(Spoilers for Non-Readers) Stoneheart S4

LHF

For the non-readers sake, I REALLY hope they introduce her with the resurrection

If they just go right to the Frey scene, or Brienne and Pod, it will be too jolting and odd. You have to imagine that if they do it in episode 10, it will absolutely 100% be the final scene before the end credits roll. So if it's a hanging scene and she just appears with no explanation, people will be left like, "what........how....HUH?" And not really in a good way. In a "that's dumb" kind of way. Because they won't have the benefit of an explanation as to how that happened until almost a year later

I think we need to see how it happened first. Show Beric and Thoros and the rest come upon the bank of the river. They see something. Perhaps the body is stopped from traveling down river, by a downed tree or something. They pull it out and recognize who it is, but they don't show us yet. Beric then says something under his breath to Thoros who initially looks surprised, then sad, then accepts it, hugs Beric and then Beric kneels over the body begins to breath into it. Beric then drops dead and the brotherhood all lower their heads in sadness. Then.......the body starts to get up. The Brotherhood all fall to a knee, unsheath their swords and hold them straight out in front of them. Pledging them....to who we know see....is Catelyn Stark. Black screen. Credits roll........holy crap

THAT is what they should do

For the non-readers sake, I REALLY hope they introduce her with the resurrection

If they just go right to the Frey scene, or Brienne and Pod, it will be too jolting and odd. You have to imagine that if they do it in episode 10, it will absolutely 100% be the final scene before the end credits roll. So if it's a hanging scene and she just appears with no explanation, people will be left like, "what........how....HUH?" And not really in a good way. In a "that's dumb" kind of way. Because they won't have the benefit of an explanation as to how that happened until almost a year later

I think we need to see how it happened first. Show Beric and Thoros and the rest come upon the bank of the river. They see something. Perhaps the body is stopped from traveling down river, by a downed tree or something. They pull it out and recognize who it is, but they don't show us yet. Beric then says something under his breath to Thoros who initially looks surprised, then sad, then accepts it, hugs Beric and then Beric kneels over the body begins to breath into it. Beric then drops dead and the brotherhood all lower their heads in sadness. Then.......the body starts to get up. The Brotherhood all fall to a knee, unsheath their swords and hold them straight out in front of them. Pledging them....to who we know see....is Catelyn Stark. Black screen. Credits roll........holy crap

THAT is what they should do

1. Its been months since the red wedding. I dont think a body in a river would still be in intact.

2. All they need to change is keep Beric alive and standing next to LS. That'll be enough to jog their memories.

Do any of you guys think that Stoneheart is going to show up at the end of Episode 10 this season? She gets resurrected right at the end of the book, so I figure that the season will end with Beric and the BWB finding her body, and bringing her back and her scene will basically end like a cliffhanger with Merrett Frey being hanged. Personally, it would be awesome, and would be an absolute shocker for non-readers to find out the you-know-who is back. I got excited when I noticed that Beric is supposed to return this season, hopefully it is still Richard Dormer who did a fabulous job as Beric in the past season.

Any thoughts, opinions? :eek:

She has to make an appearance in season 4...Michelle Fairley does great promotional appearances and if I were HBO, I'd be making sure I could use her to promote season 5.

She can't do that without it being a huge spoiler for non-readers if she doesn't show up in Ep 9 or 10.

1. Its been months since the red wedding. I dont think a body in a river would still be in intact.

2. All they need to change is keep Beric alive and standing next to LS. That'll be enough to jog their memories.

Agree it's been too long.

Beric could still be dead. Brienne could ask about him. Thoros could just explain - "we have a new leader, Lord Beric gave his life to save hers. We found her floating in the river, dead as can be. She don't speak, but she remembers" - and shot from behind LSh catches Brienne's reaction as the hood is pulled down. Big reveal. End credits.

In fact it may not need a full reveal. Just leave it at Brienne's reaction. There are enough hints there. They wouldn't then need to have got Michelle Fairley out there for one tiny cameo appearance.

