(Spoilers for Non-Readers) Stoneheart S4

LHF

Showing LS being found in the river and her resurrection completely kills the viewers and Briennes shock at the cave reveal. It would be a killer end to season 4 to have Brienne captured and taken to LS

I'll put money on her hooded and huddled over, crafting one of those wooden prayer wheels (even though shes been resussed by rhollor :p) lol I got the shivers just imagining :)

It seems like they are cutting a lot of her story but i have faith because they did aryas s4 tavern fight right at the start of her arc rather than near the very end and it still worked.

My favourite part of Briennes story is where she breaks down to the priest about her life and possibly could be an even stronger scene if she knows she has to go get Jaime.

Heres hoping!

Showing LS being found in the river and her resurrection completely kills the viewers and Briennes shock at the cave reveal. It would be a killer end to season 4 to have Brienne captured and taken to LS

I'll put money on her hooded and huddled over, crafting one of those wooden prayer wheels (even though shes been resussed by rhollor :P) lol I got the shivers just imagining :)

It seems like they are cutting a lot of her story but i have faith because they did aryas s4 tavern fight right at the start of her arc rather than near the very end and it still worked.

My favourite part of Briennes story is where she breaks down to the priest about her life and possibly could be an even stronger scene if she knows she has to go get Jaime.

Heres hoping!

The prayer wheel would be a wonderful substitution for the crown, but perhaps not in the reveal, I think it would be a dead give away to who she is even before she lowers the hood

It would be much better to save Brienne's encounter for later. Part of what makes LSH fascinating is that you don't fully see her dark side until later. Her first appearance is almost uplifting. So when the Brienne scene happens you get the double whammy of being scared for Brienne & co AND having your enjoyment of LSH's vengeance turned against you.

I think you're right. Perhaps it would be best to see Brienne and Pod happening across a tavern and hearing strange reports about the BWB in the forest ahead. Then it shifts to the Merrett Frey sequence. If LSH is going to be involved, it has to be now.

I think you're right. Perhaps it would be best to see Brienne and Pod happening across a tavern and hearing strange reports about the BWB in the forest ahead. Then it shifts to the Merrett Frey sequence. If LSH is going to be involved, it has to be now.

Maybe but I don't see, given there's a big fight coming for them, how they could just continue stolling around in taverns as if nothing happened.

There wasn't enough time to set the stage with reports of Freys being hanged all over the Riverlands. That may have been something that would've created some suspense, but then when would we have time for Grey Worm and Missandei's romance?? Or Tyrion and Shae squabbling for the hundredth time?? Or the great Beetle Soliloquy?? Come on, people; it's obvious!

If we don't get a dickless sex scene between Grey Worm and Missandei, I'm revolting. If Tyrion doesn't confront Tywin about the beetles in his chamber, I'm revolting.

In all seriousness, D&D are so incompetent and vainglorious, I wouldn't be surprised if they botched or just aborted Lady Stoneheart altogether.

I feel TPTB kind of missed a golden opportunity in not showing us even once or twice on screen a hanging Frey or two. Perhaps in scenes with BriPod, just in the background. Maybe a subtle comment from someone they question in the inn about this new leader of the BwB who's quiet and smells kinda funny. Would have been nice to have even a wee bit of build up.

I feel TPTB kind of missed a golden opportunity in not showing us even once or twice on screen a hanging Frey or two. Perhaps in scenes with BriPod, just in the background. Maybe a subtle comment from someone they question in the inn about this new leader of the BwB who's quiet and smells kinda funny. Would have been nice to have even a wee bit of build up.

lol nope! It's incredible that this show is the best on television. The source material is magnificent, as we all know, but HBO's execution is just abysmal.

Unsullied aren't even thinking about Cat Stark at this point. It needs to happen now or never to capitalize on that HOLY FUCK moment. Next season would be too long of a time lapse, people wouldn't even know who she was when she lowers the hood.

Sounds like it's going to be Brienne/Pod encounter considering she still has a battle scene left (ripping off someone's ear via that YouTube interview). Nowhere near enough time to touch on Brienne in the Riverlands w a random group of outlaws and then hit on Stoneheart in the Riverlands to close it out in a totally unrelated sequence.

Sounds like it's going to be Brienne/Pod encounter considering she still has a battle scene left (ripping off someone's ear via that YouTube interview). Nowhere near enough time to touch on Brienne in the Riverlands w a random group of outlaws and then hit on Stoneheart in the Riverlands to close it out in a totally unrelated sequence.

She will bite of Sandor's ear. Not only can you see her in the promo right in front of the Hound, but the emmy submission describes Sandor's ear as being wounded

lol nope! It's incredible that this show is the best on television. The source material is magnificent, as we all know, but HBO's execution is just abysmal.

Abysmal? That's just ignorance. I think D&D have been doing a fantastic job. Calling them incompetent is ignorant as well. Your entitled to your opinion and not every one is going to like it, but don't start spewing this non sense unless without the reasoning. They are the showrunners for the most watched show in HBO history so if they are 'incompetent' then the show runners of 50 other shows must wish they were just as incompetent as these guys. Anyone that has even an inkling of an idea of what consists of taking a book/comic etc and putting it on the big screen knows that these guys have taken basically an insurmountable task and have done a job well and beyond what was imaginable with it.

