[Book Spoilers] EP405 Discussion

Ran

- The Saint Tyrion distortion field still affecting Sansa. Her defense of him was a bit much.

I disagree.

In the books, Sansa is much younger and is presented far more sheltered. She despises Tyrion and never gets to know him very well at all.

In the show, Sansa is older and with age comes empathy and understanding. Show-Sansa is older and she can see how fucked Tyrion was and how he actually did not want this. In the books, there is no way for Sansa to know this; she just concentrates on what is being done to her. in the book, Sansa's communication with Tyrion is non-existent, so its easy to see how this developed. In the show, their relationship is no less difficult, but Sansa's age and relationship with Tyrion gets her to appreciate his difficulty. She has had far more contact with him in the show than she ever did in the books (IIRC, prior to their marriage, their only conversation in the books is in CoK when Tyrion first arrives in KL). And their discussions after their marriage have been somewhat illuminating. She does think he is in pain and she can relate.

I think the show did a good job of making Sansa's understanding of Tyrion better and her appreciation of him and his situation more human.

Frankly, had Sansa NOT said something in defense of Tyrion I would have found that far more odd.

Was I the only one who thought Jojen was a total badass for basically laughing in Karl's face when he told him how he was going to die? Jojen was money in this episode.

Seriously.

"I saw your death tonight. I saw the snow come down upon you all and bury your bones." FUCK YEAH JOJEN! :commie:

On Jojen's vision - I don't believe Meera was asking how Jojen would die. This scene was about Bran's journey, and Meera was essentially asking how that journey would end. I took the fire to mean Bran will face off against Melisandre or the dragons. Or, perhaps, Bran will assist the dragons in burning the white walkers.

On Cersei - I was bothered by her scenes until it dawned on me she was manipulating the three judges. Some believe she isn't capable of this level of cunning, but this isn't exactly an example of high cunning. Every child knows how to play nice with someone who has the power to give him or her what they want. Based on the confused looks on the faces of all three of her targets, do you really think they bought her game? And what's the end result for her? Tywin and Oberyn end up playing their own game, completely independent of her manipulation. Her transparent scheming will blow up in her face and that's very much in line with the book.

I always love Pod and Brienne's scenes and now that they are together is a joy, but again I think that they are going too far with Pod, I mean he is not that stupid! making him burning the rabbit because he didn't get that he had to skin it was too much, not to mention his riding style. I think that they didn't have to go that far.

Pod is the basically the only comic relief in the show... I love how they've made him so silly. :)

Show-Sansa is older and she can see how fucked Tyrion was and how he actually did not want this. In the books, there is no way for Sansa to know this

Presumably because Tyrion did want it in the books. He said as much.

The show, on the other hand, is uncomfortable with the idea of any accusations of impropriety besmirching Saint Tyrion's character.

Edited by Colonel Green

Did Bloodraven warg into Ghost? The ravens cawing right before Ghost mauled Rast made me think so.

I thought of that too, and i'm hoping so.

I also liked the foreshadowing that Jojen will end in fire. The only question now is, is it Dragonfire or Melisandre sacrifice?

So it's seem we have Saint Tyrion and Saint Cersei now?

Watch the episode again. She was pretending to be nice, so that they will sentence Tyrion to death. That is not very saint-like. Do don't worry. She is still a psycho!

With that said. I think what they did in the show was brilliant. Cercei thinks she is outsmarting the judges. But in reality, no once buys it! Hence ... Cercei is not that smart!

I thought of that too, and i'm hoping so.

I also liked the foreshadowing that Jojen will end in fire. The only question now is, is it Dragonfire or Melisandre sacrifice?

I hope dragons don't burn down the Weirwood cave.

That place is bad*** , and Weirwoods have suffered enough :crying:

God the "extra's" on this show are bad sometimes. Did anyone else see Grenn fighting that guy right after Jon came out of the keep? I mean, the guy literally just held his sword out for 5 seconds so Grenn could hit it back and forth before delivering a kill blow.

So the Lanisters are broke? This was added for the series correct?

Not broke just not as rich as they used to be. Robert needed the Lannisters to take the Throne, and now the Lannisters need the Tyrells to hold the Throne.

So the Lanisters are broke? This was added for the series correct?

I think so. In the books the Lannisters are wealthy and have loaned a lot to the Crown but seem to have a problem forgiving that debt even though they ARE the crown. A little accounting shenanigans that even the threat of the Iron Bank can't seem to decode