[Spoilers] Next Episode - Asha/Yara

Kaspiro

The preview for the next episode makes it pretty evident that Asha (Yara) finally reaches the Dreadfort to free Theon, and she and Ramsay confront one another. Since the entire 'Asha attempts to free Theon' plot is a show-only storyline, the ending to this plot is still somewhat open to speculation. How exactly is that going to work itself out? If I were to guess I'd think that since Asha, Theon and Ramsay are still all alive in the books, they will likely all leave the encounter relatively unscathed. The real question is whether or not Asha will succeed in freeing Theon. Will she overcome Ramsay long enough to free him, only to be captured herself and brought to the Wall in order to re-merge her storyline with her book counterpart's? Or will Theon remain a captive, and be freed later on?

I'm quite sure she'll end up getting caught by Ramsay and replacing Jeyne Poole in the whole fArya subplot. Ramsay will marry her to claim the Iron Islands after Balon's death. That will mean no Kingsmoot, probably, but fuck it, the Ironborn were boring anyways.

Hmmmm. You're so right. They will have to do an awfully lot of condensing pretty quickly. We're already 1/2 way through Season 4, but, like you, I'd be happy to eliminate the whole Ironborn plot. Think it'll be abbreviated, though, and not eliminated, 'cause we need all those ships converging on Meereen, methinks.

My guess is it will be a 'whole lotta nothing' like the Craster's Keep storyline.

She can't save Theon because Theon needs to stay with the Boltons for all the Winterfell stuff. So she will fail. She can't get captured by Ramsay...because then how will Stannis get her? So, it will be a confrontation that results in nothing.

They have to have to Kingsmoot to introduce the Greyjoy brothers, I don't think they can cut Vic, not sure about Euron, he so far hasn't done anything that can't be cut, but not sure about the future.

My guess is it will be a 'whole lotta nothing' like the Craster's Keep storyline.

She can't save Theon because Theon needs to stay with the Boltons for all the Winterfell stuff. So she will fail. She can't get captured by Ramsay...because then how will Stannis get her? So, it will be a confrontation that results in nothing.

They have to have to Kingsmoot to introduce the Greyjoy brothers, I don't think they can cut Vic, not sure about Euron, he so far hasn't done anything that can't be cut, but not sure about the future.

Stannis can take Asha/Yara prisoner when Theon and her scape Winterfell and run into his army. The only reason he had to capture her before in the books is so that we could have a POV in Stannis' army, IMO.

Stannis can take Asha/Yara prisoner when Theon and her scape Winterfell and run into his army. The only reason he had to capture her before in the books is so that we could have a POV in Stannis' army, IMO.

She will never serve as fake Arya. Jeyne Poole was a meek girl already beaten down by abuse. Asha Greyjoy is a badass. If they do that I might honestly stop watching it would be so absurd.

There are a few ways they could go to get to basically the same place. Abandon the Jeyne Poole subplot and just have the Boltons claim Winterfell, in which case Theon doesn't need to be there to help her escape, so Asha frees him only for both of them to get captured by Stannis before they're able to get out of the north. Have her fail and get captured herself, and then both of them escape when the Boltons go to Winterfell, only to get captured by Stannis. Have her fail but get away somehow.

It seems almost certain she'll fail, since I'm pretty sure they've kept Theon's role in subduing Moat Cailin, which obviously requires he still be a Bolton captive.

They can pretty easily do away with the Kingsmoot and just have the crown pass to Euron, without the need for an election, in the absence of any evidence Theon is still alive or capable of ruling, since Euron is next in succession anyway. They still need to introduce the dragonbinder somehow and get the fleet to Mereen, but they don't need to spend a season making everyone think Asha is going to be elected Queen and explain all the lore and history of the Iron Islands first.

She will never serve as fake Arya. Jeyne Poole was a meek girl already beaten down by abuse. Asha Greyjoy is a badass. If they do that I might honestly stop watching it would be so absurd.