They're in a lot of trouble from here on out though, IMO. It seems HBO has been welching on the CGI budget and that presence on the show is only going to increase from here on out, I think. They can only parade characters through a garden and have dialogue dictate the direction of the show so much. Iron Borne, Essos/Mereen, Brans tree warging stuff all are going to require a lot of CGI. Would be so disappointing to have W&B cut some of those things for reasoning such as not being able to afford it.

Can anyone confirm who says "the dead can't hear us" in the preview (0:19-0:21)?

It's been suggested that it's Thoros in the video comments... I've listened to it like a dozen times and compared it to other clips of Thoros, but I'm just not sure...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvoBl1158Gg

Can anyone confirm who says "the dead can't hear us" in the preview (0:19-0:21)?

It's been suggested that it's Thoros in the video comments... I've listened to it like a dozen times and compared it to other clips of Thoros, but I'm just not sure...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvoBl1158Gg

People say it's Tormund but I've been wondering if it's not Thoros. When I saw that promo in mad rage after last ep in the middle of the night I thought it was Stannis. Honestly I have no idea who is talking and what they are referring to, even Thoros, since..

well, in this story one dead can hear us :)

People say it's Tormund but I've been wondering if it's not Thoros. When I saw that promo in mad rage after last ep in the middle of the night I thought it was Stannis. Honestly I have no idea who is talking and what they are referring to, even Thoros, since..

well, in this story one dead can hear us :)

It could be Thoros talking to a Frey. He's pleading for his life, begging for mercy, saying he's sorry, etc. "The dead can't hear us" could apply to Robb and all the other slain Northmen, or to the "undead" Lady Stoneheart.

Abysmal? That's just ignorance. I think D&D have been doing a fantastic job. Calling them incompetent is ignorant as well. Your entitled to your opinion and not every one is going to like it, but don't start spewing this non sense unless without the reasoning. They are the showrunners for the most watched show in HBO history so if they are 'incompetent' then the show runners of 50 other shows must wish they were just as incompetent as these guys. Anyone that has even an inkling of an idea of what consists of taking a book/comic etc and putting it on the big screen knows that these guys have taken basically an insurmountable task and have done a job well and beyond what was imaginable with it.

"It's the most watched show on HBO." What, so now quality is determined by numbers? If that's the case, then I guess "Dancing with the Stars" and "American Idol" are the highest-quality shows on television! Who knew? Argument ad populum. Just because something is the most popular doesn't mean it's the best. Of course it's popular. That's just a fact. What I'm saying is that the show has serious deficiencies which the power of the source material (despite their pointless mangling of it) overcomes, as well as the superb acting performances, splendid sets, and other visuals.

I have plenty of reasoning, four seasons' worth. They can't write dialogue. When they write their own dialogue, we get rambling tangents like "If I had only loved Jon Snow," Talisa's detailed description of CPR in Volantis, and Tyrion's beetle soliloquy. It's so bad, it's funny.

They can't develop characters. They regularly have characters act in ways which are completely contradictory to their personalities and/or motivations. Instead of treating the characters like real people, and asking themselves what they would actually do, they just jerk them around like puppets on strings.

They mangle storylines so badly as to make them incomprehensible to viewers. Unsullied in my family still aren't sure what happened at Winterfell, i.e. who burned it and why. It's never fully explained on the show. Why?

"It's the most watched show on HBO." What, so now quality is determined by numbers? If that's the case, then I guess "Dancing with the Stars" and "American Idol" are the highest-quality shows on television! Who knew? Argument ad populum. Just because something is the most popular doesn't mean it's the best. Of course it's popular. That's just a fact. What I'm saying is that the show has serious deficiencies which the power of the source material (despite their pointless mangling of it) overcomes, as well as the superb acting performances, splendid sets, and other visuals.

I have plenty of reasoning, four seasons' worth. They can't write dialogue. When they write their own dialogue, we get rambling tangents like "If I had only loved Jon Snow," Talisa's detailed description of CPR in Volantis, and Tyrion's beetle soliloquy. It's so bad, it's funny.

They can't develop characters. They regularly have characters act in ways which are completely contradictory to their personalities and/or motivations. Instead of treating the characters like real people, and asking themselves what they would actually do, they just jerk them around like puppets on strings.

They mangle storylines so badly as to make them incomprehensible to viewers. Unsullied in my family still aren't sure what happened at Winterfell, i.e. who burned it and why. It's never fully explained on the show. Why?

So, there's this cute thread... let's not start a war in this one too :P

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/107569-book-show-spoilers-season-4-is-unsatisfying-for-me-so-far/

Based on the recap I'm now convinced that LSH is out of episode 10 I'm putting the pieces together I'm starting to think that she'll be in season five. It was always kind of puzzling to me Why Lena Headey would make a post in april about LSH if she won't appear until mid June, now I think I'm figuring out that she probably got the season five script around that time that's why she made a post about it.

Either way, we'll know in the "previously" segment that takes 5 minutes to spoon feed the unsullied everything that's about to happen. If there's no red wedding mentioning than she's probably not in it.

Archived