Tattoo Party in LA

Outer Limits has 4 artist available on Friday (only 2 on Thursday). They open at 11am. They do not take charge cards over the phone (but do in person). They require a $60 deposit or for the group we could do a $500 deposit total (best option if we have more than 8).

If you are serious and would like to scheduale the appointment for Friday Morning, I will co-ordinate. I can send the deposits in for our Euro friends (and everyone really) if they can paypal me. So it all depends on how many definates we have for Friday morning which way will work best, and how much of a deposit we will need.

Remember, the deposit will be applied to the cost of the tattoo.

So who is in for Friday morning?

Lany Cass

Mormont

Odie

Ghost Companion

XRay

Mich

LacyB

Mel's TS

Prod

me too*

*adds clause of if there's at least 8

AND I'm still wondering about how they charge for the tattoo. Is it possible to get a quote? Do they charge by time? by size? by colours? I don't want to say I'm in for sure if I'm not positive about what its costing us.

Also is this under the assumption that we're picking something out of a book they have, will they just take images we already picked?

me too*

*adds clause of if there's at least 8

AND I'm still wondering about how they charge for the tattoo. Is it possible to get a quote? Do they charge by time? by size? by colours? I don't want to say I'm in for sure if I'm not positive about what its costing us.

Also is this under the assumption that we're picking something out of a book they have, will they just take images we already picked?

Its 5 hours until they open up, but I will give them a call and see if I can get some pricing information.

From my (albiet limited) experience, tattoo prices are determined by the artist doing the tattoo, after deciding on the area where you want it (yes, this does make a difference) and finding/adapting the design you want to get. I'm not sure if you'll be able to get a price until we get there. :/ But the deposit will obviously be applied to it. You MAY be able to get a ballpark range over the phone, but don't be surprised if it changes.

Lany, are we just going to PayPal you the money, and then you send them $500 once we have it? Anyway, count me in. I'll get that $60 off to you ASAP. Or does the shop have PayPal? I'm confused as to how we're putting the deposits down.

Thanks for taking this over, I hope I didn't seem snotty in my PMs...

From my (albiet limited) experience, tattoo prices are determined by the artist doing the tattoo, after deciding on the area where you want it (yes, this does make a difference) and finding/adapting the design you want to get. I'm not sure if you'll be able to get a price until we get there. :/ But the deposit will obviously be applied to it. You MAY be able to get a ballpark range over the phone, but don't be surprised if it changes.

Lany, are we just going to PayPal you the money, and then you send them $500 once we have it? Anyway, count me in. I'll get that $60 off to you ASAP. Or does the shop have PayPal? I'm confused as to how we're putting the deposits down.

Thanks for taking this over, I hope I didn't seem snotty in my PMs...

They do not have Paypal. I'll send the check out, which is why I want conformations first. I can send the money from my savings and replace it with the incoming Paypals. I would like to send it out by Friday, Monday at the latest.

You never seem snotty :)

They do not have Paypal. I'll send the check out, which is why I want conformations first. I can send the money from my savings and replace it with the incoming Paypals. I would like to send it out by Friday, Monday at the latest.

You never seem snotty :)

Aw, thanks :) What's your Paypal address?

Thanks for fronting us the cash... I know I for one truly appriciate it!

ok so I am total game for this but my only worry is sometimes a tat hurts the next day like hell.

To warn those that have never had one, make sure you put it in a place that clothes or other things will not be rubbing on it. There will be parties and other things going on and the last thing you want is to be in pain.

So I am waiting on some cash to come in, once I have it I will send you the money Lany.

Also how much is the cost for a small tat? I already have 2 but I would not mind one on my ankle or something.

GC, see my post above. If you call the artist can probably give you a ballpark figure, but that's hard to do if they can't look at the condition of your skin and figure out a placement, let alone what design you want.

And whatever price they give you, subtract $60 from the deposit, and make SURE you budget in something for a tip.

If you are having extensive work done (which I don't think any of us are) its $150 an hr.

Ouch. That seems steep. *makes mental note to get a SMALL rose* :)

GC, see my post above. If you call the artist can probably give you a ballpark figure, but that's hard to do if they can't look at the condition of your skin and figure out a placement, let alone what design you want.

And whatever price they give you, subtract $60 from the deposit, and make SURE you budget in something for a tip.

Ouch. That seems steep. *makes mental note to get a SMALL rose* :)

actually, it is most likely a lot less. I edited the site link in the first post. You can e-mail an artist a picture of what you want and get a better estimate. I have done this and will let you know as soon as I get a reply (I e-mailed Tiffany as she was the one I spoke with)

If you are using something from TattooFinder and have purchased it already, they have an option that lets you e-mail it directly to a "friend" (this is what I did)

actually, it is most likely a lot less. I edited the site link in the first post. You can e-mail an artist a picture of what you want and get a better estimate. I have done this and will let you know as soon as I get a reply (I e-mailed Tiffany as she was the one I spoke with)

Do you happen know what artists are working that morning? I'd like to know who's portfolios to look at :) If not, no biggie.

Do you happen know what artists are working that morning? I'd like to know who's portfolios to look at :) If not, no biggie.

Paul and Brian are still available in the morning, Paul all day and Brian until 1. Half their day is already booked up. They must be a popular place.

Bloody hell. George is tenetively scheduled to do a reading at 11 on Friday.

Yes, I know, the schedule is not even close to written in stone yet, just thought I'd mention it.

What block of time are you going to reserve Lany?

Archived