Small questions v.10080

Angalin

<p>

I'm not great with timing and can never remember answers to them, 2 quick questions

• Appx. How long about Robert's Rebllion if you use Rhagear taking Lyanna to The Sack of KL???
  • Also, appx. how long was it from Ned leaving KL after the sack to TOJ?
From kid kidnapping to Sack is less than 14 months, as Rhaegar was still in KL for Aegons birth, and Aegon was 12 to 14 months old according to GRRM when he died during the Sack

From Sack to ToJ has been estimated to have been around 1 month after the Sack.

I'm not great with timing and can never remember answers to them, 2 quick questions

• Appx. How long about Robert's Rebllion if you use Rhagear taking Lyanna to The Sack of KL???

Also, appx. how long was it from Ned leaving KL after the sack to TOJ?

It is not just you, GRRM has hidden the timeline thru most of the series. While Rhaenys Targaryen makes some what valid points, I would say that Lyanna disappearance to the Sack was at least 14-18's, and say 2 weeks to month from KL to ToJ.

It is not just you, GRRM has hidden the timeline thru most of the series. While Rhaenys Targaryen makes some what valid points, I would say that Lyanna disappearance to the Sack was at least 14-18's, and say 2 weeks to month from KL to ToJ.

Where do you get 14 to 18 months from?

Rhaegar was in KL when Aegon was born, and stayed for a short period of time, supposedly writing to Maester Aemon at the Wall. Then, he disappeared, and Lyanna disappeared shortly thereafter.

When we reach the Sack, baby Aegon was 12 to 14 months old (as per SSM). Taking the 14 months as an absolute maximum, Lyanna had been missing a little less than 14 months when the Sack occured, though she wouldn't be found for another 2 to 4 weeks.

Where do you get 14 to 18 months from?

This is small question, and this is going long, but you assume that Rhaegar kidnapped her (meaning that he had to leave KL and go to where she was, which would have been more then a month each way). If she left and meet up w/ him, it expands the timeline, even to the point that she could have disappeared before A IV was even born.

This is small question, and this is going long, but you assume that Rhaegar kidnapped her (meaning that he had to leave KL and go to where she was, which would have been more then a month each way). If she left and meet up w/ him, it expands the timeline, even to the point that she could have disappeared before A IV was even born.

The rumours going on in Westeros indicate that Lyanna was taken by Rhaegar, indicating that he left first.

It wasn't until after Aegon's birth, that Rhaegar learned that Elia could no longer have children.

And even if they did meet up halfway, Rhaegar would have left after Aegon's birth in any case, since we know he was at KL for that. Lyanna's location is as of yet unknown, but it seems to be the case that she wasn't in the North, nor Riverrun, making her travel time a lot shorter.

So absolutely no 18 months. 14 months, then, to meet up with Rhaegar half way. A little less than 14 months if Rhaegar went to get her, which seems most likely, since there is no knowledge of communication between Rhaegar and Lyanna for the year leading up to her disappearance, nor was there any reason to, from Rhaegars side.

Do we ever learn who the steward for House Glover is, or whether he survives the Asha's occupation of Deepwood Motte?

Galbart and Robett Glover had left Deepwood in the hands of Robett's wife, but it was their steward who came to Winterfell. "My lady begs that you excuse her absence. Her babes are still too young for such a journey, and she was loath to leave them." Bran soon realized that it was the steward, not Lady Glover, who truly ruled at Deepwood Motte. The man allowed that he was at present setting aside only a tenth of his harvest. A hedge wizard had told him there would be a bountiful spirit summer before the cold set in, he claimed. Maester Luwin had a number of choice things to say about hedge wizards. Ser Rodrik commanded the man to set aside a fifth, and questioned the steward closely about Lord Hornwood's bastard, the boy Larence Snow. In the north, all highborn bastards took the surname Snow. This lad was near twelve, and the steward praised his wits and courage. --Bran II, Clash

Thanks Rhaenys, Leftwich, Black Wolf (Almost digressed there ha)

On another Note, _

Tyrion would have been about 7 - 9 years old around the tourny at HH.

Is it every stated anywhere if he attended or not?

Tywin wasn't there :) So I doubt he'd let his children go along. Jaime, of course, had to go, since he had been summoned to the king.

It has not been specifically stated, but no, most likely he wasn't there.

Do we ever learn who the steward for House Glover is, or whether he survives the Asha's occupation of Deepwood Motte?

Galbart and Robett Glover had left Deepwood in the hands of Robett's wife, but it was their steward who came to Winterfell. "My lady begs that you excuse her absence. Her babes are still too young for such a journey, and she was loath to leave them." Bran soon realized that it was the steward, not Lady Glover, who truly ruled at Deepwood Motte. The man allowed that he was at present setting aside only a tenth of his harvest. A hedge wizard had told him there would be a bountiful spirit summer before the cold set in, he claimed. Maester Luwin had a number of choice things to say about hedge wizards. Ser Rodrik commanded the man to set aside a fifth, and questioned the steward closely about Lord Hornwood's bastard, the boy Larence Snow. In the north, all highborn bastards took the surname Snow. This lad was near twelve, and the steward praised his wits and courage. --Bran II, Clash

Not that I recall.Only Lady Sybell and her children are mentioned, IIRC. But this is from memory, so I might be wrong on this one.

