New Yorkers! Beer - July 17th or 18th?

It's been a while since we had a proper New York meetup (I think?). Just checking in to see if anyone is interested in meeting up for a few beers in the next couple of weeks?

Trivia, AD is hosting Game of Thrones pub trivia in East Village next Wednesday if anyone is interested (I'm not very set on it since it's TV show and not books).

Either way - Beer!?

Yes, beer!

Since I don't watch the show, I am not all that into the trivia idea, unless you want someone on hand to make up utterly ridiculous answers when you're totally stumped.

The trivia starts at 8.00pm and is apparently at Bareburger at 2nd avenue and 5th street. I'm sure even if you have only read the books you'll be able to answer a questions or two, if that's what we decide to do. If not, where would you guys prefer to meet? Which date?

Yes, beer!

Since I don't watch the show, I am not all that into the trivia idea, unless you want someone on hand to make up utterly ridiculous answers when you're totally stumped.

I would vastly prefer to hear nothing but ridiculous answers...

I'm game for this Wednesday at 8pm. Is the food good and/or expensive at Bareburger? My Wednesdays are packed and I generally don't have time to eat much.

I'm open to other times too, but my schedule is sort of like Pollock painting and I'll have to see if there is any white space on a case by case basis.

This weekend is a bit difficult since it's Memorial Day weekend. How about we postpone it to June 14th and go see a World Cup soccer game somewhere?

I like this idea.

ETA: Also, there are 4 games on the 14th. My liver is cringing at the thought.

• 3 weeks later...

Family postponed their arrival until the 16th. So Mauvka and I can make anything in the evening (7-8pm). I don't care much for futball but I'm closer to beer than I am to my liver and I'll be coming off a wicked training schedule for teaching this summer, and it'll be hot and... long story short I'd drink with Donald Sterling and watch paint dry. The BWB and the World Cup are, respectively and prospectively, superior.

England and Italy play at 6pm (the game I am most interested in). How about we go to Professor Thom's (I'm open to other suggestions)? They have good beer, food, and lots of TV's (big ones and small ones at all the booths).

So to sum up: I suggest we meet at Thom's around 6-6:30pm on this Saturday (June 14th).

Who is in?

Archived