Small questions v.10080

Angalin

No, we don't know yet

I thought not :(

Do we know if there was a sister he could have married though? I only remember Aerys I's wife as the female of that generation. Is it reasonable to assume this wasnt an incestuous marriage?

Do we know if there was a sister he could have married though? I only remember Aerys I's wife as the female of that generation. Is it reasonable to assume this wasnt an incestuous marriage?

Aelinor is the only mentioned female sibling who ended up marrying Aerys I. I think it is safe to assume, based on current information, that Baelor's marriage was not an incestuous one.

Like The Titans Bastard said, the only daughter of Daeron that we know of was Aelinor, and she married Aerys. Either there was an older sister who married Baelor, or Baelor married someone else.

Baelors sons do seem to have a more Valyrian look than Baelor himself, so it's my theory that Baelor married either a girl with Targaryen blood, or a Velaryon girl. But we don't know how high the Velaryons still stood around that time. Elaena's daughters, if she had any, would be an option for Baelor, I suppose. That could give Valarr his little bit of Valyrian appearance.

Like The Titans Bastard said, the only daughter of Daeron that we know of was Aelinor, and she married Aerys. Either there was an older sister who married Baelor, or Baelor married someone else.

Baelors sons do seem to have a more Valyrian look than Baelor himself, so it's my theory that Baelor married either a girl with Targaryen blood, or a Velaryon girl. But we don't know how high the Velaryons still stood around that time. Elaena's daughters, if she had any, would be an option for Baelor, I suppose. That could give Valarr his little bit of Valyrian appearance.

Thank you all :)

P.S. Someone just posted a Rogue Prince spoiler thread... I assume this is against forum rules until the official release? (I didnt read the spoiler...no, not me. I'm just away to scream thats all. :leaving:

Thank you all :)

P.S. Someone just posted a Rogue Prince spoiler thread... I assume this is against forum rules until the official release? (I didnt read the spoiler...no, not me. I'm just away to scream thats all. :leaving:

Can't imagine that thread will survive for long. We also have a thread where we were discussing what would most likely be adressed in the Rogue Prince, and someone posted there that he/she had read the story, and the thread simply disappeared for a while. I imagine that thread, in addition to getting locked, will also quickly be deleted.

Discussions about the story are for June 17 and after, when the delivery guys and galls all around the world will knock on our doors and give us the books (or for those with the ebook versions, when the clock strikes 12 at midnight, and the download becomes available).. That will be a wonderful day, I can already feel it :)

Hi there,

at the Whispers Timeon tells Brienne that the Hound is with one of Lord Stark's daughters (presumably hinting at Arya while Brienne assumes it is Sansa). Do we know how he knows that, even if it is not longer true at the time?

Thanks for any help. :)

Hi there,

at the Whispers Timeon tells Brienne that the Hound is with one of Lord Stark's daughters (presumably hinting at Arya while Brienne assumes it is Sansa). Do we know how he knows that, even if it is not longer true at the time?

Thanks for any help. :)

The Bloody Mummers captured some members of the Brotherhood iirc. Plus there were all those people who fled the Inn where Arya killed the Tickler. Enough people knew about the Hound

Hello, does anyone know why Jeor Mormont took the black? Couldn't find an answer in wiki or forums..

thank you

It is not stated in the books. There are threads discussing it but the reason why he joined the NW remains a mystery.

The Bloody Mummers captured some members of the Brotherhood iirc. Plus there were all those people who fled the Inn where Arya killed the Tickler. Enough people knew about the Hound

Thank you, probably you're right about the Brotherhood. I don't recall though Arya shouting her true name while killing Gregor's lot...

Hello, does anyone know why Jeor Mormont took the black? Couldn't find an answer in wiki or forums..

thank you

He wanted his son, Jorah, who had been married, to be Lord in his own name, and so Jeor took the black, so Jorah could be lord in his own right.

This is also stated in the wiki-entry of Jeor Mormont, in the second and third line of the article, though I can see why you might have missed it :)

When giving up his seat in favor of his son, poor Jeor could not know that within several years, Jorah would be exiled..

He wanted his son, Jorah, who had been married, to be Lord in his own name, and so Jeor took the black, so Jorah could be lord in his own right.

This is also stated in the wiki-entry of Jeor Mormont, in the second and third line of the article, though I can see why you might have missed it :)

When giving up his seat in favor of his son, poor Jeor could not know that within several years, Jorah would be exiled..

:) thank you.

The fact is I didn't realize he had to take the black to pass the title to his son, I thought he could kind of abdicate his title or just "retire" and pass the title to his son.

Taking the balck in my mind had to be due to something more extreme, either unknown or out of "faith and honor" to join the watch that is in decline.. :dunno:

Saffron is a spice, that is red. When you put mix it in w/ rice, the rice turns yellow.

You've got the spice saffron, and the color saffron :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saffron_(color)

Saffron is a color that is a tone of golden yellow resembling the color of the tip of the saffron crocus thread, from which the spicesaffron is derived.

The way I can see it, combining the info from the text on the page and the pictures, the Safron spice gives a thread which is most largely red (and thus, the spice saffron is red of colour as well) and the tip of the thread is yellow (golden yellow), where the color saffron is based on.

So even though you are totally correct about the spice being red, the color saffron itself it golden yellow.

Archived