always great. And i didn't mind the kings landing scenes despite not a lot going on...

But the Dany scenes are becoming unbearable. Daario sucks something awful, the acting is just not at all there, and nothing happened except the revelation that we're stuck in Mereen for the foreseeable future.

Edited by KalibakCruel

It was, but it was in the last chapter of AFFC, in a very pivitol scene, and it was revealed in a completely different way.

There was a lot of filler/set up but I spent a lot of the episode with my hand in front of my mouth, nevertheless.

+++ bonus points for Lysa and her desserts

+++ bonus points for Pod

Was this the first episode with no Tyrion?

Meh. Too many inexplicable deviations. Why is Cersei being so nice and understanding to everyone? Why doesn't Jon know that his brother is at Craster's if both their dire wolves are locked up in the same pen? Why does everyone abuse Hodor?! I give it a 6. The only worthy part was Pod.

A nice 7.

I liked how they wrapped up part of the story of Bran and Jon. Those changes in their storylines had averted me to give a 10 to last week episode. No more Karl nor HBOLocke :), (almost) everything back to normal.

The Eyrie scenes were the best of the episode, really well done Kate Dickie! And Sweet Robin was just perfect.

We had a little bit of almost every story arc, setting the pieces back to the game.

Only the finale was a bit weak, but again, it was filling for Bran's storyline, and they're getting better at it, so fine with me.

thought Jon was a decent swordsman, and that chump beats him with two kitchen knives vs a Valyrian steel sword?

Yeah, I was thinking: shouldn't Lonclaw just cut through a pair of knives? Were they even steel?

But Jon got his leg pierced (again) so I'm happy that we're going to see a limping Jon in the Battle of the Wall.

I thought nothing could be creepier than Joff and Sansa kissing and Selyse's 'preserves' but Littlefinger and Lysa playing tonsil hockey managed to top both.

I give it a 7. It was actually the Craster's Keep scenes that I found predictable.

Cersei rolling her eyes at Margaery was much more interesting.

Gave it a 7, a notch or two below my usual ratings. Nothing I particularly disliked, but my least favorite scene was the Craster's action at the end, which a lot of posters liked the best. Just not sure why we had to focus on the whole Craster's storyline so much this season, anyway, and don't understand why Bran, et.al. ended up there unless it was just a filler so the Bran story wouldn't be forgotten.

Lots of things I did really like, though. I always love Arya/Sandor scenes and any with Brienne and/or Pod. Crazy, creepy Lysa - fun to watch LF's struggle to suppress revulsion while she threw herself all over him. Could almost see Sansa wondering what the hell kind of horror show she was in now.

Can't believe we're already 1/2 way through the season.

A 7 for me. Good, but far from spectacular.

Wasn't very keen on Cersei and Margaery reaching some sort of truce in the interests of helping Tommen; Joffery's death is supposed to make her spiral out of control, seeing shadows everywhere.

I did like her conversation with Oberyn, but it wouldn't have hurt to have her attempt to seduce him, in order to escape from marriage to Loras AND to try and get him to vote against Tyrion in the trial.

The Lannister mines have dried up? First I've heard.

Brienne stuff = snorefest, just like the book.

The raid on Craster's keep was very well done, but I think knowing that everyone makes it out safely kind of took the edge off.

No, it's was at the last chapter of ASOS, right before the epilogue. Lysa is already dead in AFFC.

Oh my god. You're right. I got the book titles mixed up. I feel like an asshole.

They always seem to have an episode or two that lag midway through the season. This was one of them. I gave it a 7/10 mostly because of the scenes north of the wall (which has recently been carrying the show). I get that they have to set up major plot twists . . . but the result is a lagging, plodding episode.