[Book Spoilers] EP405 Discussion

Ran

I hope people understood that is what "nice" Cersei was all about - working the judges -- Mace's daughter, Tywin, Oberyn.

funny how book ready scream about the shows lack of subtlety out of one side of there mouths while missing the subtlety with the other side

Ya I thought it was pretty obvious what she was doing, and she wasn't just being "nice". She was in full game mode. Marg and Tywin's WTF faces seemed to go towards that too.

And Oberyn was just pensive and poetic, lol. He'll be sorely missed.

Makes me hopeful we may get a good amount of them cast for next season. I assumed they would probably conflate a few, but at least leaves the doors open for all of them if they want

Yeah. I was very shocked that they actually mentioned he had 8. Of course that doesn't mean they'll cast all 8 but I was expecting something more like saying he only has 3 and just leaving it at that.

I did like the touch of Sweetrobin merrily accepting his gift and then just as merrily tossing it out the Moon Door. It was an elegant way of showing how thoughtless and spoiled he is.

Also liked the mention of the chaos in Yunkai and Astapor, and of Cleon.

hope SweetRobin isn't still nursing

Since change was made in the Loarch/ Locke character I would of liked to see him omitted. I thought he must be a vehicle for some important reveal. No just a little killin' I am just wishing more was put into other lines. Knowing from the books, there is a lot of stuff going on. Having a roll eat up valuable screen time that we can't get back at the end, erks me : }

I did like the touch of Sweetrobin merrily accepting his gift and then just as merrily tossing it out the Moon Door. It was an elegant way of showing how thoughtless and spoiled he is.

it also made me wish someone would push Sweetrobin out the Moon Door :)

In the books, it's mentioned that the Greatjon raided three of the Lannister gold mines. Nothing was ever mentioned of it again in the books. If they had worked that into the show, this might have made a little more sense.

Edited by Darth Pipes

Fighting with a longsword in an enclosed place against someone with two daggers is pretty difficult. But Snow recovered in the end.

Nicely foreshadowed a couple of episodes in the scene where Oberyn tells the Lannister guards that a longsword is a poor choice of weapon in close quarters.

reminded me of a younger joffrey

Did he toss it out the Moon Door in front of the person who had given him the gift because he's just that thoughtless and spoiled, or because he's genuinely disturbed? Hard to tell.