How would you rate episode 405?

Ran

How would you rate episode 405?  

576 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I gave this episode a 9.

I agree that some of the dialogue was awkward but we saw true storyline progression as well as some big scenes to wrap things up.

I love that Robin is just as annoying as he was in Season One. The Littlefinger-Lysa scenes are as nasty and rotten as I expected them to be and the Jon Arryn reveal is huge.

The Dany scenes show how she really isn't ready to control a kingdom yet.

The Craster's Keep scenes wrapped that story up nicely with some great comeuppance moments.

I am not a fan of the Stannis or Iron Islands stories so not having them on the show was a huge bonus. May have given this a better score if Tyrion was featured.

I usually try not to be negative about this show so I'll just say it was my least favorite episode this season and maybe of all 4 seasons. It was just kind of blah. I did enjoy the action at the end and I enjoyed Pod and Brienne even though those scenes did absolutely nothing to move the story forward. I have mixed feelings about the Eyrie stuff, but did find Lysa and Sweetrobin sufficiently creepy and disturbing.

I'm also just not sure what they are doing with Dany's storyline. I'd like to see more Jorah. He's barely had any lines this season and there's been no real development of Daario as a character. I do like what they've done with Grey Worm though - they've struck gold with that actor. I need to figure out what his name is.

Edited by Mother of Mini Dragons

Meh. 7.

The whole episode felt like a big filler. Nothing really happened. Just talking and talking and talking and more talking. Sometimes it did make me laugh, other times I was just bored. It was an overall, "Oh, it's already over? But nothing happened yet!" feeling.

And I also feel like they are writing scenes for the actors and not the characters or the story. Lena Headey and Pedro Pascal are very cool and Lena Headey and Charles Dance are very cool too, but what exactly was the point of these scenes? Balon Greyjoy is still alive, Lady Stoneheart nowhere, Iron Banker nowhere, there's so much stuff yet to happen, but we are in this casual slow motion mode.

Well, Sophie Turner and Maisie Williams shined this episode at least.

This is the worst. Bran stuff is real creepy.

I mean why bran waited so long to warg into hodor. He could have killed all mutineer alone in d crasters keep.

Noone would have found it out even if he had warged into karl to kill all mutineer. There was no reason for bran to rot in inside craster keep.

GOT is really getting boring now. It wuld have made much sense if they had followed books. Now so many flaws n loopholes beyond d wall.

And again writing n dialogues r ordinary except for all kings landing n arya scenes.

I was expecting jojen as very mature character but d writing for bran n jojen was ordinary. David n dan need to need to improve.

6/10

Crasters was awesome but it was ultimately pointless. Locke dying was a waste. The fight between Karl and Jon was awesome. They have portrayed Jon very badly so this was a sorely needed scene.

Lena Heady was amazing this episode.

The stuff with Jojen was weird. They should really introduce Coldhands if they want supernatural scenes that look like they are from LOTR.

The Dany scene was alright. Not sure why they have her a Navy when thats the point of the Ironborn. Also randomly adding in now that she left a council in charge of Astapor is terrible writing. They really need someone in charge to peace everything together instead abruptly making new plots.

I'm deciding to play Devil's Advocate and I'm giving this one a slightly reserved 9. it's the third slowie in a row, but it's a big step up from last week's deviation ridden patch-fest, which spent its entire second half going nowhere fast at The Wall. I gave that episode 8, with caveats, but the pacing in the Northern scenes at times was frankly geriatric. The structure in this was far better, and the non-book dialogue and extra-source scenes were more sensitive and better judged. I thought the Margaery/Cersei, Cersei/Oberyn and Eyrie scenes were excellent. The writers were right to move the Petyr/Alayne story arc directly there instead of first heading to the Fingers, because it cuts down on scenes which to non-readers would seem like padding. I do have some minor reservations re: the progressing humanisation of everyone's favourite pantomime fruitloop Cersei, who at times seems positively well intentioned. Rather than force her monstrousness on us all at once when she becomes Regent, the writers appear intent on cutting a lot of what she gets up to in AFfC out completely by making Tommen King in this series, when in the books he's not yet of age. So this will effectively reduce her merely to anti-Tyrell paranoia, which of course is a big mistake. I'm trying not to let that worry me at present. I'm not sure where they're going with the fact she's agreed reluctantly to marry Loras. I'm still aggrieved at the elision of Gregor. But the episode was strong enough overall as to make me look forward to the next episodes once again. The book-deviating diversion at Craster's Keep, which I'd first thought would amount to mere padding, actually turned out well, even though the death of Locke (and Vargo gets it far worse in the novels) leaves everyone no wiser what on Earth the character was doing at The Wall.

