[Book Spoilers] EP405 Discussion

Ran

but once he does that, there's really nothing left for him.

Nothing left BEFORE TWW... maybe next season we'll know more about Bloodraven and why in the seven hells he made Bran travel that far north... I hope it's not to become a f* tree!

i am a bit weirded out by Sansa saying "i am a virgin". Shouldn't it be " i am a maiden"?

I noticed that too, but I think because in our society we don't necessarily use the term "maiden" to mean that, it was for our clarity. I bet they won't call it a "maidenhead" either

i am a bit weirded out by Sansa saying "i am a virgin". Shouldn't it be " i am a maiden"?

Bit of a sop to the TV viewership, who would probably interpret "maiden" to mean "young woman" as opposed to "virgin."

Margaery and Cersei looked so pretty in that scene! They always look pretty, obvs, but something about the lighting made them look radiant.

Oh, also, Dany's decision to stay in Meereen officially exhausts her ASOS storyline, with the exception of Jorah's banishment.

Edited by Newstar

I'm a little bummed that Locke died, really liked him as a bad guy.

Had Locke said his word yet? If he has taken his vow, his action is desersion, and the punishment for that is death, Roose Bolton can not save him. Poor Podrick, he does not know what he is doning, but think about it, if Brienne knows what he is really good at, he could be very useful to her.

Weakest episode of the season. There were some good parts but I just wasn't feeling it and there were a number of odds changes, like the idea that the Lannisters are broke all of a sudden. More concerning is that D and D in my opinion have written the three weakest episodes of the season (although I liked the season premiere).

"What are you going to do, Your Grace?"

"I'm going to meander here for the next season and a half."

Now you get to experience all the fun that we've have with Dany's story, Unsullied. Enjoy! Between that and the non-reunion between Jon and Bran, I wonder how they're going to react as things drag along.

Like I said, stuff like the Lannisters being broke I just don't get and still not a fan of what they're doing with the Cersei character, although Lena Headey's performance was very good tonight. Not to mention giving up the who killed Jon Arryn thing like it was nothing.

I smell more Cersei whitewashing coming up. If the Lannisters are broke, that will be the excuse for Cersei refusing to pay the bank instead of her just being a moron about it. Unless they have her refuse to ask the Tyrells but still, I sense more whitewashing coming on for Cersei's character.

I have to say, the MVP tonight was Kate Dickie. She captured Lysa's madness brilliantly and knocked it out of the park. Kind of funny too. The kid playing Sweetrobin was good too.

The battle at Craster's Keep was pretty good and Hodor snapping Locke's neck was badass. Locke was a bastard though I'm sorry to see him go as he was a pretty fun character despite his sadism.

Enjoyed Brienne and Pod as well. Brienne's armor is beautiful.

Enjoyed Arya and the Hound too. Thought that was funny how long her list is getting. They seemed to make the Hound's disfigurement more prominent in this episode. They had been doing a bad job with the make-up on that recently.

well yes, they clearly stated the lannisters are broke but what is the connection to the realm and the iron bank? there's nothing about that in the books, is there?

My guess is that it starts to tie in storylines from AFfC, namely the Iron Bank wanting it's due and Cersei telling them to piss off. In the book, she's just being Cersei, thinking she can do what she wants because she's in charge. Show-Cersei is smarter than that so in this case, she has no money to pay off the debts

Problem is, they have exactly three chapters to cover until they catch up (one of them a meaningless travelogue) and fifteen episodes to do it in. Unless they plan on Bran being absent from the narrative multiple episodes at a time, they will either have to invent a whole lot of new material or draw heavily from his story in The Winds of Winter well ahead of the other characters.

and you know which one it will be but i suppose you don't want that, right?

So the last episode ended in ice, and this one ended in fire.

Also I'm kind of sad that they killed off Locke before he could do much.

Agreed but at leas tin return we got to see a bit of what Hodor can do with his strength when he's got the right "mindset"

Overall solid episode. Jon and NW part was badass. Happy I wasn't on the 'Locke is gonna be Bowen Marsh or something' bandwagon.

I'm happy that Bran booked it before talking to Jon. Jojen was right that Jon would impede on their journey.

Weird thinking that Jon and Bran haven't spoke to each other since the pilot.

The next episode looks like it has potential to be the best this season.

Against sword and Dagger I would agree, but with a longsword against two daggers and no shield he should be able to hold him at a distance and get a few well placed thrusts in, but who cares really, it's only TV after all :P

He has the best finishing move of anything ever XD I yelled out "HOLY SH**" when he killed him.