Small questions v.10080

Angalin

We know that Daemon Targaryen (Rheanyra's husband during Dance of Dragons) had Dark Sister. How about Blackfyre during Dance of Dragons? I don't think it was mentioned in tPatQ, but it would make sense that Aegon II had it, if it is supposed to go from king to king. Or did Rhaenyra had it, since she was technically Heir to the Iron Throne?

Probably Viserys had it until he died and after him, it was given to Aegon.

We know that Daemon Targaryen (Rheanyra's husband during Dance of Dragons) had Dark Sister. How about Blackfyre during Dance of Dragons? I don't think it was mentioned in tPatQ, but it would make sense that Aegon II had it, if it is supposed to go from king to king. Or did Rhaenyra had it, since she was technically Heir to the Iron Throne?

Viserys I would have had it, as he was King. With Aegon in KL and Rhaenyra confined at Dragonstone, Aegon already had, as tPatQ states, all the signs of legitimacy (the IT, the KG etc.). Blackfyre most likely was one of them.

how is that Kevan, Mace and Tarly "know" there is another Targaryen pretender with Griff and the GC? I am missing something?

The GC has taken over Griffins Roost and several other castles. JonCon has already put forth the claim that he's come home to win back his lands, so they know about JonCon. What I suspect, is that the prologue takes place after the fall of Storm's End, but not that long. In such a case, Aegon would have raised a banner, and his identity would become known to all.

Or we're both missing something obvious. But the whole "JonCon will declare he's here to win back his lands with help from the GC" was all so that no one would yet know that it was Aegon leading the army.

Another possibility is that someone escaped to tell the tale of a lost Targaryen coming back to claim the throne.

The GC has taken over Griffins Roost and several other castles. JonCon has already put forth the claim that he's come home to win back his lands, so they know about JonCon. What I suspect, is that the prologue takes place after the fall of Storm's End, but not that long. In such a case, Aegon would have raised a banner, and his identity would become known to all.

Or we're both missing something obvious. But the whole "JonCon will declare he's here to win back his lands with help from the GC" was all so that no one would yet know that it was Aegon leading the army.

Another possibility is that someone escaped to tell the tale of a lost Targaryen coming back to claim the throne.

Yep. That could mean there is a spy. I doubt they have raised Aegon's banners already. In the epilogue, they haven't yet taken SE. I think I'll open a thread.

<snip>

They send a letter to Dorne that could have been intercepted, also the ships have been scattered and a lot are still unacounted for. The small council has it´s information from Qyburn.

Epilogue, Dance

“and we may have need of every sword against these sellswords. If this truly is the Golden Company, as Qyburn’s whisperers insist—”

They send a letter to Dorne that could have been intercepted, also the ships have been scattered and a lot are still unacounted for. The small council has it´s information from Qyburn.

Epilogue, Dance

The letter to Dorne arrived in Dorne. Had the seal been cracked prior to the letters arrival, I'm sure Doran would have been highly suspicious. ;)

Thanks!

How are ravens trained to fly to one castle?

Long ago they would be skinchanged and could thus go wherever they were steered. These days I'd imagine they raise a bird at it's destination castle, then transport it in a cage to another castle. When the Maester of castle two wants to send a message to the Maester of castle one, he finds a raven that was raised at castle one and sends it home with the message.

In Tyrion II of Clash, Bronn tells he Tyrion that he's recruited "three new men tonight" to Tyrion's "growing force of sellswords recruited by Bronn." Are the three new men the Kettlblack bothers?

In Tyrion II of Clash, Bronn tells he Tyrion that he's recruited "three new men tonight" to Tyrion's "growing force of sellswords recruited by Bronn." Are the three new men the Kettlblack bothers?

It was confirmed in ASoS that the three sellswords Bronn hires were actually the Kettleblacks sent to KL on LF orders.

“When the Imp sent off her guards, the queen had Ser Lancel hire sellswords for her. Lancel found her the Kettleblacks, which delighted your little lord husband, since the lads were in his pay through his man Bronn.” He chuckled. “But it was me who told Oswell to get his sons to King’s Landing when I learned that Bronn was looking for swords. Three hidden daggers, Alayne, now perfectly placed.”

Archived