My preference would be they reveal her in episode 10, but not have the hanging scene. So either reveal her on her own, or have Brienne and Pod brought to her (just not the hanging scene). Brienne will need things to do next season, and Stoneheart doesn't appear much in the books anyway, so that gives them the ability to add another scene for it early in season 5.

Yep maybe a Frey hanging scene to introduce her. Jumping right to Brienne/Pod cuts a lot of fat (which I could see happening) but I don't see that being too beneficial when they may need all the filler they can get for s5.

I'm starting to think she's 100% in though. Intro of SH almost brings some sort of closure to the RW. I was devastated after the RW not necessarily for Robb but for Cat bc of never getting any sort of closure/relief in the future prospects of her children. Her last memory is her only living child (to her knowledge - pretty sure Sansa is MIA post-PW) being killed.

The entire SH idea/character is so extreme and ridiculous but it gives another chance at closure for a prime character. I love everything about it and feel she's integral to the outcome of the story/completing Cats character arc.

I'm having trouble finding it, but before Season 4 started, I found an article with Season 4 spoilers that actually included a picture of Michelle Fairley all done up in her Lady Stoneheart makeup. I highly doubt they would bother if they weren't going to put it in the show. I'm sure it's coming, just probably not until the very last show.

If it's a pic of Michelle with throat cut - it's from RW filming. Anything else is fanart. There has been no leak of official LS look.

I'm having trouble finding it, but before Season 4 started, I found an article with Season 4 spoilers that actually included a picture of Michelle Fairley all done up in her Lady Stoneheart makeup. I highly doubt they would bother if they weren't going to put it in the show. I'm sure it's coming, just probably not until the very last show.

What? Where? When? How? Why?

If it's a pic of Michelle with throat cut - it's from RW filming. Anything else is fanart. There has been no leak of official LS look.

Oh... okay... makes sense.... (there goes my excitement)

Guys, it just doesn't work to introduce Stoneheart through the resurrection or a scene with some random Frey we don't care about.

Seriously, without Brienne and Pod there, why should anyone give a shit about seeing Thoros and Beric again? They're not that important. In fact, they arguably exist solely as plot devices to set up Lady Stoneheart herself. Introducing Stoneheart with the resurrection would be a mistake. It's also implausible because of the time that's passed.

In the ASOS epilogue, we got inside Merrett Frey's head. We may not have cared about him before that (or even during it), but he was moderately sympathetic, and we got it all from his point of view. We can't get that on the show.

It's gotta be Brienne.

Guys, it just doesn't work to introduce Stoneheart through the resurrection or a scene with some random Frey we don't care about.

Seriously, without Brienne and Pod there, why should anyone give a shit about seeing Thoros and Beric again? They're not that important. In fact, they arguably exist solely as plot devices to set up Lady Stoneheart herself. Introducing Stoneheart with the resurrection would be a mistake. It's also implausible because of the time that's passed.

In the ASOS epilogue, we got inside Merrett Frey's head. We may not have cared about him before that (or even during it), but he was moderately sympathetic, and we got it all from his point of view. We can't get that on the show.

It's gotta be Brienne.

You're not wrong, but its just too early. We are right now at the end of the SOS, Brienne doesn't meet LS until the end of AFFC. So much more has to happen. The point of the scene, if it happens, will be that Cat is still "alive". Not to care about who she is killing.

You're not wrong, but its just too early. We are right now at the end of the SOS, Brienne doesn't meet LS until the end of AFFC. So much more has to happen. The point of the scene, if it happens, will be that Cat is still "alive". Not to care about who she is killing.

It's crucial to tell the audience she is killing Freys. That's the sweet part in bittersweet nature of the reveal. Otherwise the people are left f--cking horrified and depressed because Cat can't even rest in peace and looks monstrous

It's crucial to tell the audience she is killing Freys. That's the sweet part in bittersweet nature of the reveal. Otherwise the people are left f--cking horrified and depressed because Cat can't even rest in peace and looks monstrous

It's nice to see that she's getting revenge for the Red Wedding, certainly!

