[Book Spoilers] EP405 Discussion

Ran

There was no Bronn but I thought I saw Jerome Flynn's name in the credits.

Yeah his name was there. dunno why he wasnt there.

Arya added Beric & Thoros to her prayer? That's . . . weird. Could that be leading to something in the future between her and the BWB? Spoiler?

Nah. Thats Arya being hella pissed about them selling Gendry out to Melisandre.

Anybody else glad the Craster´s keep filler plot is finally over?

Yes.

Locke's end though.... felt very anti-climatic. I was hoping they'd turn the interesting Locke into an interesting story, then... Buh-bye. I was disappointed. Lots of potential for fun with character development there, gone to waste.

Bran: A Completely Adequate Set of Scenes: So, other than the fact that Jojen may burn to the Red God (….meh….), I didn’t MIND Bran’s scenes… other than make me wish they didn't;’t have to have them in the first place. They were fine; I thought they saved some time and the actor’s SAG credits. HE can get paid in good conscious. At the same time… why? Was any of that necessary? I get why they did it and I can see it better, but ultimately I am left with the ringing in my ear of the contrived nature of all of it. I am glad its over (just as unresolved, pointless, and “Wea re Right Back Where We Started” Nature of it all). A bait-and-switch and none of it made much sense at all. But… hey… at least Bran was there… right?

It was really pointless. Just like you said, they're right back where they were. I know that they had to fill Bran's story with something, but the whole thing was so weird I honestly would rather Bran have less scenes than all that nonsense.

All in all, the show is straying further and further from the books. This might be a good thing though, since the show will likely catch up to GRRM before he finishes the series, maybe its for the best if it has its own, unique, completely different ending. So, instead of nitpicking in the future, I'm going to try to enjoy the show more for being its own unique breed.

Actually I thought this episode got them right back in line to hit all the major plotpoints. It is less off the rails than last week

Exactly. I wonder even if show viewers realize the gravity of her actions she had just confessed to.

Yeah. It was so "la la la oh yeah I killed my husband btw just gonna say that out loud to you Petyr for no reason yeah whatever who cares!"

.Just a thought about why Arya added Beric and Thoros to her list...selling Gendry out to the red woman. Show!Arya lumps all three of them together as probably responsible for something nasty happening to Gendry. If she was all hot to avenge Lommy, it makes sense she'd want to avenge Gendry. She didn't have this reason in the books.

Yeah. It was so "la la la oh yeah I killed my husband btw just gonna say that out loud to you Petyr for no reason yeah whatever who cares!"

It does when combined with the fact that although she was acting nice she totally felt threatened by Sansa. That was her reminder to him, also why she had the Septon there. She is crazy but she gets her shit locked down.

Total character deviation for Cersei. NO WAY would she ever confess her displeasure with Joffrey to anyone outside of the family.

Uhhh she was obviously fishing Marg to find out if she had any idea of the murder. It was so obvious Cersei was fishing, it was like "hurrr". Not exactly out of character for her.

Total character deviation for Cersei. NO WAY would she ever confess her displeasure with Joffrey to anyone outside of the family.

\it's not their fault, TV viewers don't get to read characters minds so dialogues are the only way to show what characters are thinking.

Edited by ♛ Queen Alysanne ♛

Does anyone agree that the show seems to be trying hard NOT to catch up with the books? Which would explain all of the recent deviations?

Not really. They've just structured the show around key stopping points for each plot in a given season, which for some means coming up with additional material.