Non-spoiler discussion of the show goes here, for those who've not read the books or those who have but are happy to not actually reference them at all in discussion, taking each episode as it comes.

This topic should open automatically when the show begins airing.

When it comes to the book vs the show i understand there separate and two completely different things.

But I hate how there portraying Cersie. Every thing she does this season is wrong. She doesnt push the wedding of Tommen and Marg, She tries the opposite. She doesnt push Jamie away because thigs "change" Its Jamie who pushes her away. More and more understanding he has been a puppet all his life to his sister and father.

But other then that so far im enjoying the show. I just dont know why there doing this to Cersie.

When it comes to the book vs the show i understand there separate and two completely different things.

But I hate how there portraying Cersie. Every thing she does this season is wrong. She doesnt push the wedding of Tommen and Marg, She tries the opposite. She doesnt push Jamie away because thigs "change" Its Jamie who pushes her away. More and more understanding he has been a puppet all his life to his sister and father.

But other then that so far im enjoying the show. I just dont know why there doing this to Cersie.

Personally, I much prefer show Cersei and I'm pretty sure she was just sucking up to Mace through Marg and will be back to opposing the wedding as soon as it is convenient for her. I don't mind them giving her some shreds of actual competence, as the book version bordered on a pretty offensive caricature at times. She's still a terrible human being, but one with an actual shot in hell of getting what she wants.

I think her true motivations and desires regarding a Margaery and Tommen wedding are unclear. She went along with what her father said about it, but she may have some tricks up her sleeve yet.

That sets her up to fall from a higher ground

No spoilers please :)

There were a few things that didn't make sense in this episode. Why didn't Locke kill Bran right away? How did Jon know that Raster was dead? If he was still alive, he could fall into wildling hands and spoil the Night's Watch's secrets. Why did the women reject going with the Night's Watch AND burn the keep? Where will they stay now, since it seems they were quite sheltered from the real world.

My predictions:

I have a feeling that Cersei is creating a trap for Margary. Remember when Cersei told Margary if she ever called her sister, she'll hang? Well Cersei is scheming right now.

I have a feeling Jojen is evil. He's working for the Red god, and his mission is to destroy the tree and the crow, using his fire. He will become full evil and stronger as he gets closer to Bran's destination, where Bran will have to kill Jojen.

No spoilers please :)

There were a few things that didn't make sense in this episode. Why didn't Locke kill Bran right away? How did Jon know that Raster was dead? If he was still alive, he could fall into wildling hands and spoil the Night's Watch's secrets. Why did the women reject going with the Night's Watch AND burn the keep? Where will they stay now, since it seems they were quite sheltered from the real world.

My predictions:

I have a feeling that Cersei is creating a trap for Margary. Remember when Cersei told Margary if she ever called her sister, she'll hang? Well Cersei is scheming right now.

I have a feeling Jojen is evil. He's working for the Red god, and his mission is to destroy the tree and the crow, using his fire. He will become full evil and stronger as he gets closer to Bran's destination, where Bran will have to kill Jojen.

Bran is more valuable as a hostage anyway. He is basically dead by most, only Ramsay and Roose learned from Theon that Bran is alive.

Bran is more valuable as a hostage anyway.

Hostage for what? All the Starks are presumed dead or disappeared.

Roose Bolton is Warden of the North, he can't claim Winterfell with the risk of a Stark heir showing up unannounced. He needs Bran dead and he can't be connected to it.

Bran is more valuable as a hostage anyway. He is basically dead by most, only Ramsay and Roose learned from Theon that Bran is alive.

I think it's more likely he planed to escape the chaos at Crasters with Bran, then interrogate him about Rickon's whereabouts before killing him and hanging on to his head. The deal with Roose was that he gets a holdfast if he kills both surviving Stark boys, and he had no other leads on where Rickon might be.

Edit: the real question is, how did he plan to get back across The Wall...

Edited by RumHam

If Locke would just kill all 4, he would have succeeded in his mission, or at least, half of his mission. And was he planning on carrying Bran back across the wall?

Also, how did he know Bran was there in the first place? By luring the Night's Watch away, it seemed he implicitly knew they were Jon's brothers. Why would he not question Jojen and see if he was Rickon Stark?