Edited by The Killer Snark

I have been dubious about the past two episodes and honestly thought this was a refreshing change and one of the best of the new season. I disliked the addition of the Craster's Keep storyline but I loved how it was resolved here and I'm finding Jon Snow more of a badass each week. I love the Podrick/Brienne scenes and the Lysa/Sansa scene was incredible. Not to mention The Hound on top form as always.

8/10

7/10 - A bit slow, and the dialogue wasn't as sharp as it could have been. Still, I enjoyed the Lysa scenes very much, and Arya's water dancing.

Massive blueballs @ the Craster's Keep sequence. Jon and Bran could've met and talked, there's one book deviation I wouldn't have minded. And at hindsight, the whole thing seemed like filler.

I gave it a 4. I think this was my least favorite episode of the entire show. I loved last week's episode so this just seemed like a huge difference. I wasn't really interested in anything happening and the conversations in KL were boring.

6/10

The Dany scene was alright. Not sure why they have her a Navy when thats the point of the Ironborn. Also randomly adding in now that she left a council in charge of Astapor is terrible writing. They really need someone in charge to peace everything together instead abruptly making new plots.

Did anyone notice the Meereen navy had 93 ships? IIRC that's the count of Victarion's initial fleet. Definitely an intriguing add-in. G-d only knows where that's going.

7 out of 10. Too slow and plodding. I liked the Jon Arryn reveal and if I never hear Lysa having sex again in this show, I will never complain again! One big problem with the ep - who is this woman Lena Headey is playing? When has Cersei ever asked an enemy for help; she even let the sister dig from Marg go after promising last season to have her strangled in her sleep for it. Then she gets all misty-eyed talking about Myrcella w/ Oberyn? Even he gave her the WTF look. Cersei is all about showing power, never weakness. If any of her enemies don't see through that act, they deserve what they get.

Edited by Sand11751

Gave it a 7. Far better than the turd of last week. It's okay to not have tons of action every week. So the simpletons can go smoke a pipe. Love the Pod/Brienne; Hound/Arya; and Sansa/Lysa moments. All great. Sweet Robin is such a creepy little kid. If he was nursing again when we saw them last night I would have given the episode a 9 easily. Hodor unchained was fun. Been very eager to read something like that in the books. Pod burning the rabbit was classic. A little humor does wonders for this normally-bleak show.

The only stupid thing was Jon's reunion with Ghost...since he never seemed to realize or care that his giant beast of a wolf was MIA in the first place.

And I assume they will take a lot of liberties with Dany since we are already in her Book 5 situation. And book 5 Dany basically nibbles on figs for most of the first 3/4.

It also would have been nice to hear Jojen say "Because today is not the day I die." Give the readers something to geek over.

Edited by A Redeemed Hound

I gave it a 4 - It was boring and had some infuriating parts, mostly Cersei being Cersei (except in the Margeary scene when she was someone else), Littlefinger's tardiness at telling Sansa to bring her hood up and too much Brienne and Pod. Littlefinger's acting was horrid as usual and I wish Emilia Clarke would do something other than 'mighty teenage queen' once in a while, especially when it's a one and one conversation with Jorah. I know she can, because she did in season 1 and 2.

Lysa of course was brilliant and Sweet Robin did very well. The end was not great story-wise but at least it was entertaining. Ninja turtle Burn Gorman, including his death, had be pretty excited. All in all, better than last weeks episode.