[Book spoilers] Jon and Ghost's reunion

For me the Jon/Ghost relationship overall is so meaningful and it's one of my favorite things about his character in the books especially. This moment in the show when they reunite is completely underwhelming. Kit's acting is good but the CGI direwolf is not even looking at him he has a blank stare it's easily noticeable, and i wish he would have licked him or something. That was disappointing..

Pretty sure they actually use real wolves in front of a green screen and then add CGI to make them larger:http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Direwolves-in-Game-of-Thrones-Season-3.jpg

Wouldn't be that hard to do: film Jon and Ghost cuddling, then add CGI.

Yes. They use real wolves, which are, like I said, too small. Which is why they then use CGI to make them bigger.

So, you shoot Kit and a wolf doing their reunion wrestling/cuddling/rolling in the snow thing. Now, explain how you separate Kit from the wolf, just enlarge the wolf, and merge them back, frame by frame. Then explain how much you charge for that. Because if you can, they should hire you so we can all have more direwolf action.

It sucked and destroyed the real dynamic in the books. Jon was about to accept the offer of Stannis and the return of Ghost persuaded him to refuse him. This was the second time Ghost prevented Jon from leaving the NW. At the first time, Ghost betrayed Jon's position by scaring his horse and his brothers found him and dragged back in AGoT.

It sucked and destroyed the real dynamic in the books. Jon was about to accept the offer of Stannis and the return of Ghost persuaded him to refuse him. This was the second time Ghost prevented Jon from leaving the NW. At the first time, Ghost betrayed Jon's position by scaring his horse and his brothers found him and dragged back in AGoT.

We can't say it's destroyed the dynamic of something that we haven't seen happen yet.

Since this is a book spoilers thread, I assumed that most of the people read the books.

But it still hasn't happened in the show yet, so how can it destroy the dynamic?

Arya didn't get stabby on The Tickler, but she still got stabby on a guy. That "dynamic" still happened, and there was nothing lost because she got stabby on a different dude.

If you expect the show to follow the books verbatim, you need to stop watching, because it won't happen.

Since this is a book spoilers thread, I assumed that most of the people read the books.

The scene you're talking about hasn't taken place in the show yet, and Ghost had nothing to do with Jon being found by the Nights Watch in the show.

None of this has destroyed "the real dynamic" of the books, because the books still exist and you can go back and read them.

Please, Kit is JUST managing with the speeches and badass moments... we should be patient for when he manages to show strong emotions.. he's not there yet. =(

I agree He's improved a lot but he struggles with the emotional scenes imo like in season 3 (I have to go home now) cringe :D. Kit wasn't terrible in this scene but idk it just felt flat to me. It would help if they had an actual relationship on the show lol

I agree He's improved a lot but he struggles with the emotional scenes imo like in season 3 (I have to go home now) cringe :D. Kit wasn't terrible in this scene but idk it just felt flat to me. It would help if they had an actual relationship on the show lol

I liked that scene and thought he did really well in it, actually.

I think an example of a bad moment from him was in the last episode of Season 1 where LC Mormont reveals that he knows that Jon tried to desert...the look on his face just made me want to laugh XD

I too was underwhelmed by the scene. Any chance we get to see the direwolves on screen I'm always incredibly excited about, though it's obvious the practical/budgetary limitations that exist will never allow them to be as prominent as they are in the books.

I personally just didn't love Jon's response to seeing Ghost. It was far too casual. A lot of the people in the thread that are commenting that Jon's too "old" and "manly" to react any differently must not be dog owners. He didn't need to skip up to Ghost, giggle, and roll with him for 30 minutes for the scene to be more affecting. If my dog had just turned up after being completely MIA for months, I'd be shocked, overwhelmed and ecstatic -- and that's a dog, not a rare creature that I'm spiritually/mentally linked to.

The scene just required a bit more emotion in my opinion, but I understand that the realities of filming the scene opposite of a green meat-sack probably weren't the easiest for Kit. He's been solid the rest of the season for sure.

Ghost looked absolutely bad-ass when locked up and snarling at Rast, though. If only the capabilities existed to put that on screen more often.

I thought it was fine.

Would have enjoyed something more but I understand the constraints.

Would have loved something like this*...

* Great story, but go to 1:01 if you want to see what is probably the closest thing we can get to a Jon Snow Ghost reunion, complete with appropriate score.

Oh noes!

Christian the lion had me reduced to tears when I first saw it years ago ... and ... and ... :bawl:

Eta: What? The original vid mentioned George Adamson's cameo appearance, but not this one! Outraged! :angry2:

I'm more annoyed by their treatment of the direwolves in general. They just make them seem so damn stupid and useless. They're DIREWOLVES! They're supposed to be intelligent, not always in a cage or falling in a hole.

Archived