Small questions v.10080

Angalin

It wouldn't get added to Sweetrobin's honorary titles? Or would he not be considered LF's heir?

Tricky situation. I think LF should first recognize Sweetrobin as his heir, and I can't recall he has done that already..

If he has done so already, that Sweetrobin would get the title, but the Crown is always entitled to give the title to someone else, like what happened with the Warden of the East title.

Tricky situation. I think LF should first recognize Sweetrobin as his heir, and I can't recall he has done that already..

If he has done so already, that Sweetrobin would get the title, but the Crown is always entitled to give the title to someone else, like what happened with the Warden of the East title.

Sad to say I'd pity the Riverlands(and the Vale) if something were to happen to LF, at the moment at least.

Anybody remembers the wedding gift of Mathis Rowan to Joffrey?

a red silk tourney pavilion from Lord Mathis Rowan.

Crimson is a Lannister color. But recalling that Rowan was fit to gag upon the hypocrisy of Tywin when talking about the death of Rhaegar's children, I think he was referring to Rhaegar (a very skilled jouster) with this red silk tourney pavillion.

Anybody remembers the wedding gift of Mathis Rowan to Joffrey?

a red silk tourney pavilion from Lord Mathis Rowan.

Crimson is a Lannister color. But recalling that Rowan was fit to gag upon the hypocrisy of Tywin when talking about the death of Rhaegar's children, I think he was referring to Rhaegar (a very skilled jouster) with this red silk tourney pavillion.

It would be nice if that is indeed the case. Would fit in nicely with Oberyns gift, which was a secret reference to the death of the Lord Tyrell who thought he could keep the Dornish subdued for the IT after the Conquest of Dorne..

Nice! ^^

Does anyone have any estimation of how old Ramsay is? He is usually considered a peer of the Jon through Theon age group, but if he is near Demoric's age than he is almost as old as Eddard. Yet Donella Hornwood was old enough to be his mother. It's pretty confusing.

Does anyone have any estimation of how old Ramsay is? He is usually considered a peer of the Jon through Theon age group, but if he is near Demoric's age than he is almost as old as Eddard. Yet Donella Hornwood was old enough to be his mother. It's pretty confusing.

I'll need my notes for that, but from memory here for a moment, I don't believe we have an actual indication about Ramsay. There for certain is non in Dance, but I'll check my notes from Clash to be certein. Ramsay was conceived when Rickard was Lord of Winterfell, that's all I remember right now.

On Domeric, Domeric was not of an age with Ned. Domeric died in 297AC, after having found his brother, which he did after returning from the Vale. He returned from the Vale after his time as a squire was over, and thus he would have been 16/17 years old. If we assume he died within a year after returning, Domeric was 17 or 18 when he died in 297AC.

You probably were thinking about the comparison that was made between Domeric and Lyanna, right? The only reason Lady Dustin compares the two, is because she knew both of them. Domeric spend 4 years with her as a page, and before that, in her youth, she spend a lot of time with Brandon, which would have given her time with Lyanna as well (though not so much as with Brandon, but enough to see the skill).

I'll need my notes for that, but from memory here for a moment, I don't believe we have an actual indication about Ramsay. There for certain is non in Dance, but I'll check my notes from Clash to be certein. Ramsay was conceived when Rickard was Lord of Winterfell, that's all I remember right now.

On Domeric, Domeric was not of an age with Ned. Domeric died in 297AC, after having found his brother, which he did after returning from the Vale. He returned from the Vale after his time as a squire was over, and thus he would have been 16/17 years old. If we assume he died within a year after returning, Domeric was 17 or 18 when he died in 297AC.

You probably were thinking about the comparison that was made between Domeric and Lyanna, right? The only reason Lady Dustin compares the two, is because she knew both of them. Domeric spend 4 years with her as a page, and before that, in her youth, she spend a lot of time with Brandon, which would have given her time with Lyanna as well (though not so much as with Brandon, but enough to see the skill).

Domericbwas also the son of Barbrey's sister iirc, so further evidence he wasnt of Neds generation.

Yes, I was, but not Barbrey's comparison, I was thinking of Roose's. Apparently 4 year old Domeric was outracing a 15 year old Lyanna, at the high possible ages. I think GRRM had a mistake in at least one of the evidences.

Isn't there a theory somewhere around here that Domeric was really Brandon's son, and that Roose was the one who killed him, not Ramsay? If that was at all possible, then Domeric could not be of an age with Ned.

Isn't there a theory somewhere around here that Domeric was really Brandon's son, and that Roose was the one who killed him, not Ramsay? If that was at all possible, then Domeric could not be of an age with Ned.

Here is a link to one of the speculations. As for Domeric's age, I think he was in late teens, when he died, which certainly isn't Ned's age.

Yes, I was, but not Barbrey's comparison, I was thinking of Roose's. Apparently 4 year old Domeric was outracing a 15 year old Lyanna, at the high possible ages. I think GRRM had a mistake in at least one of the evidences.

It was Roose telling Theon about something Lady Barbrey had said:

“For the moment. I had another, once. Domeric. A quiet boy, but most accomplished. He served four years as Lady Dustin’s page, and three in the Vale as a squire to Lord Redfort. He played the high harp, read histories, and rode like the wind. Horses … the boy was mad for horses, Lady Dustin will tell you. Not even Lord Rickard’s daughter could outrace him, and that one was half a horse herself. Redfort said he showed great promise in the lists. A great jouster must be a great horseman first.”

With Domeric having gone to the Vale to serve as a squire, I assume he returned north when he had reached manhood, or soon thereafter, when he was 16 or 17 years old. See that Roose refers to him as a boy, not a man, suggesting even more that Domeric was not that old when he died in 297AC.

As to Ramsay, in Clash, all I've found is Bran calling Ramsay "young", but since Lysa is also referred to as young, I guess Ramsay can be anything from his late teens to his early 30ies.

Will we ever know more about Sothoryos and Ulthos?

IIRC, there will be some about that in the World Book.

Does anyone know where the discussion on controversial character vs. controversial chapter for Sansa's Winds chapter was discussed? Or even better, whether a real conclusion was reached?

Archived