[Book Spoilers] EP405 Discussion

Ran

Soooo..

Locke won't take Bowen Marsh's place after all (all heil Hodor!);

According to Jojen Reed, it ends in fire;

Alayne is now LF's niece (no harm done);

The Iron Bank has become a major player, meaning....

And meanwhile GRRM sleeps instead of finishing OUR books... who he thinks he is?! LOL

I hope GRRM kills your favorite character, I really do!

Jon Arryn reveal was underwhelming poorly placed it will make the only cat scene worse.

:agree: It was so random and sudden I bet a bunch of viewers weren't even paying attention to what she was saying.

Previews for next week showed Tywin & Company talking about Dany setting up shop as queen. Ser Jorah is still sending reports back to Kings Landing, I take it? Dany will find out around episode 9 or so, and that's when she'll banish him...

From whom though? I'm so confused how that plot will play out.

Edited by Chebyshov

funny how book ready scream about the shows lack of subtlety out of one side of there mouths while missing the subtlety with the other side

for the exactly that point she doesn't know Subtlety if she was shown the definition of it; within the books it is her greatest weakness, I'm sorry I am not going to back down from that gripe; I pretty much support the show and the writers as yes they have read all the books, etc I'm just disappointed in how they are playing it out is all. :)

Edited by Alia Atreides

• I think it was sloppy writing for Marg to call Cersei sister DIdn’t Cersei already warn her about that and tell her she would strangle Marg in her sleep if she ever called her sister again? Seriously, did the writer not watch the previous episodes?

This is something that is really irking me this season.

Like the Hound's not stealing code, Olenna pointing out that their conversations in the garden might be overheard, and Cersei wanting more guards by Tommen's door.

It's just dialogue pointing focus on something that is going to be contradicted. WTF?!

Edited by 7th-key

Well they dun goofed with the statement that Casterly Rock is broke. The books suggest that while the Crown is in debt, the Lannisters were still in the black and unwilling to go into their own coffers for the Crown's debt...

didn't you wonder about that in the books too, the Lannister gold The mining operations had to be effected by the war & we know some are no longer productive. Book Tywin would not share that info

Edited by ladyinblack

Why on earth would they make Alayne Petyr's niece? He doesn't have a brother and that's easily known.

Presumably he does have a brother (or sister) on the show. Show and book canon aren't the same.

So we do have the disguise, but I'm really confused about it. Was a little scene where they actually explained the details of this really too much to ask? Is Alayne a bastard still? People talk about how Littlefinger suddenly have a bastard daughter is implausible, but producing a trueborn niece out of thin air would be even weirder. What's the point of calling attention to the distinctiveness of the Tully hair if she's not changing it? Why does Sansa have exactly the same wardrobe she had before when she didn't take anything with her?

didn't you wonder about that in the books too, the Lannister gold The mining operations had to be effected by the war & we know som are no longer productive. Book Tywin would not share that info

What is there to wonder about in the books? Kevan is completely clearheaded, and there's no indication whatsoever that there's anything amiss about the family finances in his POV.

Edited by Colonel Green

Cute... "yeah, I'm only writing some poetry"...

("Dear Doran... everything here is fucked up. King's dead. Wasn't me. Tyrells everywhere. And the Targaryen chic has DRAGONS. BROTHERFUCKING DRAGONS. Love, Ob".)

LOL

It was a great touch although keeping that Moon Door open would freak me the hell out.

yes in the books that door was hell itself...

funny how book ready scream about the shows lack of subtlety out of one side of there mouths while missing the subtlety with the other side

but we don't even know that Oberyn is a judge in the showverse, do we? that's part of why it seems off...there's nothing obvious about oberyn becoming a judge.

for the exactly that point she doesn't know Subtlety if she was shown the definition of it; within the books it is her greatest weakness, I'm sorry I am not going to back down from that gripe; I pretty much support the show and the writers as yes they have read all the books, etc I'm just disappointed in how they are playing it out is all. :)

WHO CARES. This is a silly thing to get worked up over. So she has some savvy, big deal.

Jon Arryn reveal was underwhelming poorly placed it will make the only cat scene worse.

Agreed. If they had left it at "The things I've done for you, Petyr" that would have been fine. You could reveal it all when she takes her Moon Dive. This was the only weak part of the Vale scenes.

The whole thing with Locke really didn't make much sense, why didn't he kill Bran and the others on the spot, or just burn down the cabin? They would have found the others he left alive and they would know he took off with Bran, right? Where was he going with him? Was he trying to bring him alive to Roose or did he just want his head as proof or something like that?