[Book/Show Spoilers] Anyone else surprised at Sandor/Arya scene?

No, I wasnae too surprised. I expect the festering and parting to be in ep7. I think they will have the Hound and the Mountain "die" in the same episode.
I like the Arya & Hound scenes. Also They can't have Arya arrive in Braavos too soon. There isn't much for her to do there. I see her getting there in ep10 or so. Season 5 will easily get through her Braavos book material.

No, I wasnae too surprised. I expect the festering and parting to be in ep7. I think they will have the Hound and the Mountain "die" in the same episode.

Well, then it can't be in episode 7, since episode 8 is called "The Mountain and the Viper".

Well, then it can't be in episode 7, since episode 8 is called "The Mountain and the Viper".

There will undoubtedly be many other scenes in the episode, not just the duel between Clegane and Oberyn Martell. Last week's episode was called "First of His Name" but had only one scene that even pertained to that (the crowning of Tommen). So yeah, saying the name of an episode predicts what stories are going to have scenes is not an accurate prediction.

my bad, that's the one I meant.

I can just see them have two scenes looking similar, one the Hound lying down wounded pleading with Arya to end it and the other the Mountain goading Oberyn.

I expect the festering and parting to be in ep7.

Hmm I don't think so. The episode 6 teaser didn't feature any Arya scene, and one of the preseason trailers showed the "mercy" scene: I doubt they will put "mercy" in the same episode with the fight plus the festering plus the parting, as they usually focus on one event per episode. In my opinion it's likely that we will se "mercy" in episode 06 and the "death" in one of the last two episodes.

There will undoubtedly be many other scenes in the episode, not just the duel between Clegane and Oberyn Martell. Last week's episode was called "First of His Name" but had only one scene that even pertained to that (the crowning of Tommen). So yeah, saying the name of an episode predicts what stories are going to have scenes is not an accurate prediction.

I wasn't predicting anything, RedShirt47 did, saying that it will happen in episode 7 because Sandor and Gregor will 'die' in the same episode. Well, Gregor is clearly not 'dying' in episode 7.

I seriously doubt it. Sophie said in a recent interview, Sansa doesn't love Tyrion, and on the recap said marrying him was the worst day in Sansa's life. If that were the case, Pod would end up with Tyrion. Shae would end up with Tyrion. Bronn would end up with Tyrion. Even Cersei would end up with Tyrion before this season. They've painted scenes of each of these characters with him FAR nicer than in the books, and them far nicer to him in return. The whole show is a love story between Tyrion/Westeros. When he goes to Essos, it will be Tyrion/Essos. Watch out, Jorah, you are about to lose your story, too.

Well, according to this poster, Sandor will end up with Tyrion, too! :D
Sorry, I couldn't help it...

Personally, I think episode 7 will be the discussion of mercy and the Hound receiving his wound. Arya will leave him in ep. 8, get on the boat in ep. 10 and arrive in Bravos at the beginning of season 5.

I wasn't predicting anything, RedShirt47 did, saying that it will happen in episode 7 because Sandor and Gregor will 'die' in the same episode. Well, Gregor is clearly not 'dying' in episode 7.

Sorry, misread what you were quoting to the previous reply. But they could still put Sandor's bits in there unrelated to Gregor's I guess.

is that based off something? interview or something? or just a hunch?

hahahahaha i love the blatant disregard for decency and apparent sarcasm. elitism at its finest and i support you, good sir.

I totally wasn't surprised by the scene although, like others, I found it out of (book) charachter. The Hound's depiction on screen differs so much from how I read him in the book that I have stopped myself from expecting too much from his scenes because, as a rule, I just find them disappointing.

As he has been depicted on screen it made total sense for him to hit her. She was just asking for a slap back to reality.

Agree with the posters who said that she will be getting on the boat to Braavos in ep. 10. I think at that point Brienne and Pod will show up and see the ship departing the quay having no idea that Arya is on board. Perfect.

Speculation on how things will go with Sandor and Arya in the next two episodes (probably episode 8) based on what we know about episode 7 from the preview:

So, now we know for sure that "Only Cat" is in episode 7.

It's long been speculated that the wounds Sandor receives will be from some knights from the Vale (since Donnel Weynwood was cast for this season). But why would he get into a fight with them, when he's planning to give Arya to her aunt Lysa and get the silver?

That's where the changed show timeline could get in handy - if he learns from the Vale knights that it's Lysa's widower Petyr Baelish who's in charge in the Eyrie, Sandor might change his mind and decide that he's not leaving Arya there in LF's tender care. That would accomplish both 1) finding a reason for a conflict with the knights, and 2) showing that he actually does care and it's not all about the money for him, whatever he is claiming his motives to be.

That's at least under the assumption that their characterization of Sandor this season will make some sense and be more in less in line with the book character as well as having some consistency with his earlier portrayal on the show. :dunno:.

I still think Sandor will end as the book, he will receive a grievous wound and Arya will leave him for dead. But his characterization is way off the mark at this point, for the books and the show. I'm not sure how they can even bring their own characterization back on line. He seems to be shown in two different lights. How will they pull it together? I'm sorry to see him lose so much of his own story.

hahahahaha i love the blatant disregard for decency and apparent sarcasm. elitism at its finest and i support you, good sir.

lol hey! i guess that did sound bad, but i swear, no sarcasm intended! its just i did not hear about that other than this post so was curious to know where it was mentioned...

@Annara, apologies if I did sound rude :cheers:

lol hey! i guess that did sound bad, but i swear, no sarcasm intended! its just i did not hear about that other than this post so was curious to know where it was mentioned...

@Annara, apologies if I did sound rude :cheers:

It's a speculation by another poster (RedShirt47) that Sandor and Gregor will receive their wounds in the same episode, although that has been speculated by other people, as well.

And no, you didn't sound rude or sarcastic.

• 1 month later...

Here is what I think is going to happen:

Brienne/Pod will cross roads with Hound/Arya. Brienne is looking for the Stark girls, so she demands that the Hound hand over Arya, the Hound refuses and an epic duel takes place between Brienne and the Hound. Brienne wins the duel and gravely wounds the Hound, Brienne then takes Arya with her and they leave the Hound to his death. Arya later escapes to Braavos where she becomes a faceless assassin.

This scenario makes Brienne a valuable witness against fArya later on.

Haha, I'm a genius :D

I LOVE how they did the brienne interjecting with hound/arya. that battle was awesome, and i think that element of the show was better done than in the books. we had more hound time since the inn, and it ended in an epic fight, yet still ended exactly, how it should have.

im assuming briennes injuries from the hound start to overtake her, and thats when thoros finds her.

Archived