Also, if Bran was a hostage, why didn't Karl and his mutineer pals use them as hostages?

Did Arya plan to kill the Hound by piercing him? Even with armor, a pointed blade is very good against armor if you thrust it hard. Perhaps the Hound knew that she didn't have enough strength, that's why he didn't budge?

I think the best part was Lysa going crazy - she seemed a bit cuckoo in the first season, but this episode caught me off guard. How do you go from lemon cakes to being pregnant?

I think the best part was Lysa going crazy - she seemed a bit cuckoo in the first season, but this episode caught me off guard. How do you go from lemon cakes to being pregnant?

Anybody notice that Sucking Robin (Lino Facioli) looks pretty much the same as season 1?

I didn't like the tidbit that Lysa poisoned her husband.

It ruins the whole motive part where Jon was trying to expose the Lannister's incest. Now it's all a coincidence. Same with Jon's squire's death.

I didn't like how Bran *had* to choose between the crow and Jon. I think Jon wouldn't mind Bran going on his quest, and at the very least, wouldn't stop him. Just show Jon your warging abilities and you can convince anyone!

I liked the dual-wielding daggers fighting though. Also the dirty fighting. Would have liked seeing Karl and Bronn fight :)

If Locke would just kill all 4, he would have succeeded in his mission, or at least, half of his mission. And was he planning on carrying Bran back across the wall?

Also, how did he know Bran was there in the first place? By luring the Night's Watch away, it seemed he implicitly knew they were Jon's brothers. Why would he not question Jojen and see if he was Rickon Stark?

I assumed that the reason why Locke was there was to have an excuse to find an opportunity to kill Jon, and chanced upon finding Bran and a new opportunity. I thought that's why he was there, too see if Bran and Rickon were secretly with Jon, and kill him anyway if they weren't.

It ruins the whole motive part where Jon was trying to expose the Lannister's incest. Now it's all a coincidence. Same with Jon's squire's death.

Well if it turns out that Cersei had Littlefinger take out Jon Arryn and he found an opportunity to incite a little mayhem, then it might make it less lame.

Coincidence you say? Lysa didn't just poison her husband, she sent a letter to Catelyn blaming the Lannisters. And later on, Littlefinger put Ned on the trail of the bastards and blamed Tyrion for Bran's attempted murder. Join the dots ;)

I didn't like how Bran *had* to choose between the crow and Jon. I think Jon wouldn't mind Bran going on his quest, and at the very least, wouldn't stop him. Just show Jon your warging abilities and you can convince anyone!

I liked it, it makes for at least decent drama: should Bran choose love over duty? duty over love? The series is filled with that sort of choice. Yeah, Jon might agree to let him go if he's convinced that Bran can help in the fight against the White Walkers. Or he might not be convinced. Or, convinced or not, he might forcefully take him to Castle Black so he can travel North at a later time, with actual, useful bodyguards. Bran chose the safest, and hardest, option.

Coincidence you say? Lysa didn't just poison her husband, she sent a letter to Catelyn blaming the Lannisters. And later on, Littlefinger put Ned on the trail of the bastards and blamed Tyrion for Bran's attempted murder. Join the dots ;)

I liked it, it makes for at least decent drama: should Bran choose love over duty? duty over love? The series is filled with that sort of choice. Yeah, Jon might agree to let him go if he's convinced that Bran can help in the fight against the White Walkers. Or he might not be convinced. Or, convinced or not, he might forcefully take him to Castle Black so he can travel North at a later time, with actual, useful bodyguards. Bran chose the safest, and hardest, option.

Well it must have been a coincidence then, that Jon Aryn was investigating Robert's bastards, unless Little Finger was also in on that too.

I just don't like it when people act irrationally. I doubt Jon could have even prevented Bran from leaving. All Bran has to do is command or warg Hodor to leave, and no one can stop him. If anything, Jon may have accompanied him. There's so much they have to tell each other. I guess Bran assumes Jon knows all about Theon's treachery and other information, because if he didn't assume, the urge to tell Jon all he knows would be to great for him to not want to meet Jon.

Well it must have been a coincidence then, that Jon Aryn was investigating Robert's bastards, unless Little Finger was also in on that too.

It was not a coincidence. It made the Lannisters the best possible scapegoats.