Death of John Aryn [Season 4 Episode 5 Spoilers]

So it was revealed in the show how John Aryn actually died in Season 4 Episode 5. He was killed by his wife and Littlefinger. The death of John Aryn was basically the opening of this episode and in turn the catalyst for the events in the series. It's just interesting to see how far things have come since the first episode and how things are tying in.

• 8 months later...

It's been a while since you posted this, but allow me to add my two cents.

I only now that I'm watching the show again from the beginning truly seeing how the show is from the very beginning setting Littlefinger up as the schemer of schemers. He's constantly at work, whether with the Ned/Catelyn business or by giving offhand remarks to Sansa at the tournament, trying to rock the boat all the time. It's like his every word pierces a heart somewhere in the Seven Kingdoms. Brilliant.

• 3 months later...

Not only that, but Littlefinger was the cause of the war between the Lannister's and the Starks. He was the one that hired the man to kill Bran (while he was in a coma from the fall), which in turn led to the kidnapping of Tyrion Lannister and escaladed the feud. I agree, he is brilliant.

Archived