How would you rate episode 405?

Ran

How would you rate episode 405?  

576 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I fully understand the importance of those episodes that serve merely to move the story along and present viewers with new information and revelations. Ep. 5, however, did nothing to amuse me. Not a terrific episode by any means. A solid 6, I'd say.

Edited by gawain

nonsense

Not sure what your "nonsense" refers to, but if it's about the LF being behind everything big reveal, it should really have been left for way later in the season (ideally ep.10) : in the books it marks a milestone in plot advancement (arguably the biggest reveal at that point), here it will just be overlooked and probably forgotten by most Unsullied.

Plus, this means Only Cat in ep.7, and I happen to very much like that scene, was hoping they would keep it for ep.10.

Not sure what your "nonsense" refers to, but if it's about the LF being behind everything big reveal, it should really have been left for way later in the season (ideally ep.10) : in the books it marks a milestone in plot advancement (arguably the biggest reveal at that point), here it will just be overlooked and probably forgotten by most Unsullied.

Plus, this means Only Cat in ep.7, and I happen to very much like that scene, was hoping they would keep it for ep.10.

At the same time though, imagine the people who haven't read the books at all. These scenes have to be just brutal for them, they need a reason to keep them intrigued. Maybe adds a little pop to this one, shows how crazy Lysa is too.

I give this episode a 4. Too many moments where I went ''huh?'' out loud.

Why were LF and Sansa walking up to the Bloody Gate? Did their ship from KL drop them off in the middle of the Mountains of the Moon?

Why would LF and Lysa talk about Sansa being Sansa in front of the Sweetrobin? He sure looks like he can keep a secret.

I didn't like that Arya added Beric and Thoros to her hit list.

The Jon Arryn reveal was WAY too underwhelming.

I give this episode a 4. Too many moments where I went ''huh?'' out loud.

Why were LF and Sansa walking up to the Bloody Gate? Did their ship from KL drop them off in the middle of the Mountains of the Moon?

Why would LF and Lysa talk about Sansa being Sansa in front of the Sweetrobin? He sure looks like he can keep a secret.

I didn't like that Arya added Beric and Thoros to her hit list.

The Jon Arryn reveal was WAY too underwhelming.

Yeah, that part was just stupid. To couple Thoros and Beric with rapists and murderers just makes no sense. Just another example of the show douching everybody up.

While the episode may have seem slow to some it did move the story forward in a few very significant ways so I gave it an 8:

1) Dany isn't coming to Westeros any time soon.

2) Bran and Jon won't meet, the little guy will keep heading north.

3) Littlefinger marries Lysa and a little more of his plan his revealed.

4) Marg will marry Tommen.

5) The Iron Bank is dangerous and Tywin is clearly intent on repaying them.

On the other hand:

1) Another odd couple adventure with Brienne and Pod. For me, her chapters in the books were the hardest to get through: (She's looking for a girl and we all know she's looking in the wrong place. Make that "places", a LOT of places.) The show isn't making it much more bearable, just shorter.

2) Oberyn's story this season started of with a serious bang (he's in KL for revenge). Now he's attending weddings, writing poetry, having heartfelt discussions with Cersei in the gardens. Yeah, I know where his arc is headed, obviously, it's just the path to get there sucks the life out of the amazing aura he created in one brief scene with Tyrion.

Going to give this one an 8, slightly above last week. The best thing to me not being a book reader is that after watching this show for 4 seasons now I have come to expect the unexpected. The last few minutes when Locke was carrying Bran off I was on the edge of my seat, I had no idea what was going to happen.

Any episode with the amazing Charles Dance gets high marks right from the top.

Cersei and Margery. I expected that at some point Cersei would show her true colors but instead we see a mother in pain and vulnerable, such a fantastic job.

The big reveal with Littlefinger. He has always struck me as the most scumbag character in this show and boy did he not disappoint.

The only thing I didn't really like in this episode was Brianne and Pod. I just thought it felt forced and compared to the rest of the episode it seemed out of place.

Finally the scene at Crasters. I realize they can't show too many battles in this show, be it for the sake of budget or simply for character advancement. I was happy with the end of it and glad they put a little bit of time into it then just a fade to black and aftermath.

I envy the book readers for seeing more of the vision then us show watchers but at the same time seeing the things unfold for the first time on screen has not been matched in my lifetime. The best part is more is left to come.

Yeah, that part was just stupid. To couple Thoros and Beric with rapists and murderers just makes no sense. Just another example of the show douching everybody up.

To be fair in the books nobody sold one of her only friends to a creepy stranger.

Loved it. Even better than last week's episode. Arya's water dancing, Lysa showing her insanity, the Lannisters are broke and finally, the ending that had everything I ever wanted in it. 10/10.

:agree:

I loved this episode! Pod & Brienne, Arya & the Hound, Marg calling Cersei sister -- then mother!!, batshit crazy Lysa, the looks on Sansa's face first at the ridiculous screaming of Lysa and then at the news she will have to marry Robin, action at Craster's. It was all so good. Plus, I like the way they resolved the near miss of Bran and Jon, and I'm pleasantly surprised that it was done so well. Hodor!

Sophie Turner wins this episode. She was brilliant.

ETA: And Ghost dealing out some justice was awesome!

Edited by Night'sQueen

Better than episodes 1 and 3, not quite as good as episodes 2 or 4. I'd give it a solid 8 or 9.

I don't understand how people thought that this was a dull episode. The entire beyond the wall sequence had me on the edge of my seat. All of the Vale/Lysa scenes were great and set up "Only Cat" well. I liked the reference to the Sand Snakes and to what's happening in Yunkai and Astapor, plus the ironic line about little girls not getting hurt in Dorne.

Looking forward to seeing what they do with Yara vs. Ramsay next episode.

Edited by scolbert08

I thought is was just an OK episode. A bit slower and not as exciting or interesting as the previous ones this season. So I will give it a 7. I must say though, the Craster's Keep scenes were awesome. I also loved how Bran managed to join the battle by warging into Hodor. Well done!

:agree:

I loved this episode! Pod & Brienne, Arya & the Hound, Marg calling Cersei sister -- then mother!!, batshit crazy Lysa, the looks on Sansa's face first at the ridiculous screaming of Lysa and then at the news she will have to marry Robin, action at Craster's. It was all so good. Plus, I like the way they resolved the near miss of Bran and Jon, and I'm pleasantly surprised that it was done so well. Hodor!

Sophie Turner wins this episode. She was brilliant.

Oh I totally agree. Seeing Sansa with her crazy Aunt Lysa was awsome. I even enjoyed seeing annoying little Sweet Robin again!