Tywin wasn't there :) So I doubt he'd let his children go along. Jaime, of course, had to go, since he had been summoned to the king.

It has not been specifically stated, but no, most likely he wasn't there.

Not that I recall.Only Lady Sybell and her children are mentioned, IIRC. But this is from memory, so I might be wrong on this one.

I don't think you are. I don't recall him being mentioned in Asha's POVs or in the Appendices.

So the secrets of Valyrian steel are lost and can't be replicated.

What's up with Maester's that study magic and forge a link of Valyrian steel?

Good Q! They have their secrets and it would be awesome if they had a source other than all those lost swords.

Good Q! They have their secrets and it would be awesome if they had a source other than all those lost swords.

The secrets of Valyrian steel aren't completely lost.. There are still those who can reforge Valyrian Steel, Like Tobho Mott in KL.

That said, Valyrian Steel links are for those who study magic - and those aren't many. Only 1 in a 100 had a Valyrian link, IIRC.

Once a Valyrian steel link is forged, it doesn't have to be altered ever again. The links that will be on its left and right can be forged around the Valyrian steel link, so no one with Valyrian Steel reworking knowledge would be necessary.

I imagine at one point, the Citadel ordered a bunch of Valyrian Steel links made, and keeps them in storage for those who pass the subject.

When Jaime told Catelyn "I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act", what was he referring to by "kindness"? The "loved by one" puzzles me too. I don't recall any particular person who's thankful for Jaime's "kindness", except for Brienne when he saved her, but when he said this phrase he's still in the dungeon

When Jaime told Catelyn "I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act", what was he referring to by "kindness"? The "loved by one" puzzles me too. I don't recall any particular person who's thankful for Jaime's "kindness", except for Brienne when he saved her, but when he said this phrase he's still in the dungeon

He is hated for killing king Aerys, but he saved Kings Landing from the wildfyre by doing it. he is loved by Tyrion for setting him up with a whore to loose his virginity, accept that he didn't really do that, he actually lied to Tyrion and either raped his wife in front of him or watched everyone else do it.

Yep, it's Tyrion he's speaking off. Tyrion believes Jaime bought Tysha for him, so Tyrion could become a man. While, in reality, he never actually did it. He didn't know Tysha before, and had nothing to do with her and Tyrion getting together.

Ah..I see. But it still seems weird to me, since it ends badly with Tyrion and Tysha. I mean, Jaime was always kind to his brother, so I suppose Tyrion's willing to forgive his "lie", but for Jaime to think this incident makes Tyrion loves him more is somewhat unlikely :/

Ah..I see. But it still seems weird to me, since it ends badly with Tyrion and Tysha. I mean, Jaime was always kind to his brother, so I suppose Tyrion's willing to forgive his "lie", but for Jaime to think this incident makes Tyrion loves him more is somewhat unlikely :/

At the time this thought was expressed to the reader, Tyrion thought Jaime had scored him a hooker for a little comfort, an act of kindness nobody else would have done. But Jaime knows he never paid such a kindness to his little brother.

Tyrion remarks on how Jaime had bought her for him, to make him a man. For a small dwarf, hated by his most closest family, this must have been a grand act. It ends badly between Tyrion and Tysha, with Tyrion thinking she was a whore, but Tyrion believes Jaime did what he did because he loved him, something which no one else seemed to do.

Do we know what happened to Maelor Targaryen?

I haven't read TPatQ but tried to get info about the Dance on Wiki. It says there that Maelor's sister Jaehaera married Rhaenyra's son Aegon III who became king because his uncle/Jaehaera's father Aegon II had no male heir. But it also says that Aegon II's two remaining children Jaehaera and Maelor were smuggled from KL to safety and that KG Rickard Thorne was commanded to bring Maelor safely to Oldtown. So wouldn't Maelor - Aegon's son and Jaehaera's brother - who was apparently alive and well in Oldtown be first in line to become king after his father's death instead of Rhaenyra's son Aegon?

Do we know what happened to Maelor Targaryen?

I haven't read TPatQ but tried to get info about the Dance on Wiki. It says there that Maelor's sister Jaehaera married Rhaenyra's son Aegon III who became king because his uncle/Jaehaera's father Aegon II had no male heir. But it also says that Aegon II's two remaining children Jaehaera and Maelor were smuggled from KL to safety and that KG Rickard Thorne was commanded to bring Maelor safely to Oldtown. So wouldn't Maelor - Aegon's son and Jaehaera's brother - who was apparently alive and well in Oldtown be first in line to become king after his father's death instead of Rhaenyra's son Aegon?

In all likelihood he died, but his death was edited out of The Princess and The Queen. Twice the text implies he's dead with no explanation

Archived