Small questions v.10080

Angalin

Is it established whether the Blackfyres are as incestuous as the Targaryens?

Well the Blackfyres are Targaryens, so take from that what you will. We don't have a family tree though, so we don't know for definite

Can you elaborate a little please, I have not read Clash in some time

Here's the relevant passage from Tyrion IV, Clash...

"A lordling down from the Trident, says your father's men burned his keep, raped his wife, and killed all his peasants."

"I believe they call that war." Tyrion smelled Gregor Clegane's work, or that of Ser Amory Lorch or his father's other pet hellhound, the Qohorik. "What does he want of Joffrey?"

"New peasants," Bronn said. "He walked all this way to sing how loyal he is and beg for recompense."

"I'll make time for him on the morrow." Whether truly loyal or merely desperate, a compliant river lord might have his uses. "See that he's given a comfortable chamber and a hot meal. Send him a new pair of boots as well, good ones, courtesy of King Joffrey." A show of generosity never hurt.

From the Feast and Dance appendices:

...on Earth? Really?

Earth appears quite a bit in there, GRRTH and Planetos are our ideas I think. :)

"There is no creature on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man."

"Is there any creature on earth as unfortunate as an ugly woman?"

"The Wall is like nothing else on earth."

"Our good High Septon was taken, the gods’ own voice on earth,

with a third of the Most Devout and near all our silent sisters."

Earth appears quite a bit in there, GRRTH and Planetos are our ideas I think. :)

"There is no creature on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man."

"Is there any creature on earth as unfortunate as an ugly woman?"

"The Wall is like nothing else on earth."

"Our good High Septon was taken, the gods’ own voice on earth,

with a third of the Most Devout and near all our silent sisters."

I think his issue with the word is it being spelled like a name. None of your examples are capitalized.

Tywin in aSoS, Tyrion I :

"Joffrey and Margaery shall marry on the first day of the new year, which as it happens is also the first day of the new century. The ceremony will herald the dawn of a new era."

So either there was a year 0 AC, that seems doubtful, or Tywin and/or GRRM mistakenly place the first year of the fourth century in 300 AC instead of 301 AC.

For each century to last 100 years :

1st century 1 AC - 100 AC

2nd century 101 AC - 200 AC

3rd century 201 AC - 300 AC

4th century 301 AC - 400 AC

Though I don't remember any year fully given in the whole ASOIAF. Who did first assume the wedding was in 300?

Tywin in aSoS, Tyrion I :

"Joffrey and Margaery shall marry on the first day of the new year, which as it happens is also the first day of the new century. The ceremony will herald the dawn of a new era."

So either there was a year 0 AC, that seems doubtful, or Tywin and/or GRRM mistakenly place the first year of the fourth century in 300 AC instead of 301 AC.

For each century to last 100 years :

1st century 1 AC - 100 AC

2nd century 101 AC - 200 AC

3rd century 201 AC - 300 AC

4th century 301 AC - 400 AC

Though I don't remember any year fully given in the whole ASOIAF. Who did first assume the wedding was in 300?

I think it is safe to assume that the wedding took place on new years day 300AC.

In our world the 21st century started in the year 2000 not 2001, I think the centuries in ASoIAF would go like this:

1st century - 0AC to 99AC

2nd century - 100AC to 199AC

3rd century - 200AC to 299AC

4th century - 300AC to 399AC

I think it is safe to assume that the wedding took place on new years day 300AC.

In our world the 21st century started in the year 2000 not 2001, I think the centuries in ASoIAF would go like this:

1st century - 0AC to 99AC

2nd century - 100AC to 199AC

3rd century - 200AC to 299AC

4th century - 300AC to 399AC

Yes, exactly. Probably the confusion comes from this: The landing of Aegon was the first day of year 0, because year 1 is one year after the landing.

Yes, exactly. Probably the confusion comes from this: The landing of Aegon was the first day of year 0, because year 1 is one year after the landing.

The WoIaF excerpt cleared this up. Aegon actually only dated his reign from his coronation in Oldtown. Therefore Aegons Landing occurred in 2BC and his coronation in 0AC.

The WoIaF excerpt cleared this up. Aegon actually only dated his reign from his coronation in Oldtown. Therefore Aegons Landing occurred in 2BC and his coronation in 0AC.

Yeah, OK, but if you change "landing" "with "corronation" in my post the point (that is supporting yours) still stands. It's year 1 after the corronation, so the corronation happens in day 1 of year 0.

Yeah, OK, but if you change "landing" "with "corronation" in my post the point (that is supporting yours) still stands. It's year 1 after the corronation, so the corronation happens in day 1 of year 0.

I know you were supporting my point. :) Your use of the word "landing" is what prompted my response since Aegons Landing and his Coronation are two seperate events occurring some 2 years apart.

Archived