Small questions v.10080

Angalin

I am not sure what you saw, but the official GoT comic book (written by Daniel Abraham) is MUCH closer to the books than the series. Tyrion has missmatches eyes and does sommersaults, Theon has long dark hair, Targs have purple eyes, etc.

This one says Dynamite Entertainment on the cover, unfortunately I'm at work and they look way too graphic for me to open on this machine. I just found an inside cover shot and it is the one written by(or adapted by) Daniel Abraham, now I have something else to go shop for, are any of the other novels done or just GoT?

I

This one says Dynamite Entertainment on the cover, unfortunately I'm at work and they look way too graphic for me to open on this machine. I just found an inside cover shot and it is the one written by(or adapted by) Daniel Abraham, now I have something else to go shop for, are any of the other novels done or just GoT?

I got those in french (so I can learn the names and understand wtf my friends ask me), so you guys are probably ahead.

They separated GoT in several books, in France only the first few have come out so we're not quite done with GoT yet. I'm not sure the same editorial pattern is used in english speaking countries, tho. :/

I never picked up on Small Paul. Are there any other clues?

* Small Paul / Ser Duncan the Tall

* Chett had recruited most of them himself. Small Paul was one of his; the strongest man on the Wall / I had this notion that if I could only reach the Wall, might be I'd come on some old man, a real tall man who looked like me.

* the strongest man on the Wall, even if he was slower than a dead snail. --> similarities with Hodor

* the double rhyme Small Paul / thick as a castle wall

* Small Paul / Ser Duncan the Tall

* Chett had recruited most of them himself. Small Paul was one of his; the strongest man on the Wall / I had this notion that if I could only reach the Wall, might be I'd come on some old man, a real tall man who looked like me.

* the strongest man on the Wall, even if he was slower than a dead snail. --> similarities with Hodor

* the double rhyme Small Paul / thick as a castle wall

I would say Brienne is all but confirmed, Hođr is a very interesting possibility based on Bran's vision, and Small Paul seems like the next most likely candidate. All the others are just tall.

It's a little nebulous, but we are told there are people who can still re-forge Valyrian Steel (including Tobho Mott who learned the art in Qohor.) I have no idea how this works, since we are told that regular fire can't melt Valyrian Steel. Magic is involved.

It's also possible the Citadel just has a supply of these links, and "forge" is used in the metaphorical sense, they "forge" it by earning it through learning. We know not many Maesters have these links and they could be recycled when Maesters die.

Reminds me: what happens with a maester's chain when he dies? If they do not send it back to the Citadel, Tywin should have collected enough of them and forge a new Brightroar

What about Luwin's? There is still a tiny piece of valyrian steel in Winterfell! Little Ice :P

It's extremely possible that Luwins body was dumped somewhere with his chain still around his neck. In that case, a little piece of Valyrian Steel can still be found somewhere close to Winterfell.

Is Mandon Moore ever described as dead I or lifeless in Game--before Clash?

Yes:

“Your Grace,” Ser Boros said when they were ushered inside by another of the Kingsguard, Ser Mandon of the curiously dead face, “I’ve brought the girl.”

Any idea whose head is found in the rainbow pool of the Great Sept in the time leading up to the Hand's Tourney in GoT? Seemed like a weirdly significant detail on a reread yesterday but I couldn't make any connections.

Perhaps showing that there already is chaos during a peace, when people gather to celebrate.. With a nod to a possible siege of the city, which will then be even more chaotic.

The rainbow part of the pool might also be a foreshadowing to Renly's Rainbow guard.. (but don't ask me how :P )

I actually read Jojen paste theory before I read Dance (I know I know, spoilers.. :( ) so was rather disappointed when I read the chapter and saw none of said clues. As far as I am concerned, Jojen and Meera were simply off exploring, nothing unusual with that

As an aside Elio and Linda, in response to a crackpot, made a mention of HoBran and Brandor last night on Thronecast. You all deserve to hear this :rofl:

Oh, what did they say? Now I want to know :wideeyed:

I can't find that video, would you please share a link??

Oh, what did they say? Now I want to know :wideeyed:

I can't find that video, would you please share a link??

Are you from the UK? If so, www.sky.co.uk/thrones and then browse around. The Thronecast episode will be there if its anywhere. Basically this is what happened (i will spoiler tag because im mentioning episode content):

Well in this weeks episode we had Bran warg Hodor and kill Locke, who is a show only character. Someone on thronecast (dont remember his name) came on and made a jokey crackpot theory that Bran would warg Hodor to escape his broken body, living the rest of his life in Hodor and allowing Hodor to speak eloquently. Elio and Linda just nodded and made the "yep yep, aha, sure" that you make when you are rolling with the joke. Then they said we could call the charactwr Brandor or HoBran :lol: :lmao:

Perhaps showing that there already is chaos during a peace, when people gather to celebrate.. With a nod to a possible siege of the city, which will then be even more chaotic.

The rainbow part of the pool might also be a foreshadowing to Renly's Rainbow guard.. (but don't ask me how :P )

Ahhh but no identities??? I figured as much, was hoping beyond hope I guess. T'was a minor detail. Thanks for the response!

Ahhh but no identities??? I figured as much, was hoping beyond hope I guess. T'was a minor detail. Thanks for the response!

It was random peasant #253. Man that woman knew how to piss people off and threaten well laid institutions with her children of secret lineage...

sorry, I couldn't resist :leaving:

Archived