The problem is I can't see Yara trying to free her brother, failing and then just saying "Tough luck, bitch" and running back to the Iron Islands for her Queensmoot. And I can't see the Boltons taking her prisoner and not trying to take advantage of the fact she's the heir to the Islands.

Can't see Theon being rescued, considering that we've seen from the previews that Theon is at Moat Calin.

Should make for some great action and fight scenes though - these changes (ie more action) are definitely welcome.

Looking forward to seeing Yara kicking some ass. Sounds really weird, but I find her strangely attractive.

There are a few ways they could go to get to basically the same place. Abandon the Jeyne Poole subplot and just have the Boltons claim Winterfell, in which case Theon doesn't need to be there to help her escape, so Asha frees him only for both of them to get captured by Stannis before they're able to get out of the north. Have her fail and get captured herself, and then both of them escape when the Boltons go to Winterfell, only to get captured by Stannis. Have her fail but get away somehow.

It seems almost certain she'll fail, since I'm pretty sure they've kept Theon's role in subduing Moat Cailin, which obviously requires he still be a Bolton captive.

They can pretty easily do away with the Kingsmoot and just have the crown pass to Euron, without the need for an election, in the absence of any evidence Theon is still alive or capable of ruling, since Euron is next in succession anyway. They still need to introduce the dragonbinder somehow and get the fleet to Mereen, but they don't need to spend a season making everyone think Asha is going to be elected Queen and explain all the lore and history of the Iron Islands first.

That actually does seem to really limit the outcomes for Theon. Still kind of unsure where Asha can go after this. I'm hoping the event does actually have some lasting impact somehow, and doesn't end up being purely filler while the ironborn plot is or is not being waited on.

The problem is I can't see Yara trying to free her brother, failing and then just saying "Tough luck, bitch" and running back to the Iron Islands for her Queensmoot. And I can't see the Boltons taking her prisoner and not trying to take advantage of the fact she's the heir to the Islands.

She'll have to though. We know if the Boltons capture her, Ramsay will rape and torture her...I can't see that happening, it would totally change her story. So, the Boltons can't get her.

She can't get Theon because he has to go to Winterfell.

So, she will have to fail to save him and barely get away with her life....I could be wrong, but I can't see Asha being turned into Jeyne Poole...for the same reason, it turns her into a victim and that's not her story.

I guess they could cut the kingsmoot, but then how will the TV audience remember who the Greyjoys are?

Can't see Theon being rescued, considering that we've seen from the previews that Theon is at Moat Calin.

Should make for some great action and fight scenes though - these changes (ie more action) are definitely welcome.

Looking forward to seeing Yara kicking some ass. Sounds really weird, but I find her strangely attractive.

The actress portraying Yara is quite attractive (just look at her in this video). I don't understand why they made her so ugly in the show.

I'm quite sure she'll end up getting caught by Ramsay and replacing Jeyne Poole in the whole fArya subplot. Ramsay will marry her to claim the Iron Islands after Balon's death. That will mean no Kingsmoot, probably, but fuck it, the Ironborn were boring anyways.

It makes sense as in the end they will both end up with Stannis anyways... but they will have to change Jon's motivation for marching to Winterfell. I was actually hoping Locke would be caught by Jon and spill who sent him there and spark that Ramsay/Jon rivalry.

It makes sense as in the end they will both end up with Stannis anyways... but they will have to change Jon's motivation for marching to Winterfell. I was actually hoping Locke would be caught by Jon and spill who sent him there and spark that Ramsay/Jon rivalry.

The Pink Letter itself is quite a good motivation, even without that whole Arya bussiness. Ramsay did threaten to attack Castle Black.

Please not this, Crow's Eye King!!!!! Crow's Eye!!!!!!!!!

I was actually wondering if the trailer was set up to give a false impression actually. It showed Asha doing something, then showed Ramsey enthusiastically attacking somebody, but there's a chance they are actually unconnected scenes. We never saw them together. I wonder if they actually meet at all in this episode.

Maybe I saw it wrongly though.

Archived