How would you rate episode 405?

Ran

How would you rate episode 405?  

576 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I wonder what Jon would have done with the women if they would have said "Ahh... we will fight for Mance. See you in a month"

Surely he would have been so proud of himself, saving these people. i could only imagine Thorne next week.

T"So you let the wives go?"

J"Yeah"

T"Why?"

J"Seemed the right thing"

T"What was that talk a week ago that we have to kill the mutineers as they have information of extreme value to Mance, do you think the wives didn't catch that?"

J"Shit. Guys, let's ride again"

sorry, I like Jon and all, but that was..a sly move :lol:

if you have a digital copy of the ASoIaF books then look up virgin and see how many times it's written. I only have aDwD and searching it brought up multiple times when it's said in dialogue and in thought. It doesn't sound weird if you're a fan of the series because you know that the term is used interchangeably with maiden, hence my comment about complaining about nothing. It makes perfect sense to use it in this instance, it's not like she said "No he didn't pop my cherry."

I don't have digital copies unfortunately, but I've read through the books twice. Which is enough to know that virgin is used, but not the way Sansa used it, and nowhere near as often as maiden.

I think a highborn girl saying she's a virgin sounds ridiculous. She'd say I'm a maiden.

Is it a big deal? No not really. It stood out to me though, especially following the other phrases I mentioned in my OC. Plus other posters mentioned it was most likely changed so viewers wouldn't be confused, which I sincerely doubt would happen. I just hope this isn't a trend that's going to continue, I'd be disappointed. I enjoy getting lost in the story, and it's the little things like saying "maiden" instead of virgin, or "seven hells" instead of jesus christ, that encourage it. The show has been fine in that respect up until this season.

Poor Jon

He is getting alot of crap on the Karl vs Jon youtube comments. <_<

As he should. That was one, shameful fucking performance.

Azor Ahai reborn should not be moments from death when dealing with a drunken assassin from Gin Alley, terrible writing IMO :bang:

Edited by Rhaegar I Targaryen

As he should. That was one, shameful fucking performance.

Azor Ahai reborn should not be moments from death when dealing with a drunken assassin from Gin Alley, terrible writing IMO :bang:

Jon's younger and far less experienced than Karl. It made perfect sense that he lost the fight and it didn't diminish his character at all. He's a good fighter but he's not some superhero.

Jon's younger and far less experienced than Karl. It made perfect sense that he lost the fight and it didn't diminish his character at all. He's a good fighter but he's not some superhero.

I think the issue there is that Jon really had the advantage of reach with Longclaw versus Karl's two knives. That fight was all for TV drama.

The best thing I've been able to come up with is that he meant to question Bran about Rickon, kill him and then get ahead of the others and try to pick them off on the way back and then make out like he was the sole survivor when he got to the Wall. He seemed to have a very high opinion of his abilities and the only way it works is if he kills off all of them

The biggest problem w/ that theory is he left the Reeds behind. Unless Jon and Co lost, they would know that someone took off w/ Bran, and at least one of the NW would be able to track him down, not only for taking Bran, but for deserting the NW. It doesn't seem like a good idea. His only real choice would have been to kill them all, and then let the blame fall on Karl and his boys.

7, couple of nice moments, but nothing really good other then Craster;s .

It gets a 4 from me. Such a disappointing episode. The only parts I liked where the Eyrie scenes, which were brilliant! And Jojen's vision is interesting as well. The rest was just poor filler, dead end story lines, unnecessary comedy, why do they feel the need to put in an 'odd couple' sort of relationship, it has gone from being Arya and the Hound to Brienne and Pod. Urghhhhhhh!

It gets a 4 from me. Such a disappointing episode. The only parts I liked where the Eyrie scenes, which were brilliant! And Jojen's vision is interesting as well. The rest was just poor filler, dead end story lines, unnecessary comedy, why do they feel the need to put in an 'odd couple' sort of relationship, it has gone from being Arya and the Hound to Brienne and Pod. Urghhhhhhh!

Because Brienne and Pod are in the books. The difference is that Show Pod is older than Book Pod so it comes off as much more awkward.

Ice and Fire - Most of this stuff is actually necessary to plotting, though. From looking at the episode titles of this season, it's obvious the writers are focussing all of the really important moments towards the second half of it. Arya and the Hound and Brienne and Pod are both long-running odd-couple partnerships in the books.

Edited by The Killer Snark

I know those couples exist in the books, they just go so obvious with that take on the relationship. It is so on the nose with his many mishaps with the riding of the horse, cooking the rabbit. To me it just sticks out massively as them feeling the need to put some comic relief in, so they go OTT with it.