[BOOK SPOILERS] Ser Jorah

How/when are we going to get his betrayal? I'm assuming Dany has to banish him soon, but are we going to get to it this season? Could Quentyn possible be the one to bring news of his spying (seems very unlikely, but I'm not sure how else it will happen).

I wonder if it'll even happen at this point. D&D said they are fine with killing off characters at different times than their deaths in the novels, so I have my own theory that Jorah never gets banished and just kinda dies, and Tyrion finds a different way to Dany. I don't have a good reason for this prediction, but that's my two cents.

However they reveal the betrayal, it'll probably seem contrived compared to how it goes down in the books.

I think it'll happen during Dany's last appearance this season (ep. 9 or 10). Then Tyrion finds him in that brothel midway through season 5.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to have the character disappear for a long time from a TV story-telling perspective, IMO.

And if she did mention it, how would she have known? Doesn't seem like the kind of news that would travel all the way to Tarth and be remembered for years after.

They did it to Barristan though

And Lysa too, I know.

But who knows? Maybe it's in Iain Glen's contract that he's got to be in "x" number of episodes per season or something like that. It's always tricky with actors' contracts and that sort of thing.

It's going to happen people.

Do you guys not remember the Barristan/Joran scene last season where he kind of subtly tries to figure out how much Barristan knows? That was there for a REASON.

I thought the reason could have been to show to the audience why Jorah doesn't get found out. If Barristan wasn't on the small council, he can't out the news to Dany.

Next weeks preview shows how Tywin and the small council discuss that Dany is staying at Mereen. So Jorah is propably still sending letters to Varys. I guess that Ser Barristan somehow catches him while writing/sending one and reveals it to Dany.

He's definitely not still reporting on her. He already got the pardon-- there's no need to report because there's nothing for him to gain. Dany's going around burning cities and murdering slavers? Yeah, Westeros'll find out pretty damn quick.

This is just speculation...Jorah could have sent a letter to Varys as a way of getting the heat off of Dany and assuring them she was no risk. But I can't imagine Jorah continuing to write Varys letters this late in the game.

Speaking of changes, we never got the scene where Jorah kisses Dany.

How/when are we going to get his betrayal? I'm assuming Dany has to banish him soon, but are we going to get to it this season? Could Quentyn possible be the one to bring news of his spying (seems very unlikely, but I'm not sure how else it will happen).

It's going to happen. We saw Dany hold Jorah back after a council meeting for more counsel. That's part of the set up for his betrayal.

It's going to happen people.

Do you guys not remember the Barristan/Joran scene last season where he kind of subtly tries to figure out how much Barristan knows? That was there for a REASON.

Yes! And today's "counselor Jorah" scene is there for a reason as well. It's coming; just don't know when.

And Lysa too, I know.

But who knows? Maybe it's in Iain Glen's contract that he's got to be in "x" number of episodes per season or something like that. It's always tricky with actors' contracts and that sort of thing.

The reason has to do with casting not the characters. Barristan and Lysa's actors were not starring cast members before their hiatus. Iain Glen is. It's the same reason we still see Theon and Bran in the show.

He's definitely not still reporting on her. He already got the pardon-- there's no need to report because there's nothing for him to gain. Dany's going around burning cities and murdering slavers? Yeah, Westeros'll find out pretty damn quick.

That is a good point but I can't see another reasonable way for Dany to discover his treason. It was clearly stated that Barristan was not present during council meetings in the show so he they can't go the same way as in the books. Actually another way could be some warning from Quaithe. But there would be no real reason for Dany to trust her. They didn't meet in the show, did they? If I remember correctly she only spoke to Jorah.

The reason has to do with casting not the characters. Barristan and Lysa's actors were not starring cast members before their hiatus. Iain Glen is. It's the same reason we still see Theon and Bran in the show.

Yep. This is exactly what I thought. Since Glen has been a regular since season 1, I think this is why he can't/won't be gone for long (assuming Dany does banish him at some point, naturally).

Archived