[Book Spoilers] EP405 Discussion

Ran

Does anybody else find Bran's wig to be.. distracting?

I adore Isaac, but I mostly find the eyebrows distracting. :) It makes sense that he wouldn't have had much of a haircut, though. It's not like Tommy is around to trim him (recall Robb saying, "Shear him good, Tommy. He's never met a girl he likes better than his own hair," to their barber [who is really one of the show's swordmasters!] in the pilot when Jon needs a haircut).

That whole thing is new material, so we just don't know. If I had to guess she and her men will fight a skirmish, suffer losses (storming a castle with fifty men is a terrible plan.) but escape, and then learn of her father's death and return to the Iron Islands setting up the Kingsmoot for next season.

I really hope your right. I'll be pissed if Yara is captured and also if them omit the Kingsmoot. I pretty much want that scene solely for Euron's intro.

I enjoyed the Cersei scenes and the varied interpretations people have of it far more than Jon and co. routing the bad guys out at Craster's. Really, was anybody expecting a different outcome of that? The only surprise was Locke getting killed and I never liked him much anyway.

Oh, crap, it just occurred to me that with the wedding left out, there was no rape attempt on Sansa from a "Marillion"-like character. That could happen later, though, I guess.

Aidan Gillen's nauseated "Do Not Want" faces while Lysa was all up in his business were pretty hilarious.

Speaking of Marillion, wonder if the show will bring that character back to fullfill his roll from the books. Still can make a perfect patsy since he no longer has a toungue and can't speak to defend his innocence (but can't confess either which could be an issue). I predict they don't bother with the attempted rape scenes regardless, as it seems the story line is being rushed a little to fit it in by episode 7.

I wonder if a mauling by Ghost will turn out to be kryptonite for wights (read: the zombies; not the Others/White Walkers) in the same way fire is? Ghost does have red eyes... :D

lol... could be.. i want him gone (and i mean gone, not undead)... i'd feel better if they'd roasted his ass

I know the producers of GoT have said they are not paying attention to what is said on the internet, but if they trow in one more gratuitous rape or almost-rape scene, I'll stop watching the show and won't buy the blu ray when released. It is bad enough that GRRM thought rape was entertaining, but the show is adding such scenes, wiily-nilly.

Speaking of Marillion, wonder if the show will bring that character back to fullfill his roll from the books. Still can make a perfect patsy since he no longer has a toungue and can't speak to defend his innocence (but can't confess either which could be an issue). I predict they don't bother with the attempted rape scenes regardless, as it seems the story line is being rushed a little to fit it in by episode 7.

He got his tongue pulled out in Season 1 by Ilyn Payne so I don't think the Arryns would take him on as a singer.

Edited by NightStark

is anyone else kinda or seriously bummed about Jorah still hanging around Dany? wish they stuck to cannon and exiled him...i swear his sanctimonious tone makes me wish Barristan would kick the shit out of him...

someone here mentioned how it was weird that Jorah got news of Joffery all the way in Meereen....im keeping my fingers crossed that he's still in touch with Vary's little birds, gets caught by Barristan, gets taken to Dany, admits he was spy at first but then tries to convince her he's being a double agent and getting info out of the enemy...dany calls his :bs: and dun dun da...finally jorah is out of the picture for a while!

though i sometimes wish Dany had her Qyburn or Ramsay for people like him....yes, Jorah annoys me to no end! :uhoh:

is anyone else kinda or seriously bummed about Jorah still hanging around Dany? wish they stuck to cannon and exiled him...i swear his sanctimonious tone makes me wish Barristan would kick the shit out of him...

someone here mentioned how it was weird that Jorah got news of Joffery all the way in Meereen....im keeping my fingers crossed that he's still in touch with Vary's little birds, gets caught by Barristan, gets taken to Dany, admits he was spy at first but then tries to convince her he's being a double agent and getting info out of the enemy...dany calls his :bs: and dun dun da...finally jorah is out of the picture for a while!

though i sometimes wish Dany had her Qyburn or Ramsay for people like him....yes, Jorah annoys me to no end! :uhoh:

I like Glenn, so I have no problem with it, but I'm at a loss as to who is going to tell her about him spying on her now...unless they change it up and she throws him out for some other reason.

They can't really have Jorah disappear for 2 seasons. An actor of Glenn's caliber doesn't stay under contract making 0 appearances for two years.

They can't really have Jorah disappear for 2 seasons. An actor of Glenn's caliber doesn't stay under contract making 0 appearances for two years.

