[BOOK SPOILERS] What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions

Have seen a discussion by an Unsullied who noted "Sansa is the only one of the Starks who has lost her 'spirit animal'."

I am hoping for Arya to have a wold-dream at the end of this season so the penny may drop. The show might suppress it though - and make it a bigger reveal for another certain incident that happens later.

my biggest fear is that they wont show any of it till Blind Beth, i suppose that would be the a very dramatic time to do so...but its tooooooo far away :bawl:

you know what bugs me though...none of the unsullied are thinking about why Bran is the only Stark to have warging abilities. When i tried to bring it up randomly to ask a friend if he's ever wondered how come Bran has these abilities, like where could he have gotten them from...

How about the obvious answer: "He just happens to have a very special gift?" I mean, there are people in real life who can do stuff that no other person can do so...

Unfortunately, after that fit of jealousy on Lysa's behalf, a lot of friends/family think its a guarantee that she'll die soon (which makes me wonder if they would have even thought that if her jealous outburst had been reserved for Snow Castle/Only Cat). They also think that Sansa will either marry Robin or LF will kill Lysa and take Sansa for his wife right after.

Also, a lot of my friends think Robin is LF's son. Was surprised by how many people think this.

One of my friends also predicts that the White Walkers will ultimately sit on the throne and rule all.

One of the Unsullied was bugged by the Margery/Cersei-Talk and that Cersei went to her father to help Margery marry Tommen. I was rather pleased that he, even as a show-only-watcher, thought it was totally out of character. Perhaps the characterization of Cersei wasn´t as bad as I thought.

He asked right after the episode of my opinion and how this was explained in the books.

They reacted pretty surprised that Sansa was told to marry Sweet-Robin.

It seemed they were a bit confused over Jojens Greensight-thing, but rather pleased Meera didn´t get the treatment of Crasters wife-daughters... (As was I)

I was a bit disappointed, no one reacted to the Jon-Arryn-reveal... perhaps they don´t even know anymore who he was.

Should I remind them of the letter Lysa send in season 1?

I was a bit disappointed, no one reacted to the Jon-Arryn-reveal... perhaps they don´t even know anymore who he was.

Should I remind them of the letter Lysa send in season 1?

I think you should. That isn't a spoiler and is the key event that lead to the war. Its important they realise Baelish is playing such a long game.

Unsullied husband is out of town and we didn't get to talk until Monday. He was very anxious to discuss. His comments:

Him: So is that the real deal with Jon Arryn? Is that how it went down in the books??

Me: Yes.

Him: Wow, so Littlefinger was behind everything from the beginning! (I think he has a whole new level of respect for LF's game.)

He also was pleased with himself for predicting that Bran would warg Hodor. But, he was disappointed that Bran/Hodor killed Locke because he was hoping Jaime would eventually get revenge.

My girlfriend was really happy to see Lysa again. She really enjoyed the crazy, over-attached mother and was happy to see her back. And she loved all scenes in that part of the episode. She did not need to be explained the Jon Arryn thing like some others.

She got sold on the reasons for Dany to stay in Meereen, so no problem there.

And she really liked the whole Craster's Keep scene. "Hodor gonna Hodor" she said with a smile the moment Bran warged him and Hodor's emotional reaction afterwards really touched her. Really well done considering he cannot give that emotion in words, only actions.

What she also really appreciated was that Bran made a conscious choice to avoid Jon, not was powerless in this aspect. She felt it was really great storytelling that the cripple chose to walk away in this situation, and added that it made her feel it showed he has started to take control of his own fate, instead of being controlled by it, which he has been so far. When she said it like that, I totally agreed with it and now love the addition of this storyline a lot more.

Finally, she has become a huge fan of the Brienne/Pod pair and really loved that scene and odd couple as they go out into the world.

In general, it was a good episode with a lot happening which keeps watchers involved.

I think you should. That isn't a spoiler and is the key event that lead to the war. Its important they realise Baelish is playing such a long game.

You are right. They need to know, he had his hands (fingers) in everything since the beginning... I was just pretty confused, no one showed any reaction to that scene.

I definetly agree, I think you should tell them about it. Haha I imagine your disappointment when they didn't connect the dots.

I will tell them. First I was completely confused and then I felt disappointed... One of them even told me he rewatched all previous episodes before this season started.

The others are somewhat excused since it has been three years since the first episodes.

BTW: What were all the Unsullied's reactions to Dany deciding to stay in Essos? I can't imagine that that went over well with show watchers...

My unsullied dont get that she's going to be staying in Mereen for a long time . They think that her learning to rule will take up the rest of the season and she'll set sail in episode 10.

My unsullied dont get that she's going to be staying in Mereen for a long time . They think that her learning to rule will take up the rest of the season and she'll set sail in episode 10.

Poor unfortunate souls...

What she also really appreciated was that Bran made a conscious choice to avoid Jon, not was powerless in this aspect. She felt it was really great storytelling that the cripple chose to walk away in this situation, and added that it made her feel it showed he has started to take control of his own fate, instead of being controlled by it, which he has been so far. When she said it like that, I totally agreed with it and now love the addition of this storyline a lot more.

Wow. I hadn't thought about it like that yet, but, yeah it makes a lot of sense.

I love reading this thread. I no longer work with TV viewers who haven't read the books and I really miss their comments.

I have, though, FINALLY, after years of pleading, gotten my daughter to at least watch the TV series, but she's halfway

through Season 2 and still doesn't know which one is Jon Snow or what Arya's name is. Sigh... I just to tell her to keep watching, but I fear she may be hopeless.

Also, a lot of my friends think Robin is LF's son. Was surprised by how many people think this.

I thought a lot of book readers suspect this to be the case as well? I haven't read up on it so I don't know whether it has been debunked but I think it is a possibility especially considering how obsessively attached Lysa is to Robin which mirrors her unhealthy obsession with Petyr.

I thought a lot of book readers suspect this to be the case as well? I haven't read up on it so I don't know whether it has been debunked but I think it is a possibility especially considering how obsessively attached Lysa is to Robin which mirrors her unhealthy obsession with Petyr.

i never thought about it...but can you imagine another "Only Cat" type scene where we find out crazy kid is his son? :eek:

i never thought about it...but can you imagine another "Only Cat" type scene where we find out crazy kid is his son? :eek:

Haha, that would be awesome! I don't think Petyr would be too pleased considering how weak, sickly and annoying Robin is .... another one for the moon door!

I have yet to talk to an unsullied who is disappointed by Dany's decision to stay back in Meereen. They all think it's a smart move on her part, given her inexperience with ruling.

One of them definitely expects her to ride a dragon soon though. I think they all care more about that than Westeros at the moment.

Archived