But, the way I see the reveal happening in the show (and there's no guarantee of this), Brienne will meet her in the final scene, but as soon as she drops her hood and the audience sees her, we cut to black and the season ends. Then in the premiere, Brienne is hanged and must choose the sword. The scenes can easily be written so that the Unsullied don't know how Lady Stoneheart will treat Brienne, or any perceived enemy, for the nine months in between episodes. It can still be a moment of triumph, one that I personally feel would be more effective than killing a Frey we don't care about, except for the fact that he's a Frey.

She can always hang Freys later, or just get her revenge when the BwB eventually slaughters everyone at Riverrun (presumably), but it would be a shame not to extract maximum emotional effect from her introduction, IMO.

It's nice to see that she's getting revenge for the Red Wedding, certainly!

But, the way I see the reveal happening in the show (and there's no guarantee of this), Brienne will meet her in the final scene, but as soon as she drops her hood and the audience sees her, we cut to black and the season ends. Then in the premiere, Brienne is hanged and must choose the sword. The scenes can easily be written so that the Unsullied don't know how Lady Stoneheart will treat Brienne, or any perceived enemy, for the nine months in between episodes. It can still be a moment of triumph, one that I personally feel would be more effective than killing a Frey we don't care about, except for the fact that he's a Frey.

She can always hang Freys later, or just get her revenge when the BwB eventually slaughters everyone at Riverrun (presumably), but it would be a shame not to extract maximum emotional effect from her introduction, IMO.

They can have Thoros explain the Frey thing. I really hope as she approaches he says some of the lines from the book

Agreed. Here's what I would like to see (two scenes in episode 10):

- Brienne and Pod find lots of hanged Freys in the forest, with one of them identifying them as Frey's by their sigils, suddenly they are ambushed by the BwB

- They are taken to LS, where Thoros explains what's going on. We see LS turning around and pulling back her hood - it's Cat. (Cue viewers going: "What? Is that Arya's mom? What? OMG! She's alive? Or maybe not? What's going on? HBO, y u tease us like that?")

Agreed. Here's what I would like to see (two scenes in episode 10):

- Brienne and Pod find lots of hanged Freys in the forest, with one of them identifying them as Frey's by their sigils, suddenly they are ambushed by the BwB

- They are taken to LS, where Thoros explains what's going on. We see LS turning around and pulling back her hood - it's Cat. (Cue viewers going: "What? Is that Arya's mom? What? OMG! She's alive? Or maybe not? What's going on? HBO, y u tease us like that?")

What about the Quiet Isle? The limping hound? Randall Tarly? I just think it's way to early. What would they do with Breinne all of next season?

What about the Quiet Isle? The limping hound? Randall Tarly? I just think it's way to early. What would they do with Breinne all of next season?

I am going to be shocked if we get the QI.

The "limping Hound" is an Easter egg, not something that needs to be in the show (if/when the Hound actually reenters the narrative, whatever he's been doing in the meantime can be covered then). Randyll Tarly's scene isn't important to include, either; he can show up and be his very own self at any point in the narrative, and indeed, is far more likely to do so at a time when the show has some meaningful role for him to play.

As has been discussed before, most likely they'd do 1-2 episodes with Brienne interacting with Stoneheart and the Brotherhood, and then she'd reappear in the finale (or thereabouts) for the cliffhanger for next season.

One way they could show the resurrection is through a Bran tree-net flashback. It could be one of Bran's first visions. And then cut to the present day, with Frey's being hanged. A hooded figure turns around, and BAM! LS. :-)

It would be a shame to lose the resurrection scene, but chronologically that would have occurred during the season 3 finale. (which is why so many of us expected to see it there)

Archived