No need to stay out for two seasons.Season 5 and 6 will probably include parts from bot Feast and Dance so after some episodes he will appear and start his storyline with Tyrion.

I like Glenn, so I have no problem with it, but I'm at a loss as to who is going to tell her about him spying on her now...unless they change it up and she throws him out for some other reason.

i know your both right, i very much like him as an actor as well....but is it just me or are his lines just super annoying "Until my last breath I will remember. After I have forgotten my mother's face"..."They're dragons, Khaleesi. They can't be tamed...not even by their mother" ...."Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly...and Rhaegar died."

such a over-dramatic buzz kill!

I know the producers of GoT have said they are not paying attention to what is said on the internet, but if they trow in one more gratuitous rape or almost-rape scene, I'll stop watching the show and won't buy the blu ray when released. It is bad enough that GRRM thought rape was entertaining, but the show is adding such scenes, wiily-nilly.

I won't attempt to defend the show's use of nudity and rape, but I really don't think Martin included incidents of rape in the books because he thought it was entertaining. As terrible as it is, it happens. Especially in the time period that inspired the world of the books and especially during wartime. To not include it would have been like whitewashing (fictional) history.

Yeah, plus I loved Robert in this episode. Dude was talking about his father and sansa's family all being murdered like it ain't no thing. And then he tosses LF's present out the moon door.

I wonder where all the things and people that get thrown end up ... Could be some villager's backyard lol

Barristan is still sitting on that info and can bust it out as a trump card whenever they remember/want to reintroduce that plot element. They even had Jorah nervously try to feel him out early in Season 3 to see if Barristan knew. But Barristan did not give away that he knew.

Probably once Dany's attempt at ruling goes south they'll need an excuse, and something will happen that makes it look like there's a mole, and Jorah will get scapegoated. Actually, Jorah was telling her to hold off on Westeros this week, THAT might be enough to look like "oh you have a hidden agenda, trying to keep me away from your paymasters!". We'll see.

Good point. They'll probably truncate if not eliminate Tyrion's boat ride with The Griffs. Tyrion arriving in Essos and Jorah getting fired will probably happen early and in consecutive episodes, possibly even the same episode, so they can be free to meet up early on in Season 5 and spend the rest of it as another Buddy Cop Adventure in what is now the show's grand tradition, and depending on how far they plan to advance that story we'll see them get sold into slavery together and/or possibly join up with the mercenaries. Season 4's finale is probably the earliest we can expect Jorah to get exiled.

I wonder where all the things and people that get thrown end up ... Could be some villager's backyard lol

On the roof of the Sky castle that's on the way up, I believe. Sansa's Shoe should be there, along with Lysa's body in the book continuity.

Why does Stannis have to go to Braavos? I don't see any scenario in which that makes sense. Two Braavosi bankers are already on site in Westerns - seeking loan payback from one king or another- in the books. Why not in the show?

Yara has already left to go to Theon. Which btw was where she found herself at the end of ADWD.

Balon will die before Stannis goes North (leeches). That could be very soon. Thus endeth perhaps that generation of Iron Island characters. If so I'd like to see a spinoff - the adventures of the Greyjoys - with Theons uncles. Still interested in the 93 ships in Slavers Bay coming from Meereen navy. Perhaps they mutiny.

Edited by rmholt

Barristan is still sitting on that info and can bust it out as a trump card whenever they remember/want to reintroduce that plot element. They even had Jorah nervously try to feel him out early in Season 3 to see if Barristan knew. But Barristan did not give away that he knew.

Probably once Dany's attempt at ruling goes south they'll need an excuse, and something will happen that makes it look like there's a mole, and Jorah will get scapegoated. Actually, Jorah was telling her to hold off on Westeros this week, THAT might be enough to look like "oh you have a hidden agenda, trying to keep me away from your paymasters!". We'll see.

Good point. They'll probably truncate if not eliminate Tyrion's boat ride with The Griffs. Tyrion arriving in Essos and Jorah getting fired will probably happen early and in consecutive episodes, possibly even the same episode, so they can be free to meet up early on in Season 5 and spend the rest of it as another Buddy Cop Adventure in what is now the show's grand tradition, and depending on how far they plan to advance that story we'll see them get sold into slavery together and/or possibly join up with the mercenaries. Season 4's finale is probably the earliest we can expect Jorah to get exiled.

In the show, Barristan never sat on the small council. Supposedly, Robert didn't trust him enough (even if he did pardon him).