Small questions v.10080

Angalin

HERE Sorry it was too cute to pass up :D However if you search that site for dance with dragons there are more of them.

Do be careful though, that's not exactly a kid friendly website.

Hahaha, that is very cute indeed :P Though I was actually talking about the civil war, not the book xD

But thanks! That site is awesome!

Hahaha, that is very cute indeed :P Though I was actually talking about the civil war, not the book xD

But thanks! That site is awesome!

This one was done right after the artist finished reading tPatQ, and the user Sir-Heartsalot has a great gallery of Ice and Fire stuff, I haven't been through all of his yet.

Do you guys think sweet robin is LF's son?

That's a frightening though. And I suppose a real possibility, though LF could never admit it (if he knew) -- his power at the moment is based on SweetRobin being Lord of the Vale and Jon Arryn's trueborn son. And that will remain the case unless or until his scheming of getting Harry the Heir married to Alayne/Sansa comes through.

ETA: whoops, I replied to reading the 6th page of the thread. Sorry.

Are members of the Kingsguard required to use/fight with swords during their service? Is it a mandatory thing, or do they just use them due to tradition and what-not? And are there any examples of a KG member using some other weapon?

Well, Balon Swann was mentioned to be most efficient with a morningstar and a bow. I don't see why he shouldn't be able to use a morningstar instead of a sword. I think that the sword is just being the most common weapon around, not having anything to do with tradition or being mandatory. That's how I take it anyway.

Are members of the Kingsguard required to use/fight with swords during their service? Is it a mandatory thing, or do they just use them due to tradition and what-not? And are there any examples of a KG member using some other weapon?

They can use other weapons, as Balon Swann did in the Battle of Blackwater:

Ser Balon Swann wore the same armor, but his horse’s trappings bore the battling black-and-white swans of his House. He’s more a spotted knight than a white one, Tyrion thought inanely. Every bit of Ser Balon was spattered with gore and smudged by smoke. He raised his mace to point downriver. Bits of brain and bone clung to its head. “My lord, look.”

I imagine KG wear swords when they are attending the King or looking ceremonial (for want of a better term) because swords are traditionally the weapon of a knight

Small question because I've noticed that the Spanish translations has some mistakes about dialogues and stuff.

In Storm, when Gregor is about to kill Oberyn he confessed to have killed Elia. He confessed to have killed Aegon too?

Straight from the Kindle:

“Elia of Dorne,” they all heard Ser Gregor say, when they were close enough to kiss. His deep voice boomed within the helm. “I killed her screaming whelp.” He thrust his free hand into Oberyn’s unprotected face, pushing steel fingers into his eyes. “Then I raped her.” Clegane slammed his fist into the Dornishman’s mouth, making splinters of his teeth. “Then I smashed her fucking head in. Like this.” ASoS p. 975

So he does admit to killing Aegon.

Straight from the Kindle:

“Elia of Dorne,” they all heard Ser Gregor say, when they were close enough to kiss. His deep voice boomed within the helm. “I killed her screaming whelp.” He thrust his free hand into Oberyn’s unprotected face, pushing steel fingers into his eyes. “Then I raped her.” Clegane slammed his fist into the Dornishman’s mouth, making splinters of his teeth. “Then I smashed her fucking head in. Like this.” ASoS p. 975

So he does admit to killing Aegon.

Thanks. I just reread that part and instead of “I killed her screaming whelp.” it says "“I killed THE screaming girl”, meaning her.

I'm not great with timing and can never remember answers to them, 2 quick questions

• Appx. How long about Robert's Rebllion if you use Rhagear taking Lyanna to The Sack of KL???
  • Also, appx. how long was it from Ned leaving KL after the sack to TOJ?

I'm not great with timing and can never remember answers to them, 2 quick questions

• Appx. How long about Robert's Rebllion if you use Rhagear taking Lyanna to The Sack of KL???

Also, appx. how long was it from Ned leaving KL after the sack to TOJ?

Rhaegar + Lyanna to the Sack of KL, is somewhere (very loosely) between18 to 14 months.

Ned leaving KL to the ToJ, is somewhere (very loosely) between 2 weeks and 1.5 months.

Well, Balon Swann was mentioned to be most efficient with a morningstar and a bow. I don't see why he shouldn't be able to use a morningstar instead of a sword. I think that the sword is just being the most common weapon around, not having anything to do with tradition or being mandatory. That's how I take it anyway.

They can use other weapons, as Balon Swann did in the Battle of Blackwater:

I imagine KG wear swords when they are attending the King or looking ceremonial (for want of a better term) because swords are traditionally the weapon of a knight

Totally forgot about Balon Swann. Awesome.

Thanks guys.

Archived